Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately our flight came in late evening, so we choose a hotel with 24h reception. Was the worst experience of our trip.

Staff is friendly, rooms are clean - but it is not the All-Inclusive offer we expected.

The food was bad and so are the drinks. The pool was in poor condition.

There are many better options - not that expensive - around.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

After having 10 amazing days between Cayo Santa Maria and Varadero we decided to finish our vacation with 3 nights at the Acuario Resort at Marina Hemingway on Havana, despite of all the bad online reviews . What a surprise when we saw all the safety issues at the resort, beginning with the broken plastic drains of the pool where anybody can fall and broke a bone, then the potholes on the walkway through the resort, they was not capable to replace two triple A batteries for the TV, for my daughter to watch anything. On top of that when you when to the only restaurant at the resort(on there website they claim to have specialty restaurants includes on the all inclusive price), nobody introduced there self, is like been on a first come first serve cafeteria, if you want water or anything else you need to hunt the employees that are there talking each other and listening music, bud not taking care of the customer, if you ask for simple things like butter, natural juice, etc, always you get the same answer” Sorry but with don’t have in house, that is problem of the bosses(Food and Beverages manager or general managers), if you want to file a complaint ask for them. When I ask for them, they was not kind enough to come and took with m. Not all is bad employees at front desk do there self to help, services at the lobby bar where as expected, we have problems with the air conditioning of the rooms and the maintenance guys fixed and always was willing to help, I will not recommend this hotel to anyone because between the safety issues to the tourist and the lack of care from all the leadership of the hotel, this is a shame to Cubanacan who is one of the pioneers companies on Cuba. I will stay at this hotel until Monday, but if the PR department or any other manager of the hotel will want to give me and answer the can ask for my at reception. My name is Sandy Padron

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank zulima22
Reviewed 17 May 2019

Pretty bad service . Poor hygiene , water liking on the hallway, room dirty. No food choices. Staff at the bar with actitud when trying to get a beer. The pork at the restaurant was frozen. Lost my money

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Reviewed 15 March 2019

We spent two weeks at Club Acuario in February, 2019. It was a very good experience. We recommend upgrading to the junior suite, which proved to be a very spacious room with a huge king-sized bed, separate shower and separate washbasin/dressing room. It looked like it had been recently renovated. The elevator was working. There was a variety of food, and willing staff to prepare the omelets, meat, or pasta as you wished. There was always lots of fruit and vegetables and the ice cream was lovely. The staff were very obliging. Every night there was entertainment in the dining hall and by the pool. The pool was one of the largest we have seen and was always beautiful and clean. From Club Acuario was very easy access to Old Havana, either by free bus, bus tours or taxi. The canals held an assortment of boats and yachts. All in all a very positive experience.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank rngfooks
Reviewed 7 February 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night at the end of our trip as it was closer to the airport than downtown Havana. I don’t know how to say this politely, this was the worst hotel I have ever been to.

The good:
- They were happy to organise a taxi to the airport in the early hours of the morning for us
- The synchronized swimming show was actually quite impressive

The bad:
- We were taken to our room to discover the power was off and air conditioning didn’t work. The employee fixed the power but couldn’t solve the AC. We didn’t mind as it luckily wasn’t that hot.
- The balcony door didn’t lock
- There was a sanitary sticker from a bikini stuck to the bathroom door
- The shower had no light so I had to use my phone (in a waterproof case)
- The hotel probably has around 500 rooms, I think there couldn’t have been more than 15 people staying. Half the hotel lights were off and it looked abandoned with doors hanging off.
- The pool was dirty and full of plastic cups
- Only one or two of the staff speak any English
- The food was abysmal. The buffet salads looked like they’d been sat there for weeks. I took a couple of bites of bread and rice however my partner was brave and tried the meat. Unfortunately he suffered the consequences and was extremely ill for the duration of our flight home.
- We did see cockroaches. This sort of thing doesn’t bother me as it’s normal in warm countries but I know some people would be put off.

Honestly I wish I could be kinder but we stayed in a lovely air bnb in downtown Havana at the start of the trip and I wish we’d just gone back there.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple