“Amazing ”

Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated high upon a hill at the harbor's entrance, Fort Nassau has a beautiful 360 degree view over part of the island and the city of Willemstad with the unique bridges that connect Punda and Otrobanda. At night a sea of lights stretches to the horizon offering a most spectacular view. Restaurant Fort Nassau offers "Casual Fine Dining". Lunch and dinner are served in the semi open-air restaurant. The historical setting and contemporary interior, breathtaking view, and good food, make your visit to Fort Nassau a memorable experience.
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

The lamb was delicious. With the scallop salad. And I had a watermelon beverage it was perfect lemon and watermelon juice. Definitely will go back.

Fort-Nassau-Cur, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you Jonae M for your visit and for leaving a great review for Fort Nassau on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Quiet, relaxing location....no traffic noise, no ones smoke from the next table drifting into our faces. Just a calmness, looking out to the surrounding views...sun blazing red as it set into the sea.
I started with the beets with goat cheese croquettes. I asked for the walnut oil dressing on the side as I have a nut intolerance...didn’t miss it. The dish has layers of flavours as is. Totally wonderful. Next was Norwegian salmon on a risotto. Huge amount of fish...nicely cooked, flavourful. My partner had the fall set menu and was very happy with his choices.
Service is friendly, attentive.
We hope to return during this trip. There are some goat cheese croquettes calling me!!

Dear happyme_13... the goat cheese croquettes are calling! Haha, they are also one of my favorites. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Historical fort with narrow steps go to the top for an enjoyable meal or just drinks in the bar. Caution you on going down to the restrooms,very steep steps, dimly lit at night, but not handicap accessible or for young children. The ride up to the fort is a pretty ride, but in a tour bus quite a steep incline but our trusted driver made it. I would suggest it as a couples place. Terrific food with a local flair.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We stumbled upon Fort Nassau one day while driving around lost. We walked around, the views are nice in the daytime too. When recommended by our concierge, we returned for dinner. My husband had the summer tasting menu and enjoyed it very much. I had the shrimp in garlic. Shrimp cooked properly but not much flavor, certainly not much garlic. Service very good. Great views as everyone says and nice breeze. We shared the dutch apple pie for desert and it was disappointing. Just an average piece of pie, way overpriced at $17.00.

Fort-Nassau-Cur, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you WheelzUpGal for leaving a review on our page! Glad you enjoyed your overall dinner experience. I will pass your comments about the Shrimp to our chef. The apple pie is indeed traditional Dutch apple pie, with a roasted nut mélange, vanilla bean anglaise, and 'Dulce de leche' ice cream, costs US$ 10.00. We welcome you to choose a more 'adventurous' dessert next time you visit!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

This was our best meal in Curacao.

We opted for the summer set menu and I highly recommend it.
This was the most creative and well-matched flavours that I had on the island. The chef here knows what he's doing!

The service here was also excellent - some of the best service we saw on the island.

The views are amazing day or night.

Fort-Nassau-Cur, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you Madeleine75 for your great review! The summer menu indeed was a big success and we will surely repeat a similar tasting menu in the near future. I will pass on your compliments to the chef and his team as well as the waiter team. Thank you for your visit!