There’s so much to say about this amazing hotel. First of all it has a fair price for the beauty it is offering. Arriving in the hotel we have been warmly welcomed. We didn’t want to wait for the bellboy so we decided to carry our luggage to the second floor, which was of course not a very good idea. But we were so eager to see the beach that we didn’t want to wait.
Arrived in the room we saw that we had a beautiful view to the beach, although we booked a room without view. So I would say it was luck =))
Our room number was 1305 which was located above the lobby. Before arriving we read a lot about the noises, but I have to say that we haven’t heard anything. Our room was clean, no bed bugs or something.
Our vacation started at the Heminway bar, which belongs to the hotel. I wouldn’t say it was the best cocktail I’ve ever had, but they were good.
Jet lagged as I was I woke up very early the next day and went to the beach to see what’s going on. The staff was preparing the breakfast buffet and some others were cleaning the beach.
The breakfast, which we decided to have the first day, was a little expensive for that buffet, therefor we decided to go to the supermarket. The shuttle of the supermarket is picking up the people from the hotel twice a day. We bought all we need and had our breakfasts in our room.
Heminway is open the whole day, so we found some snacks that supported our breakfast. The frites (French fries) are really good and for dinner I had the homemade chicken skewer with peanut sauce twice. They were really delicious.
The Piazza restaurant which is open for lunch offers some Pizzas which wasn’t that good. And is located at the big pool without a view to the beach, so it wasn’t really interesting for us.
The resort is located at the sea aquarium so you have a pretty good snorkeling experience here. The Sea Aquarium & Dolphin Academy is located in 3 min. walking distance. The dive shop of the resort the Ocean Encounters was also very helpful, but this is another review ;))
I would say the resort is a family friendly place, not really interesting for single travellers ;)
There is only one thing to mention negatively; the service at the Hemingway is really slow, it seems like they are much more interested in chatting with their friends than serve you something. We recognized this especially when a trainee starting working at the beach. She was running up and down to serve people their needs, I think her name was Lissi. The days before the service was sitting at the beach and was playing on her phone. But this is only for the restaurant side. The bar is fast and the guys behind the bar are really kind. Especially John =)
Finally I would highly recommend the Lions Dive & Beach Resort =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad