Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
US$302
View deal
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$218
View deal
Free cancellation until 26/08/22
Destinia.com
Lol.travel
Hurb
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Palco for the Baile en Cuba congress, I was happy with everything at the hotel. This wasn’t my first trip to Cuba so I always adjust my expectations, so Hotel Palco was a pleasant surprise. My room was spacious and clean, I had hot water every day, my bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet and I slept well. My safe didn’t work but the hotel front desk promptly sent a repair staff to fix it. When it couldn’t be fixed, they were going to move me to another room but I had already unpacked for 6 nights so I didn’t bother changing rooms. The hotel staff were all friendly and very helpful. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the Salsa congress which was perfect. The WiFi in the lobby and bar was fast, perfect we didn’t have to leave the hotel. We ended up eating many meals at the hotel. If I could say one thing, would have preferred more Cuban dishes such as ropa viaja on the dinner menu. Thank you Palco!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank vancdngrl
Reviewed 28 July 2017

A BIG mistake…..couldn’t wait to go to the airport....so much so that I was at the airport 5 hours before my flight at 2.am!!
Once upon a time this may have been a good hotel but today it is dirty, neglected, uncomfortable and overpriced.
The staff were rude unhelpful and made me feel like I was interrupting something very much more important.

Room tip: Stay at a different hotel!
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Marie738
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We travelled for 3 weeks between Toronto and various parts of Cuba. We had great accommodation until we stayed at the Palco which was the most expensive of our accommodation, would not recommend this hotel, better in Havana and a better price.

Room tip: Don't stay.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LesD890
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I stayed at the Hotel Palco for 2 weeks and found it had comfortable rooms and a delicious breakfast. The pool was beautiful and I had dinner often in the pool side little restaurant. My only complaint was that the paid internet available was only in the lobby which was often times dark, hot, and smoky.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank christineg j
Reviewed 31 May 2017

This Hotel was a last minute reservation.
Had a group of 30 rooms canceled by an incompetent Groups department at another Hotel chain in Havana and had to find 30 rooms for over 48 people traveling within 24 hour to Cuba.

First the GOOD..
The front desk and groups manager representative were more than welcoming and immediately gave me a tour of the facilities. also provided rooms for me to view and inspect. They are a Hotel connected to Havana convention center to they are very knowledgeable at handling groups. The front desk staff immediately found and locked-in the 30 rooms needed and then proceeded to manually enter all the room names of the group. By the time i was leaving the facilities all names were in the system and the rooms were all waiting for the groups arrival.
This front desk Staff GET a 5 Star for efficiency.
The rooms were nice size and air conditioned.
The Chef was called to let them know athletes were coming and he immediately offered to meet with me to make sure they could accommodate any dietary needs.
So Restaurant Staff 5 STAR.
The hotel has a very nice 2 level pool one level is for small children and families and the second is a regular pool. All clean and very nice.
The food at the buffet was very nice. Great variety and special needs were personally attended by the Kitchen Captain.
The Hotel Bar and snacks is open 24 hours!
The Hotel Room attendants cleaned the rooms very well and were respectful of our contents. 5 Star for them!

The not so good...
The hotel is located further away form Downtown Havana. It is a 20 minute taxi ride or a 30 minute tour bus ride(tour buses cannot take 5th avenue so lots of back roads)
The hotel is classifies a 4 Star but in US standards is closer to a 2 1/2 to 3 star hotel.
The rooms are nice but the beds are a little tired.
Some of the rooms the wood in the closet or dressers were very worn out but clean.
The internet is only available in the hotel lobby not in the rooms.
There is no air conditioning in the lobby area nor restaurants.

So in summary.
This hotel is definitely a great deal for the price. Go with your eyes wide open about the hotel age and facilities age. The Staff will make up for the lack of modern facilities. The Groups TEAM get a A+++

Date of stay: May 2017