2,071 results
All reviews la bamba second home small resort piano bar public relations nightly entertainment coffee bar beef french fries great beach cleaned daily night shows shrimp beach chairs a great vacation entertainment staff tucan
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Really the nicest staff I have experienced at a Cuban resort. I have to say though that the buffet was the smallest I have seen so the choices of food were very limited. When booking your room try for the 2nd floor or be ready to do a lot of stair climbing as the elevator does not work all the time. The maid did a great job on the room every day and no shortage of towels. The shower was good with some decent pressure and warm water. The pool was fine but they really need some washrooms down there instead of heading to the 2nd floor all the time. The beach of course was gorgeous and as soon as we went to loungers the fellow with the umbrellas was there and had us set up right away. Overall a nice stay but I'm sure during prime time the line ups at the buffet must be quite long for some really mediocre food even for Cuba.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Clifford W
Lliliam, Quality at Be Live Experience Tuxpan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thanks for your comment , we work for be better day by day

Reviewed 23 September 2018

The staff was amazing, helpful and friendly But WATER is a PREMIUM - ONE BOTTLE IS ALL YOU GET and the hunt for more is on :( Water is necessary for good health and there police should be changed. There is also no bathroom out doors by the pool -you have to go into the hotel to use a bathroom.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dee B
Lliliam, Quality at Be Live Experience Tuxpan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thanks for your opinion.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

lovely people, especially guy at the door Jesus, very pleasant to talk to. Room was ok, food so-so but overall ok. hotel is very small, nowhere to really take a walk but beach is to die for, had a good time

Room tip: higher floors have a nice view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for your opinion we work every day to be better.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

well my son and i went to hotel Tuxpan in Varadero on sept 15 to 20 ,2018 and they said my room wasn't ready so we had to wait till 400 ,went up to the room and opened the door and all you could smell is mold,they said we could move to another room the next day on the 4 floor but the elevator only went to the third floor when it was working .it was clean but the door only locked if you slammed the door two or three times,patio door was almost impossible to open.went down for breakfast and it looked like the food was left over from the day before.dinner and supper was the same thing everyday .me son who is 35 years old got sick on the third day and spent the rest of his vacation in bed ,the people at the resort are great and tried to do everything they could to make his stay comfortable, the resort needs alot of upgrades and the pool that we didn't get in was missing tiles on the floor of the pool,the lobby bar and the people that worked at it was the best ,the pool bar people would walk away when i ask for a drink.The resort gives you one bottle of water when you get there and you need to go to the pool bar to have it refilled but they told me no and i had to pay for a bottle ,For dinner i asked for a coffee and they told me to go the the lobby bar and get it my self.i love going to CUBA and we still go to CUBA but it will not be this resort.I am from NB,Canada and love to tip and give things to the people at the resort, this left a bad felling with me.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pbuilt1

We really sorry about your opinion , we work every dat to be better.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I would like to say this is a wonderful resort . I had a room on the third floor- it was kept very clean and the air conditioner kept it at a perfect temp for sleeping .
The beach is just gorgeous, and there is staff on the beach that will put an umbrella
up for you , and set up some chairs . Please leave them a little tip for their hard work . There is a chance to go out to a small coral reef for snorkeling- it was $20 CUC for one hour . There were a lot of colourful fish to see .
The service at the bars was very good - the only issue was no mint for quite a few days , so no mojitos!
The pool area was kept very clean, and the pool water was sparkling clean . There are some hard working men there !
The meals in the buffet were good , def something for everyone. The a la carte restaurant provided excellent service and very tasty meals. There is a coffee bar on the top floor that has a huge menu of different coffees , every one that I tried was delicious. Lunch is served at the beach bar - chicken , burgers, fries and paella. Sandwiches are served at the pool bar 24 hrs .
I am hoping to return very soon . I am very pleased to have met so many people - other guests as well as the super staff at Tuxpan .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank amlmarshall01

Thanks for your response we work to be better every day.