Free cancellation until 26/07
US$233
US$205
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$345
US$137
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Adonai Hotel Boutique(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewsocean encounterssea aquariumchill grillmeter lap poolocean frontfishbreakfast packagefree shuttlegreat beachgrocery storeopen watertwo bedroom apartmentdiving schoolrented a carbeach chairssmall fridgedolphin academy
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We arrived at May 5th at 14.30. Our room was not ready, so we had to wait till 16.00 at the pool with a cold drink.
The room was on the first floor, two stairs to climb with our luggage. The room overlooked the pool in front of Nemo Restaurant. The size of the room is ok if the balcony was not so tiny. You could sit only with 2 chairs and not 3 (our party). The aircondition worked well as did the fan. The badroom is ok, but old fashioned. The tap was loose and the drawers a bit of dirty. We don't like a shower curtain. There were not enough towels for 3. We asked the reception for more towels and they brought them within 10 minutes.
Also available: beachtowels. No need to bring your own.
You have to pay for internetacces in your room, it's about US$60,- for a week. In the businesscentre is a computer with printer (for free) to check inn and print your boardingpass.
Hemingways serves a great buffet breakfast every morning with fresh fruit, milk, yoghurt, eggs (sunnyside-up, omelette (ready while waiting), all kinds of bunns, smoked salmon, cheese, ham, sausages, bacon, coffee, tea, juices (not fresh). It's great to have breakfast on the beach.
We have had dinner at Hemingways a serveral times. The menu is not great. It seemed that we ate at a dutch snackbar (fries, shoarma, kroket, fikandel). Unfortunately no local food at all. But friendly service.
We also had diner at Nemo. Terrible service and much too expensive. We choose the wine of the day, it was a rose. Unfortunately the wine was not cold at all. The waiter came with a cooler full of ice, at the end of our diner, the wine was a kind of cool. The food was ok, but much too expensive for what we get (the tuna was well done instead of rare/medium).
The beach is great, snorkeling is terrific, right from the beach.
You get free acces to the Sea Aquarium, just show your roomkey, you can go every day if you want.
Every morning there is a free shuttle to the supermarket. It takes about 15 minutes to get there and you have an hour to do your shopping. In the hotelroom is a small fridge so we bought all kinds of drinks and snacks. In the room is an icecooler and free icecubes are available at many sites within the hotelcomplex.
We rent a car for a couple of days at the hotel. It's great to have a car and explore the island.
We have had a good time in Curacao

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ien
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We got to the hotel at around 8:30 pm and had to stand in line for a half hour to check in. There were only two people behind the counter and they were in no hurry to help anyone. Their attitude was as if they were doing us a favor to check us in. (By the way, it seemed that way all over the island with services, such as cabs, restaurants, airport, etc.).
We stayed in an oceanfront 2 bedroom suite. While the view was great, our unit was on a 2nd floor corner which had two windows that had no glass, just screens and fixed shutters in the kitchen/living area: so it was open to the noise that came from the stairs that ran along the side of our unit.
There was only air conditioning units in each bedroom so it became quite warm in the living area. Noise from lower and upper levels came easily through our unit. Above us was a family with little children that were up at 6:30am and we could hear them like they were in the room with us.
Breakfast at Hemingways was not good, Piazza was average, did not eat at Nemos. We asked maintenance (via a form in the room, delivered to front desk) to change a burned out lightbulb in the bathroom above the sink. They never responded. Could hardly see to brush teeth or put on makeup. My point being, not service oriented at all. Also, there are extra charges for safe and internet. We paid $487 a night for 5 nights, you would think that would be included. Would not recommend this "resort".

