Lowest prices for your stay
US$71
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$71
Orbitz.comUS$71
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I had the opportunity to stay at this place. I did not know the owner, but was recommended by one of her neighbors. I had a delightful time there. I used to live on a 7th floor in the city. So, the breeze (sometimes wicket winds), the light, the avenue noises and the comfort of the place makes me feel at home. It is a Casa Particular, so it is privately owned by an individual and it is authorized to be rented and taxed by the government. The place has a bedroom close to the corner of the apartment facing Calle 19 and I was in this one. It shares a full bathroom with the contiguous bedroom while the last bedroom is behind the kitchen with an independent full bathroom. All bedrooms have air conditioning, which it is not necessary in January. It is very clean and you have access to the kitchen and other common areas of the apartment. The elevator works so it leaves you at the apartment door for which you have a key. It also have access through a service stairs... Right now it should have a brand new elevator. The owner, Maria Eugenia is a wonderful person who accommodates you and helps answering all your questions. There is a person (a very efficient one. Her name is Miriam) who prepares breakfast if you request it the day before. Affordable (5 CUCs each), well done ( a variety of fruits depending on the season are available... and those are my favorite) and well presented.
I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to go to Havana and find its treasures by foot or taxi... This is a very safe neighborhood and the apartment is very independent...Check out the pictures...

Room tip: The whole apartment is sunny... Any of the rooms are good. Mine had a very good bed.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Together with some friends I spent New year and some more days in Havana. Our travel agency had booked Casa Esther, and we are so happy and grateful to have come to this wonderful Casa Particular! Esther was the perfect host and the others in the staff were the most lovely and helpful persons! My warmest recommendations !

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

La Casa de Esther was our first stop in Kuba. Oficially it's a casa particular but compared to other casas it felt more like a Bed & Breakfast. The staff was super helpful and made sure we were happy. Breakfast was nicely prepared. The rooms are cozy and have a lot of charm but ours was quite dark.
It is located close to Malecon and you get a feeling of the real Habana since it isn't in the downtown area but close to it.
We were here in low season and it was a bit pricier than other casas we stayed in.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank AnniCatti
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We've been at La casa de Esther for a couple of nights only but we felt like home since we arrived. The Team was great, very kind, extremely helpful and patient to answer to our hundreds of questions and helped us out to find another accommodation in a different city. The breakfast was very good, huge and was amazingly served in the terrace full of plants and bonsai trees. The room where we stayed in was clean, nice and tidy and big enough to contain 4 single beds in two levels. Is definitely a Place to stay over if you're heading to La Havana

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pamprulla
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Casa Esther is a wonderful boutique style hotel right in central Havana. The room was nicely decorated and had all necessary amenities including WIFI (something rare in Havana). Esther and her new assistant were sweet and very helpful from the moment I arrived. I highly recommend it !
Michael