Melia Cohiba(Havana)
US$96
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbeautiful familyhabana viejarigocasascubamalecon
Reviewed 6 May 2016

If you are looking for an inexpensive family hotel with great hosts then this should be on your list of places to stay - Rigo and Raiza will happily take care of you and ensure you get the most out of your stay in Havana - they are centrally located and only metres away from the Malecon and a number of local restaurants, including my favourite, La California.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2016

First of all, we liked the house's location, closed to Havana Vieja and Centro.. And then... I can say I am very happy we met Rigo and he had place in his house for me and my 2 friends. The stay there was excellent. Not only the huge and tasty breakfast was one great point there, but also the stories Rigo told us while we were enjoying our time in La Havana were really interesting.
I would recommend this place if you would like to discover Cuba by its warm and enthusiastic people!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

We spent the first three nights of our two-week visit in Havana, as well as the last night before our flight back. Rigo's house was the first thing we saw in Cuba, and we must say the first impression was great! :) He is very well connected with the other casas around the island, and we strongly suggest you talk to him about you plan of visit. Rigo will honestly tell you the best and the worst places, and there's no money that can buy an honest local person's advice!

Our vacation in Cuba and the trip around the island would be much more difficult and unpredictable if it wasn't for Rigo and his recommendations, and that's two things you don't want your vacation to be.

Thanks Rigo for all the help and hope to see you again!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Rigo was a great host. He helped us find places to sleep at as we were a big group, told us what we could do, which bus we could take, indicated the good and bad places, where it was cheaper and more authentic... The neighbours were just as welcoming, the rooms were clean, the prices correct, the neighborhood agreable. All was perfect.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Before our trip to Cuba we made sure we had made our reservations at least in the major city of Habana as we were spending 3 weeks here for the New Year 2016. We exchanged several emails where he continued to write to me that my booking for 3 weeks for 2 people was indeed confirmed. The day we arrived in Cuba in Santiago, I also phoned him to introduce myself and to make sure that my booking was still confirmed. Then the day before we arrived in Havana I phoned to inform him of our time of arrival and he says that he doesn't know who I am and that he doesn't have a booking for me at all.
I would not recommend making any kind of bookings with this person. Very unreliable and abrupt as well.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple