4,020 results
All reviews havana cafe poolside restaurant old havana breakfast buffet cigar lounge very nice hotel free shuttle pool area is lovely pool concierge service five star hotel the hotel offers el malecon mini bar live music junior suite bottled water
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

It was more than great to be in Cuba.
Here to stay in Melisa Covina was the perfect choice. We had a very nice holiday with Melia Cohiba stuff in Havana.
Here l will share my experience which is normally a bad experience but because of the waiters in Melia Cohiba it was a nice experience. Let me tell you:
We had dinner in the Italian restaurant of the hotel. After turning back our room l took shower and realised that my cross bag is not with me. All our passports and the cash moneys were in it. Almost 45 minutes later than l forget my bag in restaurant ; l went again to ask if it is still there. When l entered the restaurant, waiter smiled and call me. Since l do not know Spanish, and he did not know English we managed to understand each of us with body languages. He gave me my bag. I was very happy bcs next morning we flied back to Istanbul. I do not want to imagine what type of trouble l would have without having passport with me and money
Here l would like to ask them to accept my millions thanks to this gentlemen in the Italian Restaurant. Thank you very much.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aylindeyneli
MeliaCohiba, Director General at Melia Cohiba, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear aylin,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Havana and for taking a few minutes of your time to share your experience in our Hotel with the users of the Tripadvisor community.

We are happy to know that despite the forgetfulness of her purse in La Piazza restaurant, your final experience was positive because our waiters helped your recover her belongings.

Rest assured that we will publicly give our staff of the Piazza your thanks for such a genuine gesture of professionalism and attention to our guest.

We hope you return to Melia Cohiba, where you and your family will always be well safeguarded, it will be a pleasure to offer you a memorable stay.

Until then I send you a warm greeting from all our staff,

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Myself my wife and 2 children, 5 & 7, went for a weekend visit at the end of our holiday in Cuba.

If i’d of known this was more of a business hotel I would not of booked here.

We felt like we were being stared at the whole time we were there, I checked in and my god, I thought you were supposed to be welcomed by a smile, no chance!!!

My 5 year old was spoken to for climbing on a chair by the security guard, he is 5!!!

When by the pool we felt we had tell our boys to be quiet constantly, not relaxing at all. When sitting down for lunch we never had anyone come over, yet everyone else was getting served, I had to get up and get there attention every time. Poor service and once again, it wouldn’t hurt to smile .

But the bit I find amazing is that I spent over £250 staying here and there was no complimentary water or coffee! Every hotel I have ever been to in my 39 years has given complimentary coffee and water. We had to walk across to the mini mart to get water as it was 200% cheaper!!

The rooms were ok, the beds, wow, felt like they have not been replaced since it opened. They were like sleeping on a wooden boards.

A positive, the breakfast but once again spoilt by the service, the staff were miserable! Either they are over worked or just don’t like working there.

Overall, it put a bit of a downer on the end of our holiday.

We won’t be staying there again, a shame as we stayed at a melia in the Dominican and that was amazing.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
MeliaCohiba, Director General at Melia Cohiba, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Gareth,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Havana, at the same time we tell you that it is a pity to know about these incidents through Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that at least our rooms met your expectations.

We regret to know of the incidents that you said you had in our hotel when you is no longer here, it would have been opportune to inform us of these eventualities during your stay to take the measures that were necessary and ensure you had a happy end of your vacation in our Hotel.

Allow me to mention that we also offer coffee as a courtesy to our customers, it is one of the explanations that we give to the guests when they check in, however if you had the doubt it would have been appropriate to call the customer's attention, for sure that you would have received all the attention we provide to our customers.

Rest assured that we will analyze what happened whit the service of our staff and we will take the necessary measures so that this type of incident that your comments does not happen any more in our Hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused.

We hope you visit the Melia Cohiba on your next trip to Havana, it will be a pleasure to greet you and give you the best attention.

Until then I send you our warmest greetings,

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I find it funny how the manager is commenting on some of the complaints on this site saying “if we knew about the problem we would have fixed it immediately “. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS. As you can see from my photos, our room was leaking water from the ceiling quite badly. I called for the first time about this around 8:30 PM. No one came until after 9 PM, and my husband had to go to the front desk several times to even get someone to come and address the problem (we were in the Level rooms, which is supposedly an upgrade). They were pounding on the walls, they woke up our m 8 month old daughter, and kept requesting that we turn the AC on and off to try to fix the problem that way. When that didn’t work, the engineer explained that he had to suck the water out of the ceiling. Long story short, the cause of the leak was a pipe burst. The engineer explained to myself and my husband that it was not safe to stay in our room. However, for two hours the manager did nothing. He refused to move us to a new room or to refund any of the money for our troubles. It was almost 11pm by this point, and we had to leave the airport at 7 the following morning to catch our flight. My daughter had been awake for hours, people were in and out of our room, they were peeling the paint off the ceiling and trying to repair it. I had enough and demanded they move us immediately. They did move us eventually, but even the new room had a light that flickered on and off all night so none of us slept. I have been to over 40 countries and have never seen anything like this lack of customer service. I would recommend finding an airb&b. It is important to keep in mind that these are government employees. The Melia is 51% owned by the Cuban government, and 49% owned by a Spanish company. The employees here have no vested interest in your safety, comfort, or satisfaction as a customer. As of present, 25% of Cubans have found work in the private sector, and I would recommend supporting them by renting one of their homes. I very much regret my decision to stay at this hotel and I believe you will, too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Maura B
MeliaCohiba, Director General at Melia Cohiba, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Maura,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Havana and at the same time we regret the eventualities that you had in our Hotel.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay at our hotel due to the eventual breakdown of one of the pipes.

Rest assured that we have solved the problem as soon as possible and we have analyzed everything that happened step by step and we have taken the necessary measures so that this type of incident does not happen again in our hotel.

We hope you give us the opportunity of your visit on your next trip to Havana, it will be a pleasure to greet you and give you the best of attention.

Until then I send you our most sincere greetings,

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Had a nice stay here. The room was very nice, but let's say not the most comfortable. As other reviews say, the lobby is very warm....doesn't feel like the A/C works to well or just the heat and the constant opening and closing of the doors makes it warm. Other than that the lobby had lots of seating and two nice bars to hang out in. The checkin process was a bit long, you can change money here too. I would recommend bringing Euros instead of US $ you get a better exchange value! The room was spacious as well as the bathroom. The bed was VERY hard and the towels rough, but everything was clean and we got a nice bottle of rum from the management! The pool area was beautiful! If you want to be in Old Havana I would stay there. This location was nice for us and what were doing and our room had a beautiful ocean view! The door men were great and helped relay directions to taxi drivers if there was a language problem, which was very nice. The cost of a taxi from the airport here was $30.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Havana and for sharing your positive opinion about your experience with us in the Tripadvisor community.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, of our facilities, the services we provide to our clients, especially the help you received from our door man.

It is also good to know that our location met your expectations and also enjoyed the attractive views of the sea that can be seen from our Hotel.

We will analyze your comments and we will take the measures that are necessary so that these inconveniences that you have had in our Hotel do not happen again. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused.

We hope you choose the Melia Cohiba for your next stay in Havana, it will be a pleasure to make your stay a pleasant experience.

Until then I send you a warm greeting from all our staff.

Managing General

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Not a very good value at all. There is no a/c in the lobby so hanging out there is unbearable. The rooms were not clean and the mattresses not as comfortable as they should in a supposedly 4 or 5 star hotel. The pool area was old and run down, pool had wall and floor tiles missing and mold under the tiles and walls. They ran out of ice so the beer was hot. Overall I would rate this hotel a 2.5 star, never a 4 or 5 star.

2  Thank rauli477
MeliaCohiba, Director General at Melia Cohiba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear rauli477,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Havana, at the same time it is a pity to know your opinion through the Tripadvisor community.

Let me tell you that our Hotel is in a process of renovation and maintenance of our facilities with the aim of improving our image and continue in the preference of our guest.

If you had informed us during your stay about the inconvenience that you are commenting now, surely we would have resolved it immediately.

In any way we apologize for the inconveniences that we may have caused, we will analyze what could have happened and we will take the necessary measures so that it does not happen again.

We hope you visit the Melia Cohiba on your next trip to Havana. It will be a pleasure to greet you.

Until then I send you our most sincere greetings,