2,205 results
All reviews rooftop pool national hotel old town breakfast buffet top floor lobby bar special thanks omelette famous hotel reception staff modern hotel live music exchange rate rooms are comfortable wifi cards a short taxi ride stayed here for nights
Reviewed 12 September 2018

After a failed AirBnB this hotel was a saving grace. I had spent almost half the day at the US Embassy looking for a new place my friend boyfriend booked it from the US. Once we walked up to the stairs of the hotel the door was opened and our bags taken. When we went to the desk with received a towel to wipe or face and hand, we also received a refreshing drink of grapefruit juice. We were greeted with "Welcome Home". The hotel was clean and beautiful bed are soft, staff is welcoming, and if your Spanish isn't strong, they speak English. They gave great suggestion, Hugo helped get us a old car to go to the beach for only $50 round trip. Food was amazing I am still dreaming about the burger I had. It is in the heart of everything and makes it easy to walk around the town. One staff member that really touched my heart was Yaniris, she was the young woman that was making the omelette for breakfast. She was sweet and kind. She saw that I was wearing a Santaria bracelet and she took time to explain it to me. She was warm and generous. I'm telling everyone to stay here and when I come back I am going back home.

Room Tip: Get the view of the ocean and national hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank deehamilton10
RicardoD4115, General Manager at NH Capri La Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear guest,

We were pleased to note that you appreciated our food and location. Both aspects that are preferred by many of our guests. All of this is representative of our excellent location impregnated with culture, history and tradition. Besides, it pleases us to see that our service was to your liking. We are very lucky to count on a staff that works with the aim of providing excellent service and make you feel at home.
Thank you for highlighting Hugo and Yaniris in your review, they will be congratulated for their good work
We hope your travel plans will bring you back to Havana where we would be glad to offer you once again outstanding service.
Cordially,

Avianna Armas
Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived very late after our plane (never fly air Canada) was delayed 10 hours, but still the staff where up and waiting To welcome us with cocktails - thank you!
Nice room, great that hotel has a roof top pool!
Breakfast is good, bar is great!
Felt very safe and secure.
Lovely staff on check in / bar and breakfast area!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are very pleased to receive your comment. It is very gratifying to know you enjoyed the stay, liked the service and our hotel. We would like to hear what would you like to find on a future stay in order to make you go: WOW .

Best Regards,

Avianna Armas
Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights when visiting Havana.

Location was great and central with the Hotel Nacional and the Malacon within walking distance and a few bars and restaurants nearby.

Reception staff were friendly, efficient and helpful.

Room was basic but clean with all necessary amenities. Also had a great view of the Malacon and Hotel Nacional.

Breakfast was good and varied with friendly staff.

Didn’t use the pool, bar or any of the facilities.

Would stay again if visiting Havana.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Louis was a really nice guy helped us learn about the hotel features, showed us the pool, and helped us with getting WIFI. And Sandra was according to my 10 yr old son the nicest lady in Cuba. He felt sick one day when we were there to eat and she was extra nice. She was so nice my son gave her a toy for her to share with her family. Great place, nice roof top pool, food, live music.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stayed at the NH Capri for 4 nights before completing a 2 week holiday in Varadero. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast was buffet style with something for everyone although there was not a great amount of choice. But hey... we are in Cuba!. We ate in the restaurant in the evening twice out of convenience, but were not impressed with anything on offer on either evening. I would stay in the hotel again, but would probably eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: The hotel has lift facilities and also accessible rooms
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple