Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2022

I was there for 7 days. There are positive and negative things

The Good

-friendly staff
-the beach
- The pool
- bar opened 24 hours
- shuttle to Havana
- You meet locals as 90% of the people at that hotel are Cubans

The Bad

-Hotel needs renovations as it’s very old
- No hot water before 9am
- Food was average at best . No variety. Everyday was the same
- dining room was full of flies . Flies walking all over the buffet
- Not many variety of drinks. Drinks are served in small plastic glasses
- I expected more from the entertainment
- TV didn’t work ( I didn’t complain as I didn’t travel to Cuba to watch TV )
- Mini bar fridge didn’t work
- The sink in the bathroom was leaking

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Toto2128
Reviewed 7 May 2022

I have been at this hotel a few times over the course of +30 years. I have always known that the buffet wasn't great but always got a decent meal at El Caribeño, the a la carte restaurant. This time, it was a disappointment, i made a reservation twice. the first time the fish was so salty that i though it was salted cod. one day there was balsamic vinager for the salad but not oil, The next day they had oil but not vinager. I asked for salt and they brough it in a plastic glass.
out of 15 days i only stay 3½ days. I came to havana, going back the last 2 days, just for the transfer to the airport
This was my first visit after covid. they still have some health measures that make the buffet even worse. You can't serve yourself so. many times, i got some food and i have to wait for a server to get some other items while the hot food was getting cold. Then at the table you have to wait for a waiter to bring you the cutlery. at one breakfast my omelette was so cold I couldn't eat it. I skipped lunch twice and got a ham and cheese sandwich at the pool.
to me the buffet is like a workers canteen. the food is not attractive although it tastes good, and limited variety. For the salad there is never dressing. The diluted yogurt with water; a server one day couldn't differentiate between yogurt and milk.
hot water was a miss. no glasses in the rooms and no place to buy bottled water
the good side: it is right at the beach, friendly staff. The rooms were clean and the beds nice and firm.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Julio M
Reviewed 28 February 2022

Such an awful hotel. Needs a lot of restauration. This is a one star hotel. Untasteful food with not much variation. The restaurant was like eating in a military cantin while the staff watched you so you did’nt steel or walk away with your coffe to the bar. The bar just served beer, rum and coffe. Everything in small plastic glasses which you could see thrown away all over the place including the beach.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Valkyria123
Reviewed 13 January 2022

Sure was a Cuban trip. Food was not great but staff and entertainment made up for it. Met a wonderful staff member there that I am still friends with 6 years later. Beach was good and we did a couple of tours that were fantastic. Got to love Cuba. Trip advisor would not let me go back so far but I had just realized I had not reviewed the resort. We are in the middle of Covid now, but it should be on a must do list. Havana is amazing.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 22 December 2021

I stayed here in December for two weeks. I had a superior room. My room was clean and the property is clean. As there are many shortages in Cuba the hotel ran out of basics such as milk or certain types of alcohol. This is typical of Cuba and expected. Not the hotel's fault. I found the staff at the hotel friendly. The beach is fantastic. Remember this is a 3-star hotel so don't expect lobster and seafood. I enjoyed my stay very much and would return. My only problem was the Covid testing. The hotel does not provide Covid testing for your return. You must go to Vedado in Havana and the wait is terrible. Very disorganized. I expected them to email me the results which they didn't and I had to pay $25 USD to take a taxi to Havana on the day I was leaving to pickup my result I know this is not the hotel's fault but please be aware of this. Remember this is Cuba and everything does not work the same as here in Canada or the United States. Overall I had a wonderful time and hope to return in the new year. Remember to talk to people and get tips regarding exchanging your dollars for Cuban pesos. They no longer use the convertible peso that was pegged to the American dollar. Our guide on the bus shuttle to the hotel gave us tips. Enjoy your stay and stay safe.

Room tip: Get a Superior room if possible.
Date of stay: December 2021