US$342
US$137
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$247
US$427
US$199
Cancelon
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

1,640 results
All reviewscolonial sectionbeatles barmanager davidlobby barcaillemain buildingcuban barpool guyamazing locationhavana clubpublic relationsbeach towelsmy home away from homejosone parkpastasmall resortdowntown varadero
Reviewed 1 November 2017

This hotel is badly let down by the unhelpful reception staff. They are the most unhelpful I've ever come across, but the bar, restaurant and other staff made up for them. There was no usable safety box in the room (1243) as the door had been ripped off. No plug for the bathroom sink. No spare toilet rolls (luckily I'd taken some with us), There were two bottom sheets on the bed as they didn't have one big enough to cover it. The towels and bed cover looked dirty. Make sure you take a laptop, mobile phone of other device to connect to the internet so you can check you return flights as RECEPTION STAFF WILL NOT HELP YOU!!!!!

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank Denise L
Reviewed 28 October 2017

One of my friends recommended this hotel; he had only good words, So I am retired and I have time to experiment…so I tried it for 2 weeks;I just came back yesterday. You want a nice vacation, try this place.

The whole hotel and the rooms are super clean. Each time I came back to my room, there was a boat, an animal, etc. made with towels on my bed. It was like changing room every day. Raqel was an exceptional maid.

The food: the choice and the quality are amazing. I mean It was even difficult to chose one dish in particular since there are so many good choices possible; salads of all kind , 4 choices of hot plates, etc. and that delicious chicken with bakes potatoes, even dishes for veggies. And on top the 4 or 5 desserts...my favorites: chinese cookies and the mango cake. The fruits: always at least 4 of them. The Chef is a real professional and he looks at everything.

The animation, specially at night is fabulous: those 4 ladies and 4 guys are professional dancers and each night there is a different theme. On Tuesday the ladies even danced on Swan Lake. In the afternoon, if you don`t like the noise of the animation, just lay down on a chair on the beach and take a dip in the crystal clear water of the sea.

But the best of all are the staff...from the cleaning lady to the director, Mr David ( he is omnipresent) ; they are always happy to see you, attend at your most simple wishes and they pamper all the tourists. Let me mention some I can remember: The reception ladies, specially Marianna, Hanny, the public relations ladies, Miquel, the wagon driver, Yaelney, the juice lady, Delbis, a super gardener (thank you for your advices on my garden, is English is way above average) and there is SUPER Carlo Rondo ( in charge of the restaurant and the bar from 7 to 24).

But then I could mention all the employees but I cant remember all their names. See you all in February. Thanks to all. Great vacation.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank 3ben
gm_Starfish4Palmas, Director General at Starfish Cuatro Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thanks for all your comments about our staff, service and facilities and for your confidence.
We are proud to read that you have enjoyed your stay among us and that we could help you to reach your expectations to make your stay unforgettable.
Thanks as well for your score.
Looking forward to seeing you on February receive in the meantime our best regards

Reviewed 22 October 2017

once again an excellent vacation.was happy to see everybody again.alberto the porter and the others. sorry i didn't get all your names but i will next visit. theres just so many staff.to david,elimay,gabby,abel,elianna,fernando,orestes,victor,mario,julio,cisneros,valimere,francisco,lulu,fidel,yodely,randy and all the remaining we wish to thank you for an excellent vacation.we love all of you and can't wait to see you again.this hotel is the best in all of varadero from the location to the rooms to the beach to the great food and the best staff.we wouldn't stay anywhere else in varadero.
hugs and kisses to all.
sandy and larry walsh

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank m0mmy1966
gm_Starfish4Palmas, Director General at Starfish Cuatro Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thanks for your loyalty and trust and for being part of our big family.
It is a proud to know that guests like you feel our hotel and staff as their own house and that as yuou said cannot wait to come back
As always, we will be waiting to see you on your next visit
With our best regards and kisses

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Having visited this hotel many times in the past, primarily because of it's excellent location, I booked it again in September. I found many improvements over past visits but submit the following so improvements may continue.
Arriving late in the evening from the Airport it took forty minutes to book in. I had reserved the budget lodging across from the main hotel and booked through Sunwing.
The first room was musty, the second room had no working safe. The third room I was sent to, in the forth block, was fine but I then had to return to reception to once again book in.
This room is two hundred yards from the main building and this should be a consideration when booking if you are infirm. If it is raining as it unfortunately was when I visited, it means you have to bundle up to go for meals. A golf cart can transport you if you are prepared to wait.
My air conditioner did not work but this could have been avoided if an instruction sheet had been provided as the machine only works on a particular setting. I met the manager by coincidence and mentioned the air conditioning problem to him and ten minutes later a service man was at the door and had it operating. That's what I call service.
My room was spotless and I did notice an improvement in the food although flies are still a problem.
The main difference I experienced was the attitude of the staff. They were always helpful and cheery. Alberto, the doorman and long time employee was as usual outstanding and my waitress whose name I cannot recall but who lived in Boca was exceptional. I was happy to see many outstanding staff whom I had encountered on prior visits were still employed. Those not so good were no longer present.
The Hemmingway bar used to be a bit of a quiet retreat from the noise of the main bar but on each occasion I ventured there the radio was blaring so loud one could not have a conversation.
I have to congratulate the General Manager as his personal attention to detail is what I believe is most responsible for the improvements I witnessed.
I have visited Cuba over one hundred times since the early seventies mainly for the scuba diving. When selecting Varadero I will most certainly return to Cuartro Palmas

Room Tip: Block five would appear to be the quietest although there is a disco/bar across the road.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank damien
gm_Starfish4Palmas, Director General at Starfish Cuatro Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you very much for all your comments and rating.
Thanks for your confidence with us and for all the suggestions about your stay with us.
It is really important for us to know that our guests are involved in the changes and with comments and suggestions like yours help us to continue improving day by day to guarantee a better service and facilities.
Looking forward to seeing you again among us, receive my best regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Starfish Quatro Palmas Hotel in Varadero is one of the hotels which is both good and bad in equal measures.

On the plus side, the hotel is situated in an ideal spot within the primarily tourist area that is Varadero. The hotel occupies a beachfront location on the Caribbean Sea which is usually a fabulous turquoise blue colour and has a soft sandy beach. Added to this, each and every member of staff is friendly and willing to help guests experience a lovely time whilst staying at the hotel. Of special note here are the great bar staff and waiting staff who are extremely attentive at all times.

Now the negatives. Well, high on the list must be the fact that food hygiene is not so greatly respected as, frankly, I need. The main dining room is usually stocked with the food for the next meal as soon as it is prepared which allows it to be sampled by the flies long before any guest gets a look in. This is a relatively simple fix- covering the food and by installing those fly-zapper devices. However, these measures would not assist in ridding the dining room of the two birds which flew around freely throughout our visit and did not receive eviction notices despite concerns being highlighted to the general staff and even the manager (David).

Other concerns include the general hygiene throughout the premises. Quite honestly, I don’t expect to find other peoples’ hair all over my room on arrival and neither it is acceptable for bed linen and towels to be stained. It is also far from okay for plates, cutlery and glassware to be dirty or damaged. Wiring is also suspicious and cleanliness of fixtures and fittings is, in parts, awful in the extreme. All of these are basics in the hospitality industry and should be internationally a standard for any business seeking to attract international clients.

Other guests also create additional issues. Failing to adhere to the rules surrounding the use of glass around the pool is appalling. Do they not realise that the breakage of one glass would necessitate the closure, draining and refilling of the pool? Also, why do these same people think that it is acceptable to smoke and eat by the pool, leaving the remnants for others to walk through barefoot? The staff ignore these matters too.

All-in-all, our time at this resort was pleasant enough but there is so much that needs to be done to improve the standards.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple