12 people are viewing this hotel
US$833
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
US$833
Autograph
US$823
Expedia.comUS$833
PricelineUS$833
Trip.comUS$979
All reviews asian restaurant coffee shop adult pool seascape restaurant water taxi frozen grapes ocean front water sports ice cream manager kim family pool adults only section wraps the main hotel other hotels breakfast and lunch busy road
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2022 via mobile

Many thanks to Kim and staff for a great holiday. Special thanks to Jennifer and Valerie, in Seascape. Ryan, Brandon and Ashnai on front desk. The staff are great and do all they can to make you feel welcome and valued. It was 3 long years to wait and it doesn’t disappoint.
A couple of minor issues whilst we stayed but were actioned straight away.
Few things to mention
bring back Banks
Room
a little tired, hole in curtains, rubber plug in hand basin in place of pop up system as before, shower jet heads not working, and back of bathroom door needs re varnishing.
had an hour wait one evening between starter and receiving main meal by which time none of us wanted food. Same evening waitress was not rude but did her best to ignore us
Can someone please tell the cook that Lasagne should be made with a Ragu sauce not Bisto! Still interesting to have a cross between cottage pie and Lasagne!
They do have a veggie menu which is to be commended
The Asian restaurant is great but remember it has a Barbados spin on it!
Beach is great unfortunately some people abused the sun beds by reserving them before 7am but this was addressed
overall it was still a lovely time and met some lovely people and will return.
Hopefully with Marriott taking over the group they will have some money to refresh things.
Bring back Banks the beer of
The Tuck family

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank chris t
Shanette Price, Guest Services / Front Office at Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2022

Dear chris t,

Thank you for taking the time to review your past holiday with us. We are happy to know that your stay was an enjoyable and relaxing one and the staff so graciously took care of your needs. From your feedback we also saw that there were some areas that were below standard. We have highlighted each area, for follow-up with the respective departments and we shall do our utmost to make improvements. We wish to extend sincerest apologies on behalf of the team.

We thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2022

Overall, this was a very nice stay for my husband and myself. The staff are very polite and try hard to make the stay nice. I found the reviews helpful on here before our stay so I thought I would do the same and share my thoughts with you. From a sidewalk glance, this place seems to have it together. When we stayed there, I noticed some issues and began to take notes specifically for this review. If I were to change one thing, it would be for the managment to have a spirit of finding solutions rather than simply acknowledging the problems. For example (and I shared these with the management before we left), I read on here before we came that guests will occupy the beach lounge chairs and leave them unattended for much longer than 30 minutes. This is true. Guests complained and a printed letter was given to all the guests asking them (in short) to not reserve the lounge chairs if they were not using them. My husband and I found that we would have been very happy to simply have a place to put our beach bag. I suggested to the manager that a wall with hooks or cubbies be available because most of the time we only wanted to leave our items somewhere while we swam but not occupy a lounge chair. Another problem is the morning toaster. I know this seems like a small thing but I saw someone else here mention it and I know why now. The restaurant named Seascape has one large rolling toaster and it is placed in the corner where it is surrounded by 4-8 people who all are waiting for their bread to be toasted. It creates a crowd every morning. I suggested that they move the bread and toaster to another area. Bonus points if they could get two toasters!! Okay, this may come as a surprise to you, it certainly did me. They have a coffee shop named Kyma. This is their one and only coffee shop. IT IS NOT OPEN IN THE MORNING FOR COFFEE. Your room has a little coffee bar and there is coffee in Seascapes but it isn't available anywhere else. I made a suggestion to the manager that they open it in the morning or at least have an area where guest can come and get coffee for themselves in the morning without having to eat breakfast right away. This resort does use a computer at the front desk, tour area and in the spa but for the most part, everything is written down with pencil. This resort needs a professional to come in to help them streamline things. While this is an all inclusive resort and you can utilize the other hotels that are part of this family of hotels, breakfast, lunch and dinner all need to be pre-reserved every day even at this resort that you are rooming at. If the resort had a professional come in who could bring things up to the 21st century, we could book things ourselves on our phones. The resorts would also know how many people on average they could expect for each meal at each restaurant at any given time. We were given two free half hour spa treatment vouchers per person. My husband isn't into spa treatments but these vouchers are absolutely non transferrable so he couldn't give me his. Appointments are scarce and when I tried to book for myself, they acted like it was strange that I would want my half hour bookings back to back (ex: 30 minute pedicure then 30 minute massage). If I were to come back here, I would try to book my appointments at the spa shortly after arriving. We stayed 5 nights and came in to the spa on the second day and there were only a few appointments available. They were at inconvenient times for us. We never did end up getting any spa treatments. Upon arrival, someone asked within the first two minutes if we would like a drink. They made a nice suggestion but it literally took 30 minutes to get it. Drinks of any kind just take longer to get here. Coffee in the restaurant often took at least 10-15 minutes to arrive.
The dinner buffet at Seascapes was absolutely delicious. I would be happy if they would make this availble more. This was only available our first night. I imagine the chef is trying very hard to make food for everyone at Seascapes but one night it honestly took 1.5 hours for the main dish to arrive. The dinner at the asian restaurant is delicious but reservations were hard to get and the only remaining available reservations were late at about 8pm. The food at these restaurants was all very good. Another issue is that the staff at the front desks will answer the phones while guests are waiting at the desk to speak to them. They will also answer the phones mid conversation or mid booking. This is bothersome because the priority goes to the caller and not the person who is there standing in front of them. Literally, if a spot for a spa treatment or dinner reservation was available, it wouldn't be given to the person standing in front of them, it would go to the person on the phone. I found this to be super frustrating. They need to add one more staff person to answer the phones at the front desk and another person to answer the phones at the spa. We own our own boat and tubes so we did not use the ones at the beach but we made friends with couples who did. The boat captain will pull two tubes with one person in each tube. One set of friends thought the boat driver went too fast and pulled too rough and they hit heads while being pulled. They said they would not do this again. Another set of friends that we made also said the boat captain pulled them too fast and the wife hurt her knee while being pulled. I saw her limping the next two days. Someone else told me that the boat captain got mad at her for falling off the tube when she was being pulled around. I noticed that there were very few bugs around. Masks need to be worn much of the time still. My husband and I were very glad that we brought our own snorkle, mask and fins. Snorkeling was the highlight of my trip. If you want to simply hang out in the water, and you enjoy having something to float on, you need to bring that yourself. I don't recall seeing any lifejackets available for anyone unless you were using the kayaks, Hobie craft or being pulled by the boat. The beach towels that were provided were awesome. The lounge chairs were nice and comfortable. The beach front is what I would consider small in front of the resort but don't be afraid to walk over the cement wall to enjoy a longer walk on the beach. The water taxi provided is awesome. I have a lot of negatives here it seems but we still enjoyed our stay. One more thing... this is not an adults only resort. There were many families staying here. We love families but if you are looking for an adult only resort, this is not it. A portion of the resort is adults only.

Room tip: I actually enjoyed the adult only side with the view of the pool.
6  Thank nicholam553
Shanette Price, Guest Services / Front Office at Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2022

Dear Nicholam553,

Thank you so much for your review outlining your past stay with us. While there were a number of areas you highlighted that needed attention, we are happy nonetheless to know that you enjoyed your stay. We have acknowledged each one of your suggestions.

We thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2022 via mobile

Absolutely loved the interior and open space at the hotel. Staff is also super friendly and helpful.
Drinks were average and lunch buffet was 2/5.
Both fish and chicken were super super dry.
Beach is nice and overall it’s a good experience.
I do think some attention to food cooking would make stays better

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank shakhira20
Shanette Price, Guest Services / Front Office at Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2022

Dear shakhira20,

Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay with us. While we saw that you fancied the hotel's layout and you considered the staff to be super friendly and helpful, we have also acknowledged your comments pertaining to the quality of food and beverage in the outlets. This is very disappointing to know as food and beverage is a key part in any all-inclusive hotel. We sincerely apologize as we failed to meet your expectations in that area. We assure you that we have flagged the mentioned area for follow-up with the respective departments.

We thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2022 via mobile

Firstly we gave 3 out of 5, mainly because of the view from the balcony.

We have been to quite a few Caribbean islands and as it was our first holiday since Covid hitting, we chose Barbados as it's supposed to be a jewell in the Crown of the Caribbean, but we were sadly a bit disillusioned by the experience.

