See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2017

We knew that the hotel is 3 star but has never been in a hotel with such a low standard. We stayed for 7 nights with berakfast. 2-3 days had we good breakfast but the other days were bad with cold caffee.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mahrou F
Reviewed 5 February 2017

This hotel was very basic and rudimentary in amenities. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor before travelling and expected much worse. Do not go by some of the pictures people have posted. The lobby and dining room were nice. The rooms, like the rest of the property were dated, and had small issues (ex. broken blinds, waste basket lid, etc.) The television did also not work properly.

Despite that, the room was relatively clean with comfortable beds. The air conditioning worked great, and I was able to get the room very cold in only about 30 minutes.

The breakfast was probably the least pleasant part of my stay. The buffet-style meal included an assortment of fruits, extremely dry pastries, meats, crackers, and breads. There was cereal but no milk or bowls. Later in the week there was an omelette bar, which was one of the few items that I would recommend.

Note that the outlets only have two prongs, which prevented me from charging my laptop inside my room. There is a computer in the lobby which can be used if you buy an internet card, but it wasn't working at the time of my visit. Like what you should expect in Cuba, there is no wireless internet.

Room tip: Some rooms have views of the Ministry of Agriculture (across the street), while others look out across a residential area or busy road.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Alexandre1998
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Hotel Bella Habana is very basic in all aspects. I honestly was not expecting much and was almost forced to stay here as it was the only hotel in Havana with availability.
I don't know who this hotel is geared towards but its not for the typical traveler/tourist.
To begin with its located in a part of Havana that doesn't have much going on as far as sights,cafes,and other attractions go. The revolution plaza was the nearest attraction at 10 minutes walking distance.
The staff and service varied from Mediocre to non existent. When I arrived they claimed that my reservation had not been prepaid and wanted to charge me their last minute walk up rate. Luckily I had my cellphone and was able to call my agency so they could explain that I did intact pre-pay.
The Hotel had no working phones or internet so confirming anything was nearly impossible.
The hotel lobby was dark, stuffy and had all its seats occupied by hotel employees simply chatting away among themselves.
The only nice aspect of the room was that it was large and clean. Everything else was a mess. It had a bad moldy odor, no safety box, no hot water, sheets were stained. The AC was loud and leaked. The toilet did not flush. No phone in room forcing you to the lobby any time you needed anything.
The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything going on in other rooms.
They offered buffet style breakfast which was OK but fairly limited on most days. Hotel had a small bar which never had any staff to take your order and the few times they did it was not friendly.
Most hotel staff would roll their eyes anytime you requested any sort of service. They acted as if they were doing you a favor.
I know they is considered a budget hotel, but it doesn't mean you can't offer friendly helpful service.

Room tip: Elevator is slow or non working. Best to stay on lower levels if you mind stairs
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank YogiJuancarlos
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Avoid it...I'm cuban and when i sow the room just run away and got me a casa particular in the neighborhood. we came the next day for breakfast... the restaurant was full of flies, my wife wanted some tea but the water tasted like coffee. Curtains are black of dust, the toilet was dirty and the air conditions are placed one over the other and the drops the hole time, so you can't sleep.
The person who said that this place is clean must be a PIG.

Room tip: Do not go there
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Michel A
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely nothing to recommend it. Dirty and unpleasant in every way and most taxi drivers don't know where it is. The so called cafe staffed by incompetent, disinterested people was the worst we encountered in Cuba. An excellent example of the worst Cuba has to offer.

Date of stay: July 2016