“For what it is, it's great!! Don't expect a 5 star because it's not.”
Review of Tropicoco Hotel

Tropicoco Hotel
Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Havana
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I always forget to write reviews on this hotel. I've been to Tropicoco 6 times and going again in October. The hotel is a bit run down and the food is okay at best sometimes (breakfast is absolutely the best meal of the day there) but the staff more than make up for this Hotel. I always travel here alone and meet my Cuban girlfriend in the lobby when I arrive. The front desk staff are fantastic and always try to get me a room with 1 big bed for my girlfriend and I. The shower and toilet functions great and the TV and fridge in the rooms are great for when you want to relax in your room after a long day at the beach. I've gotten to know some of the staff and always try to bring some presents or some treats like chocolate and cookies for them.

Down the street to the right is a fantastic little restaurant that serves great food and they've also gotten to know me when I show my face. Their prices are very reasonable and the quality of food is great. Even further down the street there is a nice little pizza place that makes fantastic pizza at amazing prices.

I can't say enough about the beach across the street. Beautiful white sand and clear waters. It's kilometers upon kilometers and natural beauty. The beach does get pretty crowded on the weekends because it is considered a public beach but it's patrolled by police.

Tropicoco has turned into my home away from home. I go twice a year to Cuba and always book at Tropicoco. I love the staff and some tourists that frequent as often as I do. I always have a great time at Tropicoco.

Tropicoco, I'll see you again the first week of October.

Room Tip: North side rooms face the beach. Try to get a room from the 4th floor up for the view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Kevbocat
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tropicoco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear client .
On name of all of the staff of Tropicoco hotel thank you very much for write us,
thank you for your preference , we are sure that at your return you will find in our Hotel Tropicoco the change of image that you and all of ours client wants ,because we are working very hard.
best regards

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Best time of my life I rented five rooms for family and friends , staff was very friendly I loved it there, Emilio the administrator was the best had the 5 rooms all together on the 6th floor, I just got back from cuba and I already want to go back, after the six days I went to centro Havana to deysi's place where I have stayed there and her house was excellent like before stayed there 5 days went to vinales Aldo her house and rooms are to me a five star stay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank chiqui101852

Dear customers .

Thank you for your comments, we are working very hard to satisfy our customers, when we receive opinions like these we feel we are getting it.
on behalf of the Tropicoco hotel management many thanks.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

To the environs of Havana city, nice place to be in the capital but not necessary in the busy city, just around 45 minutes to havana.
Located in the Santa Maria del Mar beach area and beside of the other famous beach the cuban people Bacuranao beach.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TurismTravel
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tropicoco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Client.
Thank you very much for yours comments
we are happy that you enjoyed your stay in ours Hotel and interchange yours experience with all of the visitors of Tripadvisor on name of the manager and all of the staff from Tropicoco hotel thank you very much
Best regards

Reviewed 4 June 2017

for me, its got a bed shower hot water all-inclusive Cuban food
beach is across the street lots of locals at the beach close small town
and 25 minutes into old Havana free bus from the hotel iv been her many of times
no issues with the staff the pool is kept clean lots of Cuban here on the weekends

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank holachica1
adrianmpg1988, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tropicoco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Hello from Tropicoco hotel .
We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay in ours Hotel on name of all the worker of Tropicoco hotel ,thank you very much for interchange yours experience with all of the visitors of Tripadvisor
bestr regards

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Spent seven days at the hotel. Chose the hotel because of its location - beach was just across the street. Beach was however quiet most times. Would have loved to have more music to dance to when not in the water. Hotel did not fall below my expectation of a two-star status. Though, it was all-inclusive, meal was neither special nor bad. Staff were friendly (from receptionist, to hotel securities, to restaurant/entertainment staff) except the DJ who refused to play a song I specifically requested. LOL (I didn't take it personal though) It was a "Sango" song (Afro-Cuban). Every other thing was good. I didn't mind the AC, natural air was good for me during the day, night time - the AC worked fine. One or two bed bugs, but who cares!...i killed one of them before it bit me. The other? left it to go tell the story to others who might be tempted to come. lol
As per tourist, met some amazing people who made my stay worthwhile! Ali especially, a grandfather who had a young heart - made us laugh out loud most of the time.
Free shuttle buses in the morning and evening to pick you to and from Havana, if you wanted to get to the old Havana. Taxis right in front of the hotel to take you to El Cubano bar at Guanabo if you feel like moving your body to some electrifying Spanish dance-hall songs. However, be aware of 'Chikas'.
Overall, I had a good time. Would go back again if opportune.

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank Oladiran O

Hello from Tropicoco hotel .

Thank for write us on name of Tropicoco hotel all your comments help us to make better ours services .
Best regards