“AquaSpace Semi Sub”

Aquaspace Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Aquaspace, a trimaran designed and builded in the beginning of the 80's by a famous french architect, Jacques Rougerie. Friend and co- worker of Jacques Cousteau. This unique vessel has a great history as of being used as center for marine biology studies durind the 80's. After coming to Bonaire it became a charter boat wich gives you a lot of variety. Sailing, snorkling, our sundecks and of course this incredible underwater observation deck.The Aquaspace... A little bit of everything!!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unfortunately, I cannot give this tour location any type of good rating. This was to be a very relaxing tour, glass bottom observation hull so that you can view the ocean marine life. The vessel is 30+ years old, the glass was in fact, plexiglass, that had seen its best days years ago. Only 15 minutes of viewing. We were to have time for snorkeling, but I was the only person in the water, this lasted 15 minutes, nothing left to do but sit on the antique sub for more than 2 hours, until our 3 hours tour ended. Upon getting out of the water, I fell on the slick aluminum body of the sub and bruised both legs, not good.

All reviews
"small group"
in 5 reviews
"coral reef"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved this excursion, especially learning the history of the boat! Staff was friendly, fun, and the snorkeling was absolutely spectacular!!! Highly recommend!!!! My husband and I will definitely do this again!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks to Andrè and Jonathon for a beautiful afternoon sailing on the Aquaspace, snorkeling and a fabulous sunset dinner. You treated us like family and we loved every minute of it!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm not one to repeat experiences when I travel, but I have visited Bonaire three times and made Aquaspace a part of every visit. The boat is interesting, the crew is gracious and the snorkeling is amazing! After snorkeling, look forward to beverages, spinach wraps, and wonderful ham and cheese on flat bread melted on the grill. The crew answers every question and makes everyone feel at home. I am looking forward to another return!