See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Hotel Bella Habana is very basic in all aspects. I honestly was not expecting much and was almost forced to stay here as it was the only hotel in Havana with availability.
I don't know who this hotel is geared towards but its not for the typical traveler/tourist.
To begin with its located in a part of Havana that doesn't have much going on as far as sights,cafes,and other attractions go. The revolution plaza was the nearest attraction at 10 minutes walking distance.
The staff and service varied from Mediocre to non existent. When I arrived they claimed that my reservation had not been prepaid and wanted to charge me their last minute walk up rate. Luckily I had my cellphone and was able to call my agency so they could explain that I did intact pre-pay.
The Hotel had no working phones or internet so confirming anything was nearly impossible.
The hotel lobby was dark, stuffy and had all its seats occupied by hotel employees simply chatting away among themselves.
The only nice aspect of the room was that it was large and clean. Everything else was a mess. It had a bad moldy odor, no safety box, no hot water, sheets were stained. The AC was loud and leaked. The toilet did not flush. No phone in room forcing you to the lobby any time you needed anything.
The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything going on in other rooms.
They offered buffet style breakfast which was OK but fairly limited on most days. Hotel had a small bar which never had any staff to take your order and the few times they did it was not friendly.
Most hotel staff would roll their eyes anytime you requested any sort of service. They acted as if they were doing you a favor.
I know they is considered a budget hotel, but it doesn't mean you can't offer friendly helpful service.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow or non working. Best to stay on lower levels if you mind stairs
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank YogiJuancarlos
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Avoid it...I'm cuban and when i sow the room just run away and got me a casa particular in the neighborhood. we came the next day for breakfast... the restaurant was full of flies, my wife wanted some tea but the water tasted like coffee. Curtains are black of dust, the toilet was dirty and the air conditions are placed one over the other and the drops the hole time, so you can't sleep.
The person who said that this place is clean must be a PIG.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Michel A
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely nothing to recommend it. Dirty and unpleasant in every way and most taxi drivers don't know where it is. The so called cafe staffed by incompetent, disinterested people was the worst we encountered in Cuba. An excellent example of the worst Cuba has to offer.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Hgoodface
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I read the reviews before I got here and I was SO nervous that this place was going to be a dump and that I'd want to immediately get a new hotel but I believe the reviews are not entirely accurate.
First off, this hotel is a smaller hotel but it is pleasant. The workers are very sweet and try to keep everything very clean. This is obviously not a 5 star hotel but it is decent enough to stay in for a week. We did have an opening in our window that I hated because I just really don't like bugs coming in where I sleep but I didn't see a bug all week! The amenities are basic but everything is there that you would need.
I loved Cuba and I do recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to save some money and get a more Cuban experience.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
8  Thank Carson T
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived within 15 minutes from the airport and check-in for our large group was fast and friendly.

There's a fun bar just off the lobby, and a convenient store and even a "club" where locals come to dance. I went there very EARLY every morning for the amazing Cuban coffee. There's a full-service restaurant and guests get the comprehensive breakfast buffet that boasts all the food of the island including an omelette bar!

The place is somewhat tired but renovations were underway. The staff here is exceptional and always so eager to please.

It's not the Ritz--it's a Soviet-era place from the 1960s. But the beds were comfortable, the AC was cold and if you took a shower early enough, the water hot. Full cable where you can watch in Spanish or even English.

I loved the Hotel Bella Habana and would return for a stay in a heartbeat.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business