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank casscam0501
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed here for four nights after staying in Lodge Kura Hulanda for 3 nights. Overall, I would much rather have stayed at the Lodge, but wanted to be a bit closer to Willemstad for some of the trip.
The upside was that we stayed in a two bedroom apartment so my wife and I had some privacy from the kids. There was a full kitchen, living room and a good sized bedroom and bath, with a nice view of the infinity pool and the ocean beyond (we lucked out on this prime spot)
The downside was that the resort is not geared to the american crowd. For example, while there was air-conditioning in the bedrooms and the living room, there was no AC in the bathrooms or the kitchen, so these tended to get hot. Another oddity was getting in and out for parking. The way the gate is set up, you have no option but to get out of your car and buzz the front desk to open the gate for both ingress and egress. It is exceptionally poorly designed.
We only used the on site restaurants for drink so I cant comment on these.
The infinity pool was kept clean, but there is another pool closer to the regular rooms which always had some leaves and debris in the pool. We did not use that pool at all. The beach was OK, but just wasnt over appealing.
You do get free access to the aquarium next door, and the shows were worthwhile, but if you are looking to just walk around an aquarium, you would be done in 10 minutes. A good fish store has more diversity.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank podsk
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed at Lions Dive for 6 nights as a single traveler on a scuba vacation. The hotel is right on the beach with many palm trees and chairs - very pleasant and not crowded. The reef in front of the beach makes the water very calm, with plenty of fish to see if you are snorkling. Great for families with children. There were many Dutch people staying at the hotel, and quite a few families, but also couples and divers. I was upgraded for free to a ocean-view room, with a wonderful wrap-around balcony with a pleasant breeze. The bed was comfortable and the room comfortable and clean with a small refridgerator. As for diving, I was disappointed that the on-site diving center, Ocean Encounters, could not arrange for the "referral dives" for me to complete my open water certification (I had done the in-class and in-pool training before I left home.) Thankfully, I was able to connect with an off-location operation (Dive Center Aquarius) that met my needs. I was able to take advantage of the twice-daily shuttle into town (comfortable and on-time), and used the free entrance to the Seaquarium next door to Lions Dive, whose dolfin show is well worth a visit.

For me the only real drawback about Lions Dive was the price. At $184 per night, without breakfast, I think the value was just OK. Also, the food was rather expensive, like $15 for a breakfast buffet that was good, but nothing exceptional.

The taxi ride was $35 to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Eric43212
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Do not forego other four star hotels for this one. This is a below average three star hotel on a really great beach.
There is no shampoo, conditioner or lotion.
First two nights my husband and I slept separate beds, because choice between king and double is apparently only a preference and is not guaranteed. When we were finally moved to a king bedroom the mattress was crooked with a huge lump between the two sides, they might as well have put a chastity wall in between, because trying to move closer to your spouse at night was impossible. The bed also came with two tiny blankets big enough for only one person, so any kind of cuddling was out of the question.
Don't eat at the hotel or Augusto's next door - the food is awful!. For breakfast they serve those juices out of a can that are dissolved with water - I'd resort to that if I was climbing ice-covered Mount Everest, not on a tropical vacation.
Did I mention that the blankets came in sheet sleeves with one end of the blanket exposed? And since they don't clean the blankets ours had a blood stain on it? Also the nightstands haven't been dusted in probably a week because they were completely white and even had dust bunnies.
Other things were annoying to, they hard cold tile floors, but didn't offer slippers. No iron in the room and when I called the front desk to ask for one, the employee said "I have to see if we have one available" and then hung up. He never called back to tell me if there was or wasn't one available and never sent one.
Oh, and that great service other reviews mention? Only of you are lucky. About 50% of the time you will get a smiling person trying to help you, the other 50% they just don't care. When I asked where I could buy sunscreen at the hotel, the person told me I'd have to go to the city, turns out there was a shop in the same lobby that she sat in that sold sunscreen. Same when we asked for an alternative place for breakfast - we were told we have to go to the city. Turns out there is a Surf & Turf that serves breakfast and is a 10 min walk away (we didn't end up eating there, so I don't know about the quality, but the locals said it was good).
Don't rely on the free shuttle. It is only twice a day 9am, coming back at 11:30 and 2pm, coming back at 5pm. The taxis charge per person, so a trip to the city for two is $15, and $15 to come back.
If you do stay in the area, eat at Mambo - it is good for lunch and dinner. Although it is supposed to be pricier that at the hotel, it really is not. The hotel food isn't cheap, just tastes cheap.
That said the beach is great and snorkeling is wonderful along the wave breakers. All the fish hang out on the ocean side of wave breakers, tons of parrot fish and other colorful ones.
There are tons of great places to eat outside of the hotel, but you need a car to get there. Indonesian places are fantastic. Try also Steak & Ribs at the Riffort mall in Otra Banda. Their seafood soup and red snapper are great.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple