I have been coming to the Divi Flamingo in Bonaire for 12 years now and while I have traveled all over the Caribbean and as far as Egypt, the Divi Dive operation and the convenience they offer is one of the best I’ve seen.
The Divi Dive operation is run on a tight schedule by the dive shop manager Serge. All divers first have to go through the dive orientation, Alvin does those a lot, to make sure all divers are aware of the rules of the marine park and of course the boat departure times. All boats leave in the morning at 8:30 AM for a two tank dive and a one tank dive in the afternoon at 2:00 PM. The dive staff at the Divi is fantastic, and a lot of them have been there for many, many years. Enrique can find pretty much anything you ask for, Orlando, Rofino, Laurel, Luis, Max, Ruud just to name some...... they are all great and always fun to have on the boats. The dive shop rents any equipment you may need, is knowledgeable and will assist you with any questions you may have
For those that prefer shore diving, I hear that Bonaire is one of the best in the world. Personally I prefer boat or dock dives, but we always see cars parked and divers coming in from the shore. Off the dock at the Divi is the Calabas reef which in itself is a very nice dive site, night diving there is the easiest around. Grab a tank and go. Tanks are conveniently located at the end of the pier where the lockers are. Make sure to bring your own lock for the lockers though. There are hangers in the locker to hang your wetsuits, it's nice not having to drag them to your room.
For the most part I've been staying in the studio rooms which are equipped with everything you need. A kitchen that includes a fridge, microwave, toaster oven, coffee machine, blender, pots and pans, etc. There are several stores within walking distance to get groceries and for the times you don't want to cook, plenty of restaurants can be found in walking distance as well. The studio rooms have a nice screened in porch, if you plan to hang your laundry, bring clothesline, pins and some hooks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino allows you to experience the simple pleasure of tropical life. Whether you want to lounge around all day by one of our two freshwater pools, test your luck in our on-site casino at night, relax with a massage in the on-site spa, or scuba dive and snorkel through the beautiful Caribbean ocean, our Bonaire resort offers a truly memorable experience for all ages. Divi Flamingo is colorful, laidback, and fun; our resort and casino serves as the perfect home base for divers and vacationers drawn to explore the unpretentious island and stunning waters surrounding Bonaire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Flamingo Beach Hotel Kralendijk
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort And Casino Bonaire/Kralendijk