7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$187
Expedia.comUS$187
Hotels.comUS$187
PricelineUS$187
eDreamsUS$187
Trip.comUS$209
All reviews salty iguana jay jay reef club spice restaurant family pool european type plenty of chairs and umbrellas open air hotel absolutely enjoyed our stay moderate waves remodeled property loved the open air limited menus omelet chef beautiful hotel great gym cpap machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021

Had a great week at the Curacao Marriott. The manager, Flor, was very helpful prior to arrival. Ended up getting upgraded to an oceanview room which was top notch. The beach was great, not crowded, beautiful water and plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Had dinner there one night at Zala which was very nice, and several lunches on the beach which were good as well. While all of the staff were very nice, our absolute favorite was Jaymy at the Salty Iguana. Within 10 minutes it felt like we were old friends, and he made some really good drinks. We will definitely be returning!

Room tip: Go for the oceanview rooms!
Date of stay: March 2021
Miyannou Winklaar, Sales at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

Dear SMC529,

Thank you so much for leaving us this lovely review.
We are happy that you were able to enjoy your time with us.
We appreciate you taking the time to talk get to know our associates.

Jaymy is one of our super stars, thank you for your mention.

It was my pleasure assisting you pre-arrival.

Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

Work brought me to Curicao and I welcomed the evenings and time off to relax at the hotel.
Beautiful pools, appreciated one being reserved for adult aged,
Really good breakfast.
Squeaky clean, quiet. Fast wifi

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Alex,

Thank you so much for your nice review.
We are happy that you were able to join your stay with us even during your business trip.

We hope to see you returning soon, and perhaps for leisure this time :)

Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

This resort claims to be non-smoking and they even make you sign paperwork agreeing to the non-smoking policy and the $250 fine in case of violations. This policy is not enforced, however, as they do not penalize guests smoking in their rooms and on their balconies.

We paid for the most expensive ocean front room option with a balcony that we were not able to use. The guest next door was a heavy smoker who has not stopped for the entire week we were there. We called the front desk 4 times telling them the specific room number where the guest was smoking. After 3 complaints, it finally was escalated to the manager and we were told that the individual was spoken to and made aware that his smoking disturbed other guests. Spoken to? Isn’t it supposed to be a NON-SMOKING property? To cut the long story short, the smoking never stopped even after the individual had been warned. We were not able to open the window or use the balcony at all. One night I forgot to shut the window and woke up in a stench with a horrible headache and not being able to breathe normally because of my asthma and allergies.

I understand that some hotels still have smoking rooms even now but Marriott should not claim that they’re a non-smoking property in that case. Or, alternatively, they could separate the smokers into a separate building so they can be surrounded by other like-minded smokers. The way it works right now creates not only an unpleasant experience for non-smokers, but a health risk for people with underlying conditions.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElenaK3551
Miyannou Winklaar, Sales at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Dear Elena,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Your concern is taken very seriously and we have looked at our internal processes based on your feedback. We are indeed a nonsmoking hotel, though there are “smoking” guests who still choose to come and stay with us.

Typically when we have a customer sharing their concern with us about a next door guest smoking we talk to the customer ( like we did this time & both reasons being a nonsmoking facility and bothering another guest) The guest typically respects this and stops with smoking where it affects other customers. This 99% of the time solves the challenge. We encourage for the ones that truly can not live with out smoking to go on the beach and away from other guests or at night on one of the decks by Zala. We also charge guests a cleaning fee of $250 per occurrence if we find guests have smoked in the room. These mitigating steps have worked well.

After talking to this particular guests we believed the smoking had stopped. We were not aware of your underlying health conditions and would have encouraged and assisted in a different way if we were aware of this. This is obviously critically important to us, your health and wellbeing.

Again, Mrs. Elena, we always hope people have an amazing stay with us and we are saddened this was not totally the case with your experience. Please do accept our apologies for that.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back and when/if you decide to visit us again and give us another chance please do not hesitate to reach out to me so I can personally look after your reservation.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2021

First, I read the "Really Disappointed" review.
* If you identify a location, you should know where you're going. Yes, the location is not within walking distance of Willemstad. But, they should have realized that when they booked.
* They traveled to a beautiful Caribbean island to catch up on TV shows during two of their three nights. Really?
* We stayed at the hotel. The restaurant is right across from the front desk and the one on the beach are just down the stairs. If the patron had a late check out, it was because he/she ignored the time and had poor planning.
* Lastly, to state the Dutch are a lesser class because of travel agencies and mask wearing is too much. There are citizens from all over the world at the resort. it is an open air hotel. I found more people there of all nationality wearing mask. More wearing masks there than many states in the U.S.

Sorry, I had to address those issues first because they were extremely ridiculous.

Our review: The hotel was fantastic!

Resort - Though it had neighboring facilities, the resort has it's semi-private beach for patrons. There is a coral reef to snorkel in and was rarely crowded when we visited. There were beautiful reef fish just a short way out. Was so convenient from the room. They have large sturdy umbrellas on the beach with four chairs. Most places usually just put two. It is open air. I can't speak for the other rooms but our oceanfront room was very nice. Large TV. Yes, you can hear noise outside. But that is at any hotel. If things get loud enough, you'll hear it no matter where you are or what hotel you stay in. They have lots of sitting areas for dinner and social beverages of choice. Large gym. Multiple pools and one specifically for adults.

Staff - Some of the most wonderful staff you'll ever meet. Very attentive, will share their knowledge, and provide recommendations. They do regular cleaning in the walkways and other parts of the resort (i.e. chairs, gym, etc.). I have to give a shout out to the following people (sorry we didn't get everyone's last name):
Flor Van Der Vaart
Bryan
Abbi
Simone
Kyorna

These names became friends during our stay. We spoke with them and they shared their experiences with us. That makes traveling so much richer and we thank them all for giving us their time.

COVID-19: As mentioned earlier, they do regular cleaning throughout the resort. The staff wears masks and the hotel requires mask wearing when in enclosed areas with little distance. Now wait for this... they provide FREE COVID (15 minute rapid testing) on the resort before you depart to help ease your travels. This is for customers staying at least three nights. It's a program they just started for customers. it not only saved us a lot of money but also precious vacation time.

We highly recommend the beach resort and would not hesitate in visiting again. Bon Dia!

Room tip: Oceanfront rooms are great.
2  Thank aj661900
Miyannou Winklaar, Verkoop at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2021

Dear Aj661900,

Thank you so much for choosing our resort for your stay and for taking the time to leave this excellent review.
We appreciate you taking your time to share your opinion and experience with us.

We are delighted to read that you had such a great experience with us, and that our staff made your stay even more memorable.

We hope to welcome you back soon to our "Dushi" resort.
Greetings from our entire staff! B

Reviewed 2 March 2021

This is our third visit to the this beautiful resort, but our first time since the new renovation. The property is stunning but what makes this resort so special is the staff. We were greeted upon arrival by Andrew at the front desk, who seemed genuinely happy to see us and made us feel special. We are Marriott Titanium Elite so we were upgraded from a pool view to an ocean view room which was a lovely view, but I don't think there's a bad view anywhere on the property.

The rooms are remodeled in what I would call a modern European hotel style. We're Americans, so it took some adjustment for us - such as the toilet was WIDE open unless you shut the main, big, heavy door to the bathroom, the coffee maker was a challenge for us to figure out and it only made a sip of coffee, there really wasn't a "closet" per se (but enough storage to make it work for us), the fridge was not like anything we've ever seen before (a drawer with just enough room for a few beverages), and the outlets require adapters to use things like a CPAP machine or an iphone charger. As we've been to Curacao before and have traveled to many foreign countries - we knew about the adapters but FORGOT. We sheepishly called the front desk to ask where we could purchase adapters and they cheerfully loaned us two at no cost.

Housekeeping did a wonderful job of keeping our room fresh and clean and restocked daily our supply of the toiletries that I LOVED. They all smelled so fabulously delicious.

Our room rate included the continental breakfast which was nice. Nothing over the top, but a nice way to start the morning with fruit, cheese, meats, and several different types of pastries and breads. My husband had bagels with lox and cream cheese every morning and said it was delicious. I added an egg (for an extra $3 USD) to the continental and that made for a great breakfast.

The true gem of this resort, however, is the Salty Iguana beach bar. My husband and I are scuba divers so after several hours of diving each day, we arrived at the beach bar waterlogged and hungry around 3 pm every day. The entire staff knew our names after the first day and remembered our favorite drink orders. Cerita, Jaymee, Linkeisha, and Jurian were our regular waiters and I'm sorry I didn't write down the names of the others but they treated us like royalty and made us feel like we were all friends. We truly appreciated their genuine hospitality and look forward to seeing all of them again.

The food at the Salty Iguana deserves a special mention. We have low expectations for getting great food at a beach bar and we expect to pay through the nose at a hotel. We were VERY pleasantly surprised to find the prices the same as what we would pay at home and the food was OUTSTANDING! We had pretty much everything on the menu during our seven days of lunching and it was all absolutely delicious. Truly wonderful! The "side salad" was one of my favorites and I had it every day with my main entree. We were truly impressed with the quality of the food.

They say you shouldn't recommend a babysitter or hairdresser because then you might have trouble booking your babysitter or hairdresser and I kind of have mixed emotions about writing this review for the same reason. I'm not sure I want to share our newfound paradise with lots of new people because we loved having the whole resort to share with just a few other guests. However, the staff deserves high praise for doing such a fabulous job giving their guests a dream vacation. We are so looking forward to return visit in the *near* future.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank Thehotterthebetter0
Florentius van der vaart, Other at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Dear "THEHOTTERTHEBETTER".

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to read you were able to feel the magic of our staff...they are indeed amazing people. I will make sure they all get to read your comments.

I will personally share with the housekeeping team your experience as well - they love hearing this, you are truly at their home.

We do indeed require adapters to fit the USA plugs, but I am glad we were able to assist you with these.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. I hope I get to meet you on your next trip,