See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for the first week of March 2017. The hotel is located about 5 km from Old Havana and would require a taxi (10 cuc$) to go there if you want to visit this part of the city. There is bus stops at both sides of the street but you have to know the bus system and routes. Room is at the lower end .of comfort and amenities by western standards. Air conditioning works ok but the problem is with the water. The water pressure is so low that sometimes you wonder if it is going to stop. Then one evening there wasn't any running water till the next morning. You also need about 2 minutes to get hot water. I learned later that this is a common problem in Havana with average hotel because of the inadequacies of the city water distribution system.
If you stay here, ask for a room overlooking the backyard as it is much more quiet than the frontside which see lots of traffic on the main street. And always stock bottles of water for toilet in case there is shortage of water.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ntngayve
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Visited Havana for vacations. This hotel is an old building. The many of Havana are also. The breakfast was not bad not good. The staff is politely. Not WiFi. Is not near to center but if you don’t want to pay always taxi you can use the public buses.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I think some of the reviews here are unfair. My experience was overall quite positive. No, it's not really a tourist Hotel but that can be a positive. It was quiet, comfortable and authentic. Water pressure and heat were great, rooms were clean and the staff were great. I've stayed at many hotels in Havana and this one was certainly not the worst. It's a bit out of the way but there are many cheap taxis around. Make sure to eat at La Rosa Negra nearby if you stay here. Huge portions, great food and great prices. After a few days at this hotel we got to know the staff and many locals and it made for a very welcoming environment. It's not luxury but it is authentic. My friend and I both enjoyed our stay here although it was not our first choice.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank C6205YBrobh
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

To be fair all but most elite hotels in Havana are dumps and a 5 star Cuban hotel is a 3 star anywhere else in the world. But this place doesn't even deserve a 1 star rating. The single pane windows do nothing to block the sound of the busy road and noisy cars, and the open air conditioner let's in all the diesel and gas pollution. The room has bugs and nothing works right. Definitely stay clear of the breakfast as it not only aweful, but guaranteed to make you sick. I really can't say enough bad things about the place, but it also is much worse then alternative. I've been around the world and to most Caribbean islands and Cuba is the worst place I've visited. Interesting only to witness the affects of socialist state and 2 days is more than enough time.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelwise1000
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I was at this hotel from Feb. 23 to March 2nd 2017 and did regret going to this place. I did not have phone, no safety deposit box, problem with TV remote and air conditioner, shower floor clogged. To make matter worst there were cockroaches walking in one of those rooms. I had to change room 4 times from bad to worst during my stay. At night the drunk local were making a lot of noise in the hallway. A lot of flies in the restaurant during the breakfast which were very disturbing, but the employees of the restaurant were very nice. The breakfast menu was very poor and it was the same every day. I will not recommend that hotel to anyone.

Room tip: I can talk only about the rooms I had, maybe some people are not disturbed by those issues.
Date of stay: February 2017