All reviews free wifi lawrence gap would stay here again dover beach air con beaches balcony kareoke guesthouse
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We spent a long weekend in this area to have a mini break without driving and found the Melbourne Inn was in an excellent location.

It was a very clean and comfortable room with a kitchenette which was ideal for our needs. The room had two double beds which were extremely comfortable.

Although located on the Gap we heard no noise from the bars, restaurants or revelers over the two night period.

The position of the hotel is ideal for catching the bus into Bridgetown, Crystal Waters, Oistens, The Boatyard to name a few places to visit.

The Melbourne Inn is a small family run hotel with few frills but is excellent value for money, staff are very pleasant and helpful and enjoyed our stay so much have already booked for another stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank agraves2015
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The booking for a place to stay in Barbados to experience my first cropover was a last minute and I would say it was bitter sweet. The room was definitely budget friendly $480 USD for 6 nights.

Positives:

1. It is located in St. Lawerence Gap which is an area you can walk to access the beaches,restaurants and to view other premeire hotels/guest houses.

2. Housekeeping is very friendly and is done every 2 days for fresh towels and sheets

3. There is a safety drawer for you to keep your priceless possessions so you do not have to keep them on you.

4. Great place to just lay your head for a very short time...not to lounge and relax and thank god it was cropover and we were hardly home.

5. Kitchen area is well equipped with stove, kitchen utensils, microwave and refrigerator which is a plus because right around the corner is a grocery store and do advise on cooking because Barbados food or cusine is not enticing.

Negatives

1. Plumbing seemed to be an issue with us, during showering the water seems to not drain fast enough and it almost 2 to inches in your filt. With regards to flushing,have to do an average of 3 to 5 times before everything is down.

2. The rooms are not sound proof and you can hear everything that happens in the halls and from your neighbours.

3. I knew I was going to be late for check in and took time to email the gueshouse our flight information and upon arrival to our room it was very warm...no air conditoning on.

4. They require you to turn off the fan,airconditioning and lights when you leave the room, I can understand this for lights and leaving for long durations. But it is reasonable for short periods in a hot country.

5. Our room is suppose to have a king size bed but on arrival it was 2 twin beds pushed together.

6. The veranda was a nice touch to the room but totally unuasable like it was never washed or wiped down. Chairs filled and caked with dust and bird droppings.

5. I do not suggest leaving doors open....the garbage situation at the guesthouse ia horrible... its at the front of the building and not sanitary meaning the bins are not covered nor in an enclosed area making it sess pool for fruit flies, cockroaches and rats. Also in the street there is not sanitary garbage collection.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michon S
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

A friend wanted to visit from the USA and was on a budget so I suggested close to my work place the staff was friendly the room was clean and ready on time, if you want a budget friendly place close to beaches and night clubs and a nice relaxing place then Melbourne Inn Guesthouse is the place for you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank stusteve1981
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I had been checking on Melbourne Inn since last year, but finally got the chance to stay there the last week of May 2017 for one week and I did not regret it. I always had a feeling I would enjoy this cozy little gem. I booked an upstairs room with a balcony but when I arrived it was being renovated so I was given a ground floor room that I actually ended up preferring - the upstairs rooms have the vaulted ceiling design and I found that on the one occasion that it rained hard early one morning, the sound was amplified but really nothing major to complain about. I loved the excellent customer service shown to me by all, loved the compact functionality of the in room kitchenettes and really loved the fact that even though it is a stone's throw away from the party central area of St. Lawrence Gap, noise was never an issue, in fact it was so quiet on the ground level for the first few days that I began to wonder if I was the only one checked in - that is until I was moved upstairs and heard a robust group of footballers staying down the hall, but even that worked out well, since I ended up attending Kareoke with the friendly group of Trini sportsmen Sun night on the Gap. Melbourne Inn is clean inside and out, secure and about a 10 min or less -depending on how fast you walk - to the bus stop with no hills to climb. With a convenience mart and many places to have breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and happy hour just around the corner, it's perfect base for a budget friendly place to camp out. One thing to take note of is the Gap is one of the preferred areas of local "vendors" (wares, "entertainment" - wink, wink, etc.) but they are discreet and not aggressive about it. Even late night when I awoke after midnight from trip lag, I felt safe meandering down St. Lawrence Gap (there are security cameras just like in major cities scattered around a top many a lamp post) in search of any kind of late night bites since I was a hungry as a horse and I found a stall where I bought a fish cutter (sandwich) and spring water for $13 Bds, considering it was 1am, I could not complain! All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend Melbourne Inn to family and friends and would stay there again any day. Thanks to the friendly staff who made me feel like a most valued guest.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank languageladyny
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I stayed at this inn last year and I had a great experience. The staff was very professional, accommodating and friendly. The room was clean and well maintained and the turn down service was appreciated. This inn is in a prime location in St. Lawrence Gap and is super close to amazing beaches and so many places to shop and dine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple