I have stayed here many times over the past 10 years and keep coming back.
We've stayed downstairs, upstairs and in the penthouse (the place was overbooked so this was a complimentary upgrade, but I would book it again in a hart beat!). The pool is small but provides enough lounging spots for guests. We love eating breakfast on the terrace and watching the lizards and iguanas lounging in he garden.
There is AC in the bedrooms but not in the living/kitchen area but we've never missed it, here is always enough breeze to keep the place comfortable. The kitchen is supplied with all the items you need to make breakfast, lunch or dinner. The furniture has had its best days, but is fit for purpose. I love the books and magazines left behind by previous guests, there is always something unexpected to read. Parking is limited inside the gate, so be early or you have to park outside which really is no big deal.
Bonaire of course is divers paradise, and the small on-site dive shop associated with Buddy Dive is very convenient, just pop some tanks in the back of your truck and drive off. Rob is always helpful and has great suggestions for dives or just some good stories. Location cannot be beat - walking distance to town with its many restaurants and shops. There's so many choices that a week is simply not long enough.
Summarized, it's not an upscale 5 star resort, but cannot be more conveniently located with all the amenities you need. One of my favorite places to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments is located at the edge of downtown Kralendijk, the capital of Bonaire. It’s the only ‘petit’ resort in Bonaire on such an ideal location! With a Dive shop and office on premises, we can serve all your needs. Dive tanks and lockers are available 24/7. Our friendly and multi lingual staff is most willing to answer your questions and help you make it an unforgettable stay! All 13 apartments have a private porch or balcony with a spectacular views over the uninhabited island Klein Bonaire. Jump from the tropical garden into the pool or Caribbean sea or take a water taxi in front of the apartments to bring you to Klein Bonaire. Your comfortable one- or two-bedroom apartments have well equipped kitchens, cable TV (also with Dutch, American and South American channels!) A/C and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments Hotel Kralendijk
- Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments Kralendijk