“Not a traditional restaurant, but the best burgers in Barbados!”
Review of The Masala Grill

The Masala Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Description: The Masala Grill's Indie-burger nite is ONLY on FRIDAY NIGHTS indie-Beef Masala Burgers Indie-Lamb Roghan Josh Burgers Indie-Fish Tazza Masala Burgers served with Masala Steak Cut Fries and a Garden Salad. Freshly blended Fruit Juices and Mango Lassi are also available... Grill fired up from 6:30pm until 11:30am, or till burgers last Indie-steak nite is ONLY on WEDNESDAY NIGHTS open from 6:30pm until 10:30pm menu 8 oz masala steaks or tandoori lamb rib chops or tazza masala fish served with either baked potato or masala steak cut fries alongside a grdensalad and garlic bread. on SATURDAY'S come for our indie-fusion nite choose selections from wednesday's and friday's menus open from 5:30pm until 10:30pm. The Masala Grill is a halal establishment.
Reviewed 26 August 2016

The burgers are thick, juicy, full of Indian fusion flavour, the right amount of char and a little too 'moreish' for my waistline! The lamb burger is my favourite, but I've enjoyed beef and fish burgers, beef steak, lamb ribs and grilled fish. All done to perfection, and with intricate flavour.
Nasim and his nephew are very welcoming; they provide a very informal and relaxed atmosphere. Not a traditional restaurant; all of the settings are outdoors; Friday and Saturday night are like a cookout, as you'll be in their front yard, but this quirkiness I think adds to the experience.
Oh, the mango lassi is divine and the fruit juices are all home made.

The Masala Grill moves around, with different locations on Wed, Frid and Saturday nights, and Sunday afternoons. Check their Facebook page for details.

1  Thank nomad_bb

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere and equally excellent food. It is not the conventional restaurant so if you are in need of four walls and all that, this isn't for you. It's an open air affair with courteous staff and excellent food...did I say that already? I guess it needs to be said twice.

There wasn't a large crowd when my family and I visited but that was probably due to the numerous amounts of Crop Over activities happening all over the island. However, that is what made the experience even better; no long waits to be seated and all that.

I had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten there and the Mango Lassi was heavenly. I will definitely visit again and again.

I will say though that parking is opposite the restaurant and I was a bit concerned what would happen if the rain fell heavily. However, I did not have to worry and everything went off without a hitch.

1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

After see the amazing photos of the food at Masala Grill on Facebook and the good reviews. I had to check it out myself and I was not disappointed. The lamb burger was nice, juicy, very flavourful and a decent size. The seasoned fries were nice also. Nice family business. A bit pricy,nothing but I think it was it's worth a try. I liked it and would definitely try it again.

1  Thank Kemar C
Reviewed 21 July 2016

So I've been to The Masala Grill a handful of times and each and every time I've been welcomed into the Masala family with open arms. They are the nicest and most friendliest people and Chefs Nasim and Khaalid are quite humble making the best meals you could ask for and juice master Farid makes the most amazing drinks and possibly the best Pina Coladas on the island ;). 11/10 rating. I truly enjoy every experience here.

2  Thank Liliya_Mark
Reviewed 23 June 2016

The Marsala Grill travels the south and west coast of Barbados depending on the night of the week you'll get different specialities from steak night on Wednesday to curry night Thursday and burgers on Friday, and then Sunday you're travelling around the world with a different region featured each week at Holders Farmers Market. Nasim, Khaalid and Farid (you do make the best fruit juices and virgin coladas) are cheerful and friendly and sorely missed as we now have too far to travel for our favourite tuna steak served seared and blue beef steak which also just happen to be the best value as well. We even trained them to give us vinegar with our chips!! But we will be back - just not sure when.

2  Thank Fiona B