All reviews lions dive ocean encounters sea aquarium dive shop chill grill ocean front fish free shuttle grocery store great beach dive operator two bedroom apartment skewers rooms are clean and comfortable diving school rented a car beach chairs
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I was traveling with 18 divers to this resort for a vacation- upon arrival at the resort there was no orientation of this large resort. It would have been nice to get an overall explanation of what pools were where, what restaurants were where, where the breakfast was served (and the proper etiquette so as to not upset the staff at the restaurant). The check in process was disorganized. Rooms were nice-we had to move 2 couples around - the staff did help after day one. I found the staff at the front desk to be unfriendly, and when asked questions they said they didn’t know answers to anything going on anywhere outside the resort. (We had one nondiver who wanted to go to town and tour some of the museums-they didn’t know if they were open or closed-nor did they attempt to find out)

The rooms were clean, the AC’s were good - no face towels, no shampoo and only liquid soap in the shower and bathroom. The rooms were cleaned every day and the staff that cleaned were great! Beds comfortable and clean. Lots of good storage in the room-the refrigerator in the rooms could be bigger but at least they have one.

The resort had amazing views and plenty of beach chairs to accommodate a large groups.

Their were 4 restaurants on the property. The Hemingway is where the breakfast buffet was everyday. The buffet was great! The cooks very nice. The wait staff not so much. I was yelled at for not giving my room number to the hostess one morning day 3 - there was no one at the stand when I arrived. One of my friends got yelled at for simply sitting at a table while waiting for them to open the buffet. We also had to wait for a long time to get our checks when we ate there in the afternoon and evening. The Nemo was very romantic but Pricey. The Pizza restaurant near the 50 meter pool was great and the service there was perfect! Those ladies were very accommodating! Chill restaurant was hit or miss depending on how busy they were. The Ice Cream at Flavor was also very good. The music was loud but only on a couple of nights. No real way to escape it as they have DJ’s and bands playing on the beach. But I was tired and fell asleep anyway...

Over all the resort is good but the staff needs to smile more and offer a little more customer service. On the last day after a miscommunication about the pick up time (we were told check out 1200, and shuttle at 1230-it didn’t come until 130) Edward was kind enough to get sandwiches for the group since most of us were hungry expecting to have to eat at the airport. And the bellman Yahiro (I do apologize my spelling for his name is probably wrong) was a bright brilliant smile after a trying day. If the rest of the front desk and the few wait staff at the Hemingway restaurant would smile and laugh a little more it would go a long way.

Room tip: Great views upgrade to an ocean view if you can...
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SdivewithUA
info L, Manager at LionsDive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear SdivewithUA

On behalf of the whole LionsDive Beach Resort Curaçao thank you for your stay and for sharing your stay experience with us.
First of all we want to apologize for the fact that the service you received is not what we stand for.
We have shared all your observations with the Management team and please be assured with take this seriously.
We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

2 weeks stay June/July in what turned out to be a nearly perfect holiday. Stayed in a 2 br. apt. which was clean and had everything we needed, right by the main pool second floor. Very quiet at night time although the beach/boulevard area sometimes appeared as a party scene.:-)
We rented a car and visited other areas, included Thiel/Papagayo area. We were happy to confirm that Lions Dive, especially when considering quality of beach, obviously was the correct choice for our family.
Staff was nice and there are honestly not much to put on the negative side, if relax in superb surroundings is the goal, this is the place.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
info L, Manager at LionsDive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear NorwayMale

On behalf of the whole LionsDive team thank you for your stay.
We are delighted to read that your stay at our resort turned out to be a nearly perfect holiday.
We would be more than honored to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I visited Lions Dive Resort with my boyfriend in July 2018 for 2 weeks and celebrated my 18th birthday here. The resort is perfectly located. Mambo boulevard is right next to it and the beaches are as well (less than 3 minute walk from hotel rooms). The location could not be better. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the resort itself is just breath taking. The beaches are absolutely gorgeous and there are enough beds available to lay on. The parties near the resort like Wet & Wild and Cabana are very much fun and those who do not enjoy loud music and dancing can have a drink and relax at one of the various beach bars.

I would 100% recommend this resort to couples, families, young people, older people and everyone else. It is worth every penny and I would love to come back to this little paradise soon.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
info L, Manager at LionsDive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Mggroen

First of all congratulations with your 18th birthday and we were honored that you choose us.
We are glad you had a nice stay and that you left with the feeling you that you were in paradise .
Thank you for giving us this nice rating and for recommending our resort to other travelers.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I stayed here with a friend for a week in March 2018, we primarily stayed in this hotel rather than any other because of the handiness to the Dive Operation we were using (Ocean Encounters). The hotel its self was fine for our needs, simply somewhere to sleep. If youre after a more luxurious stay though this hotel may not be for you. The beds were comfortable enough I found and the air con worked well, if a little noisy, but I didnt mind. Breakfast was expensive in my eyes but the staff were all lovely and the food delicious even if there wasnt a huge selection. The beach and bay in front of the hotel is beautiful with plenty of fish for snorkelling. Id stay here again fi I return tot he Island.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AmyKateScuba19

Dear AnyKateScuba19

We’re delighted that you found our hotel fine to stay while travelling to Curaçao for your diving, and we appreciate you sharing your insights.
Your observation in regards to our breakfast and food selection has been passed over to our F&B department.
How nice for letting us know that you would stay with us again when you return to Curaçao.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I cannot say enough good things about our visit to Lions Dive Resort. The staff, the setting, the quality of the accommodations and condition of the property, the private beach, the food & service, the general feel and atmosphere and the proximity to Willemstad and surrounding beaches, bars and restaurants make this place a tremendous find. My family and I had never been to Curacao so it goes without saying that I was a little nervous about booking a place purely from internet research. All of those concerns disappeared within minutes of checking in with my family. The resort grounds are well manicured and the staff makes you feel welcome right away. The view from our suite was amazing the private beach made the trip feel so serene and relaxing. You cannot miss at this resort. I highly recommend Lions Dive. It is absolutely amazing.

Room tip: The ocean view suites and apartments are amazing.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank John B

Dear N4626XOjohnb

On behalf of the whole LionsDive Beach Resort team thank you for your stay and for sharing your stay experience with us.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you discovered our lovely island of Curaçao.
Your review has been shared with the team .
Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you soon in the near future.