Free cancellation until 26/07
US$56
    CasavanaCuba(Havana)
    • Bar/Lounge
    1,440 results
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 4 August 2017

If the stay in a hotel is important to you, then don't choose this one! The hotel is VERY old with bad rooms. We had no water in the room for few days and when you call for help they barely care for you. You have a "mini bar" but it's empty and no water to drink! No "essential" appliances in the room (kettle for example). The AC unit is very old and noisy. You can barely sleep. The bathroom sink was broken and water was leaking. The towels weren't always "clean". They do the bed in a very nice way but they don't clean anything in the room. You can see dust everywhere, the floor is dirty and insects/bugs will be sharing in the room (and the bed) with you. Staff shout in the hallway while working or talking on the phone (even at night time). The bedroom's door doesn't close without slamming it. You will change the card that open the door several times!! And at the reception, they don't mind telling you that you don't know how to use it while most of the guests were having the same problem!
    The breakfast was, overall, good with A LOT of bread. The staff there were friendly. The dishes, forks, knifes... need to be cleaned in a better way...
    The view on the roof is very nice.
    No AC units in the lobby so don't even think to spend some time there without sweating.
    This hotel is overrpriced for nothing. Don't get fooled by the 4 stars they put next to its name!! And don't get impressed by the huge, old lobby they have!!!
    It's really bad that an historical hotel like this doesn't have a good management (and it's managed by Gran Caribe 5 stars......).

PS I rated it 2 stars because I just enjoyed the breakfast!

Room Tip: I don't recommand any room in this property!
    • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
    6  Thank Hedddo
    Reviewed 2 August 2017

Excited about coming to Cuba are quickly extinguished upon arrival by the hotel letting us know there is NO WATER ... and that was just the beginning. Rooms, beds, bath room dirty and old very sad. Cuba has a long way to go to be the destination spot for us. We dont ask for me much, just some water to shower, go to the bathroom and once in a while clean the sheets and towels in the room. Going out onto the deck for breakfast was interesting also, food was just not good, and there were flies and birds eating at the food. Got to check Cuba off the "bucket list" but that is about it... i found myself asking many questions mostly "why?" is it this bad? Its so sad that a country and there government has allowed there people, buildings and cities to fall apart, and not do a single thing about it.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
    • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
    6  Thank John D
    Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

There were bugs on the bed . The balcony door was broken and it was half door. The room was smelly and the sheets were dirty . We alpready booked but we couldn't stay
    There for 5 min . We stayed at hotel libre.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    4  Thank puren a
    Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed in room 254 for two nights. The stay almost ruined my whole experience of Cuba. This is not a 4 star hotel!!
    Cockroaches and I suppose also other bugs eating the old rotten door frames into the bathroom. I could hear them all night. Really bad smell.
    Mold in the bathroom and an old bad bed with bedsheets not changed. No water at all when I arrived in my room.
    The safe did not work and the staff did not manage to repair it or replace it.
    OK breakfast and very nice door boys.
    I moved to a Casa Particular after two days, and it was as coming to another world. I will never come back to this hotel, and I will tell my travel agency to change hotel for their customers in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
    4  Thank Kjersti E
    Reviewed 12 July 2017

At first it seemed under avarage but at the end of our stay after three nights it was a nightmare. Because we were at a tour, we couldn't change our hotel. Elevator was always out of duty and the only way to the restaurant for breakfast and dinner was the emergenct stairways which some part ot it was outside the building. During our stay the breakfast and dinner menu did not changed .As a politics of the Cuba the hotels officers were also government officers and service was incredible bad. The most expensive toilet fee I've ever seen was at Cuba. It was 1CUC which is equal to 1 €

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
    • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends