Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Firstly, the positives.

It is a great location with lovely views and when we were there, it was very windy but did not feel the wind outside but the noise inside the room was often disturbing.

The staff are very helpful and amazing people. Bread rolls were greatbutter tasted good. I loved the yogurt drinks in the morning. Luckily, we liked the black bean sauce and that was the main choice for vegetarians. Tabasco is needed to add flavour.

The hotel offers a free shuttle bus about 4 times a day and drops you off outskirts of Havana where you can hop on an open deck tourist bus. All this is for free but be prepared to spend about 3 hours a day travelling on busses to get to Havana city and back to the hotel. It is about 10 km outskirts of the city and costs 25 cucs to get to from airports. You need to exchange money at the airport or the taxi will wait whilst you exchange at the hotel . Don’t rely on the 6 pm bus to get back from cecilia to the hotel! The bus 6 pm bus left early but the tour bus driver made sure someone was going to pick us up but had to wait in the dark and it was scary.

The timing of the buses meant we only had about 3.5 hours to spend in the centre of Havana and that was not the most efficient way to fully appreciate the city. There is no travel agent in The hotel so we had to go to another hotel to organise a Havana tour and transport to varadero. The reception staff were very helpful on advising the logistics and organising a taxi.

The room was basic with very tired looking furniture and sanitary wear. There was no water one morning , the toilets in the restaurant were just disgusting so avoid these at all costs. Public Toilet doors don’t lock but we found out that that’s is the norm in Cuba. Carry loo rolls whilst out and about. Loo paper can be wedged to keep the door closed and of course for its normal use.

Pool looked clean and we didn’t get a chance to use it.

Often had to wait long period for coffee to be refilled and hot water to be refilled. Staff extremely efficient at clearing the table but not efficient at refilling the thermos. Just awful. Food ok but limited choice. Even when asked, one had to wait for atleast 10 mins to hot water for tea and for coffee to be refilled in the flasks. This was my main complaint about the hotel and its lack of choice of food for vegetarians ( the latter seems to be norm for Cuba). Generally, food in Havana not that great but much better in varadero.

The plastic jugs had seen better days but that reflects the state of the country.

Cuba does not understand concept of vegetarianism. Vegetarian and fish cooked on same hot plates as meat and utensils including serving spoons and cooking utensils shared between meat and salads. I was not happy but had no choice.

If you want to relax by the pool all day long, hotel is ok but only just ok! but if you want to make most of your time in Havana, the hotel is not ideal and if you need a coffee or tea in the morning before you can function ,avoid this hotel.

Loo roll and a torch along with mosquito spray recommended for Cuba.

Apparently, soaps etc rationed so often in the country people often don’t have basics. Take spare toiletries eg razors, soaps, shower gels, tooth paste , pens , kiddies books to give away to staff. In varadero I left most of my toiletries and gave stuff to staff as well tipped staff who were particularly nice. We gave away mans clothes and shoes to gardeners who probably don’t get tips.

A much better experience In Varadero but that’s another review.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vina P
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The reviews never shy me away from going places because to me it's about my personal experience. This place was amazing like Cuba itself. The people are very nice, the service is outstanding, and they accommodate you in any way they can. Everything in Cuba is rather far, but Im from NY so that was no problem for me particularly. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service to get you to the extraordinary places in Cuba. The hotel is nice for the money and the services you receive it is very underpriced. They do not have a full bar or full a la carte, but what they offer is good enough to enjoy your stay on and off the resort. It very much worth the money but if you are a spoiled brat, this is not the hotel for you!

Room tip: Rooms closer to the pool are better lit and have more traffic but rooms further from the pool area are quieter.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Tempestt W
ConsueloAcuario, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Club Acuario, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Good morning Tempestt W. Thank you for writing your opinion. We feel very satisfied when our clients are happy with the services they receive in our hotel, that is our main objective. We hope you come back again, and once more you decide to stay with us.
Thank you and have a good day.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I went to this all inclusive hotel realizing that it is a three star hotel in Cuba. I went there for the cultural experience, not to be pampered. If you want to be pampered, pay double the money and go to a five star.
I found the people there very nice, I think you get in return the attitude you give. You want nice, give nice.
I took many day trips and some night trips, I feel safer there by a long shot than in my own city of Halifax.
The people around Havana are the greatest on the planet, I find they are so happy and want to be your amigo.
I gave the hotel a three star rating, because that's what it is. The staff get a five star. I always feel bad when I see someone complaining because they want more than what they paid for.
I go to Cuba every year, and I found this area the most genuine. If you want fake, go to the big fancy resorts, if you want real, this is your place.
I'm going back this year to see my friends, I can't wait.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank D906ZGrichardm

Good Morning Richard M. Thank you for writing your comment. We feel really satisfied with your opinion about our staff and services. That is our main objective, to make our guest feel like at home. We hope you return to Cuba again and once more stay in our hotel. You will be very welcome.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Holiday booked by a family member through a travel agency at this all inclusive hotel with a description like "Sea view and swimming pool". Well this is right, but do not expect to see white sand beach in front of the hotel. This is a marina for boats and the sea shore (about 1km away) is made of concrete blocs where empty beer bottles are florishing. Swimming pool is there too but very dirty due to the lack of good cleaning (I have seen plastic cups, plastic plates and cigarette buts left for days at some places). We feel the lack of enthousiasm from the staff who is barely smiling (despite some exceptions like a young guy at the bar and the concierge), they may be jaded by the situation too. Elevator is not working and you have to climb 3 floors if you have a room like we had, which is not convenient for ederly people. A lot of defects in the rooms (drainage system is surviving, air conditioning is noisy and windows sliding system is broken, bad odours...). Ask for a room with a safe as not all have one. In the restaurant, the napkins are not changed at every meal and are already dirty when you arrive, most of vegetables are not fresh ones (peas swimming in the citric juice from the boxes) and choice is limited. Extraction system not working, which means cooking smells on clothes and sometimes smog in the entire room. Internet is only in the lobby or swimming pool area when wifi network is working (more chances in the morning or late evening). You will have to buy a 1h connexion card (1.5 CUC) if they are available at the reception desk (they had no more cards the last day and a half). There may be a lot of reasons behind this bad management (lack of resources, parts, ...) but this did not make my holiday better, even if the public relations tried to please us by changing the room and offering a bottle of wine. The other surprise is that the hotel is 20kms away from the city center, which means at least 30mins in taxi (15-20 CUC) or 1 hour if you take the free bus offered by the national turism agency. I am afraid to say this is the 1st time I was happy to leave a holiday resort...Apart from this, La Habana is a great place to visit, do not miss the cabaret shows (either Parisien or Tropicana), and walking into the Habana vieja. Be careful of the jinederos in the streets, they will make you trust them and will give all sorts of tips to eat and buy cheaper stuff, these are often scams. "Tourists restaurants" recommended in the guides are very good.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Guilaume77
ConsueloAcuario, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Club Acuario, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

I am really sorry that you left with that opinion. I changed your room, for a better one on the first floor, and gave you a bottle of wine to try to compensate you, for all the inconvinients you had and tried to make you feel better. My apologies if I could not accomplish my goal. And thank you for writing.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

-Ok Pool
-Elevator broken during our whole visit
-Air-conditioning broke down for 24 hrs- no apology
-Cleaning was awful and terrible, we found cigarrette butt and feces in the toiletbowl - no apology
-Sewage water coming out from the bathroom floor drain - no apology and no one looked at the room
-Noisy disco until 2 am and during the day noisy *DJ* in Spanish
-My partner got a food poisoning from the food served in the buffet restaurant (alot of flies around the buffet food) - no apology
-We observed a quality controller coming to inspect the restaurant during our stay
-Attitude was horrible with the personnel working in the reception (not helpful, no one greets, no answer when we asked something, no apology for all mistakes the hotel did, no thank you from the staff, bad English, lazy staff in the restaurant but tiny better than reception)
-Only one towel to be used for both pool and shower in the room and was not possible to change during the day
-Drinks are horrible, do not try
-Cleaners were the most proffessional except the initial situation with the dirty room on our arrival
-Exterior cleaning: as nothing positive in it :we observed drinkglasses and other material untouched left for several days outside the rooms and sewage all around the pool bar area (where they served food 24 hrs) it smelled like crap...
-Our experience was disappointing and we wish to require a service recovery somekind! Do NOT invest your money on this place, we wish we could have this information before we booked it.
-Also, we like to mention the hotel is far way from the city and has a limited access to get easy to town.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula V
ConsueloAcuario, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Club Acuario, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Good morning. I just read your comment, and I would like to apologize for all the inconvinients you had during your stay. I have a question for you: Did you talk to any person in the hotel about the problems you had? Because no one came to me to tell me anything. I apologize once more. And I am looking forward to hear from you.
Have a good day.