See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Gonzalo and Thomas looked after us really week during our stay in Havana. Always helpful and gave us great recommendations. Very polite and friendly. Great customer service.

My family member often had a few too many runs and Gonzalo made sure he was ok. Above and beyond.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Babaloo71
Management response:Responded 17 April 2017

Dear guest:
Thanks for your visit and for taking some of your time to evaluate our Hotel with such warm and kind words on Tripadvisor also thanks for your words of praise for our staff, rooms and Hotel in general. Thank you for kindness to recomend our Hotel to other potential guests
It was special for us to appreciate that your expectations were met; if possible we would like to know in advance about future visits, our staff will be waiting with the love and affection that you deserve.
We wish you success in your personal and professional life. You will always be welcome!
Best regards,
Manager
Park View Hotel

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I arrived here prior in the early afternoon (check in not til 4pm) so was able to leave my luggage with the desk.
Is a decent location, a few blocks walk from the old-town and near Central Park Hotel and various bars/restaurants.
The rooms (and hotel generally) were quite basic, the room view was of the next building, but good shower, plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was simple, with fruit, eggs etc. I'd recommend paying the couple of extra pesos for the nice coffee!!
Overall a good place to stay for a night or so while you find your feet in the great place!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElleMF
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I wasn't expecting much in regards to lodging after researching hotels in Havana. I wasn't able to get into another hotel for our first night in Havana, so made reservations here through Cuba Travel Network. The location is very good -- located along the Prado, however, the hotel itself was dismal. Our room was similar to that from a Jason Bourne movie where he's hiding from the police and dying his hair. The lights hummed and were very dim. The bathroom sink leaked along the floor, as did the ceiling in the bathroom. There was mold in the bathroom and I was a bit nervous to sleep in the bed. The front desk staff was friendly, however. We checked into the Hotel Sevilla the following night and were supposed to stay our last night at Park View but I couldn't bear to go back. We paid a premium to stay at the Sevilla our last night, but it was worth both the cost of the room and the loss of the money we paid upfront to stay at the Park View. I wouldn't go back, it was very disappointing but not unlike the reviews on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny907
Management response:Responded 7 March 2017

First of all we thank you for taking the time to comment.
We appreciate your valuable comments and considerations.
We are working this year to eliminate all our difficulties and problems so as to return a few months to improve our relation quality price.
Reiterated thanks and hope that the less your visits to our city will be repeated soon

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I don't mind staying in a run down hotel if I am paying run down prices. However, this hotel was very expensive and the cost did not match the service.
We had no hot water for 2 days and had to move rooms because the maintenance man didn't manage to fix it. The second room was so small that we couldn't put our suitcases anywhere and had to clamber over them to move around. There was also a leak in the bathroom ceiling and the bath felt like it was about to give way when standing in it. The decor was incredibly old and scruffy and I sneezed a lot because of the dust in the scatter pillows.
In both the rooms we stayed in, our "double" room had two single beds with a side table in between. In order to make a double bed we had to move the furniture around and push the beds together. I know this isn't necessary, but if you are on a holiday in the Caribbean with your husband,you don't really want to stay in separate beds.
After moving rooms because of the hot water problem, we returned from a day out to find that the cleaners had already moved the beds for us because they knew that is how we preferred it. They also made us smile by sculpturing a towel in the shape of a heart and leaving a small note in broken English welcoming us to the hotel. After that, every time we came back from a day out in Havana we found a swan or heart made out of towels and they became more elaborate and bigger as the days went on. The sculptures made us laugh after a tiring day walking around Havana.
I would have given this hotel one star, but most of the staff were friendly and the cleaners made a really bad hotel more bearable.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Twiglet78
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Like many of the hotels in Cuba, this is an older building and pretty standard for a Cuban hotel. It is not very modern. The building is about 7 stories high. It’s a pretty close walk to main attractions like the Capital in central Havana. The rooms were very clean and had air conditioning. The water in the shower does not get hotter than 50 degrees. The rooms are not very brightly lit. I was okay, but another guest complained that the room was too dark for her and she would have preferred more light to read. The curtains are very old and heavy and block out a lot of light when closed, so this adds to the darkness of the room. The bedspread and pillows are very old and could stand to be replaced. The throw pillows gave off a musty odor and the one of my sleeping pillows had an absolutely musty smell and also smelled like a previous guest(s) had drooled in the pillow. The pillow case was clean, but the actually pillow inside the case is what smelled bad. I wound up sleeping with a rolled up towel as a pillow. The sheets were also clean. The room has a mini bar with bottled water for about $1 CUC per bottle. You can also get a bottle of rum from your mini bar for about $7.00 CUC.
They do have a bar in the lobby and a restaurant on the 7th floor. The food was fresh and of good quality. Breakfast is included in your stay and they offer a variety of pastries, cereal, fruit and a hot buffet. I prepaid $200 US before my arrival via Cuba Travel Services. The bellman and the housekeeper are very friendly. There was some active construction going on directly across the street and it will be interesting to see what they put there, but do watch out, especially at night when getting in and out of taxis, because sometimes the street is very muddy from the construction debris across the street.

Also, be prepared for wifi not to work. I had a wifi card, but the hotel's connection was crappy so I wasted $2.00 trying to connect and could not.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo