See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely nothing to recommend it. Dirty and unpleasant in every way and most taxi drivers don't know where it is. The so called cafe staffed by incompetent, disinterested people was the worst we encountered in Cuba. An excellent example of the worst Cuba has to offer.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Hgoodface
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I read the reviews before I got here and I was SO nervous that this place was going to be a dump and that I'd want to immediately get a new hotel but I believe the reviews are not entirely accurate.
First off, this hotel is a smaller hotel but it is pleasant. The workers are very sweet and try to keep everything very clean. This is obviously not a 5 star hotel but it is decent enough to stay in for a week. We did have an opening in our window that I hated because I just really don't like bugs coming in where I sleep but I didn't see a bug all week! The amenities are basic but everything is there that you would need.
I loved Cuba and I do recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to save some money and get a more Cuban experience.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank carsont783
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived within 15 minutes from the airport and check-in for our large group was fast and friendly.

There's a fun bar just off the lobby, and a convenient store and even a "club" where locals come to dance. I went there very EARLY every morning for the amazing Cuban coffee. There's a full-service restaurant and guests get the comprehensive breakfast buffet that boasts all the food of the island including an omelette bar!

The place is somewhat tired but renovations were underway. The staff here is exceptional and always so eager to please.

It's not the Ritz--it's a Soviet-era place from the 1960s. But the beds were comfortable, the AC was cold and if you took a shower early enough, the water hot. Full cable where you can watch in Spanish or even English.

I loved the Hotel Bella Habana and would return for a stay in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
7  Thank Rsmerk02
Reviewed 17 April 2016

Just letting you know if you'll get any offer for this hotel,pls don't go there.We had really bad experience and had to leave to another hotel after waiting more than 3hours to get our room key.Customer service was absolutely not proffesional

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 10 April 2016

For our extended stay in Havana this hotel was conveniently located. It is also across from the Ministry of Agriculture. Most taxi drivers knew how to get us back there after our nights out. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Our room always tidied and inviting when we returned. The lobby is very spacious which was to our advantage as we were a large group. We also had access to a meeting room and cable TV. A substantial breakfast with an island flavour came with our accommodations.
The drawbacks included bugs which required constant spraying and the hotel was in the middle of a face lift. However, enjoyed my stay.

Room tip: Our room was spacious and quiet and had a large waiting area. Some members of our group were not as lucky but were re accommodated.
Date of stay: February 2016