When checking in, there were several other arriving guest on our transport and we waited in turn, but as we were about to checked in, guests already staying at the hotel got the staff to book their friends who arrived after us, before us,which they did , not a great start.

The room we eventually got did have an amazing view, which we paid extra for and was the best thing about this hotel. Room size and facilities were very good.

The experience of the restaurant was the same for us as some other guests, ie the regimented times for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner? And I'm afraid the actual choices seem pretty strange and low considering we were in the Caribbean, I mean I don't expect to have shepherd's pie, not once but twice in a week?

Yes coffee shop was nice 10am to 6pm for snacks and cakes etc, but nowhere apart from your room to get a coffee before 7am.

The beach was small and the hotel can't do a lot about that,there is a small shelf in the sand/sea entrance which caused some people problems getting out of the sea.
As the season gets busier it gets a bit close to each neighbour.

The entertainment was pretty good , the group we saw.

The themed restaurant which you had to book and had a menu you could see and help chose, this was by the large pool side of the hotel which is split by a main road.

As for the pools, we used the small pool beachside part of the hotel, the water was very cold and very pleasant to use, again not hotels's fault , but not heated or infull long enough.

Rooms were always cleaned and tidy on our return from beach etc.

There's a water taxi to take you to other sisters hotels, also non motorised water boats small hobies, kayaks, paddleboards.
Local guys with jets ski to rent.

Staff would come along the beach and take drinks orders and bring iced fruit and ice lollies.

All in all, as I've said if wasn't for the views and the weather it would have been our worst Caribbean trip to date.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank reid2455
Shanette Price, Guest Services / Front Office at Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2022

Dear reid2455,

Thank you so much for your feedback as it is very valuable to us. It is very disappointing to learn that your holiday was not as enjoyable as you would have expected it to be. For each mentioned area we have flagged for follow-up with the respective departments and we shall do our utmost to make improvements. Please accept our sincerest apologies for failing to meet your expectations in some areas.

Reviewed 29 August 2022

Just returned from a brilliant time in Barbados. We stayed as a family of 3 adults in a standard room, facing the road (no balcony). There was plenty of room for us all, there was a fair amount of road noise at night but soon became used to it. Mini bar always stocked with water. Hotel was inviting, clean and spacious. Special mentions go to Ryesha for being super helpful and friendly organising trips & local restaurants (good luck with the baby!), Jakobi & Andre for their attentive beach service (loved the frozen grapes!), Jalisa for her manicures, Sabrina, Jennifer & Loreal for friendly service in the restaurants and finally Shokoya (Aka Big Boots Man) for always being so friendly and smiley. At times the service in the restaurants was a bit slow but hotel was extremely busy. Food in Shiso was delicious, especially the sushi & duck spring rolls. Breakfast was good - get in early to be able to move around easily - lots of choice and fresh omlettes, fried eggs cooked to order. Not all of the A la carte meals in Seascapes worked but we never went hungry. The Mediterranean buffet was good with plenty of choice. The snack bar Kyma, was great for club sandwiches and Caesar salads at lunch time. They had lots of delicious looking cakes; sadly they didn't taste as good as they looked. The watersports were brilliant - loved the hobbiecat ride (thanks Dave!). Getting a sunbed on the beach was no issue for the first 10 days of the holiday, even at 10 AM but the last 4 days ALL sunbeds had gone by 7.30AM :( We used the water taxi (when it was running) to visit other hotels - Colony Club and Crystal Cove were a nice break from Waves with completely different vibes. Plenty of beach space & sunbeds at Crystal Cove (good cocktails too!) Some of the beach 'hawkers' were a bit irritating but most were friendly enough. Evening entertainment was mostly good - the guitarist and Essence were the stand out acts. Be warned all entertainment stops at 10.30 and the hotel becomes deserted - very strange.
A lovely place to chill and relax, would return again in a heartbeat!
If you visit, ensure you have some form of insect repellent with you - together we had around 60 bites!

2  Thank HealyTribe
Shanette Price, Guest Services / Front Office at Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2022

Dear Healy Tribe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay with us. From your feedback it tells of an enjoyable and relaxing holiday with the staff looking after your needs whether it was in the restaurant dinning or lounging on your sunbed on the beach. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the food offerings in the restaurant for the most past as we did see your comments pertaining to cakes in the coffee shop.

We thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.