See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2016

The standard of this hotel was pritty good and service was excellant. Really nice breakfast
Price was a pit high and would not go back to Cuba again for that reason. Better value for money places round the world to travel to and a lot easier to get to.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank 280brianz
Reviewed 30 October 2016

The hotel is a bit away from the city center in a nice quiet residential area. The pool is the community pool, so I had the opportunity to enjoy meeting the locals. The open air dining room offers serene breakfast time with sunrise just over the railing. Food was fresh and plentiful.The cafe is deliciously Cuban. To those who don't speak Spanish, bosque means forest and it's an appropriate name for this sweet little hotel. Yes, the elevator is quirky and hot water more luke warm but in the summer this is a gift after a long day. The staff more than make up for these minor wrinkles. The rooms were clean and the AC very cold. The special attention given by the houekeeping reflects that famous Cuban hospitality. I had no problem getting internet cards or any other request filled by the front desk. They were wonderful. There's a little neighborhood palidar just down the street as well.

Room tip: Higher, rear rooms have best views
Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank TravelerFromParadise
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I had the absolute pleasure and honor of staying at Hotel El Bosque this past summer on a study abroad trip. There I made good friends with the staff like our server Yuliet and our maid Yudina. The open-air lobby was beautiful to walk into at night. The view from the roof is BREATHTAKING. You can see all of downtown Havana. We spent many a night playing music and talking up there.
Hotel El Bosque provided man opportunities to learn from the Cuban culture and people. All of the staff are very warm, welcoming, and actually want to talk to you about themselves and their country. The hotel itself is beautiful and has a wonderful old-fashioned feel. It might get a little hot sometimes, but that's thanks to Cuba's tropical climate. Thankfully, there's air conditioning in all of the rooms!
I can't say thank you enough to the hotel for our great stay here. Good food, nice people, great sleep. What more do you need?

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Blake B
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I stayed at this hotel with a group of 15 for a 3 week study abroad experience. I have traveled throughout Latin America and I can say with all sincerity that this hotel is one of the most comfortable and welcoming I have encountered. My room was in great condition and my maid service - Yulia - was excellent. She made swans, turtles and hearts out of my towels every day and left the bed covers in lovely shapes that made my welcome "home" extremely nice. Air-conditioning was always cool, shower and bathroom were always clean and working with hot water. The wait staff are extremely friendly - Yuliet, Annie, Dayana, Pavel, Alain, Marcos and all of the staff are very friendly especially if you smile and are friendly back. Morning coffee is a little weak but great espressos and cappuccinos are cheap and quickly served. Breakfast buffet is plentiful and varied. Front desk staff - Boris, Jorge, Mylady and others are friendly and helpful. They are extremely helpful with restaurant advice, directions, wifi cards, how to purchase phone recharges, etc. You name it, they have an answer. The security staff are also wonderful. Rigoberto and Alexander are two gentlemen who assisted me multiple times with questions about taxis and getting assistance to go to the nearby clinic or pharmacy. I am very happy to say I have plans to return to El Bosque next year.

Room tip: Rooms facing the back side have lovely, lush, tropical views and terraces.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank tcastillo03
Reviewed 18 July 2016

So I'm a first time visitor to Cuba, so have nothing to compare with. Here's my evaluation:
Checkin was fast. People who shared a room had only one key. Air conditioning was window units, but worked. It was noisy, and the last few nights there was a klunky fan noise that made it worse. Maid service was good, though one of our group said she had an internet card taken from her room. There was no hot water during my entire week-long stay. Breakfast each morning included fresh fruit and juice (good) and other breakfast food. It was usually a buffet, and nothing was done about the flies that gathered. The last day the mango was just crawling with bugs. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and functional (except for the aforementioned lack of hot water). Desk staff was prompt and helpful.

Room tip: I had a room at the back with a lovely view.
Date of stay: July 2016