7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$1,037
TravelocityUS$1,036
Expedia.comUS$1,036
PricelineUS$1,037
Hotels.comUS$1,036
Trip.comUS$1,172
All reviews tapestry restaurant mahogany tree tamarind hotel other guests other hotels separate shower putting towels colony club small hotel bbq night water taxi elegant group lounge chairs security staff couple of nights coffee machine fruit and ice cream
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2022

We stayed at Treasure Beach and had a wonderful time. The resort was clean, comfortable and the suites well appointed.

The beach ambassadors, Carl and Sabrina do a great job providing drinks, iced grapes and ice lollies. Daniel on the bar was excellent, Rasheed was friendly. Sophia in the restaurant was lovely too. Management wise, Annette was an absolute star, always happy to help and willing to resolve any issues, however minor. Tara was great too.

The rain did mean the beds round the pool and overlooking the beach got soaked and take some time to dry. On occasion, we had to chase up beach towels as the tub was empty, but it was always dealt with swiftly.

The pool was lovely and the beach is stunning. There were always beds available and no silly people putting out towels at silly times during our stay.

Treasure Beach hotel is part of the Marriott Elegant Hotels in Barbados. This means you can eat at their other AI hotels without charge, so we went to The Tamarind and Waves for dinner. We also went to The Colony Club for dinner where we had to pay a supplement. In our opinion, the food at Treasure Beach was the best quality. The attention to detail was excellent.

The cocktails were excellent and I highly recommend a Rum Punch or two…

This was one of the best holidays I’ve ever had as it was so relaxing and I felt so comfortable at Treasure Beach. I happily recommend Treasure Beach to anyone looking for a quiet, adults only resort in Barbados.

3  Thank LibertyLL
Tracess Yarde, General Manager at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2022

Dear LibertyLL,

Thank you so much for posting this lovely five-star review about your stay at Treasure Beach Hotel.

We are so happy that you had such a fantastic holiday with us, enhanced by the hotel's cleanliness, the pool, the beach, the food, the cocktails, and most importantly the friendly staff. We have noted your comment about the availability of beach towels and have had the necessary discussions to prevent this from reoccurring.

We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Treasure Beach someday, where we would endeavor to provide you with yet another fantastic holiday.

Reviewed 7 September 2022

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. The staff were amazing, particularly Annette and Daniel who made sure our stay went very well. They were attentive without being pushy and extremely professional in their work.

Room tip: Our suite on the first floor overlooking the pool was first class
2  Thank Roberta C

Dear Roberta C,

We are truly happy that you had such an amazing stay, made extra special by the staff. We will be sure to pass on your kind sentiments to Annette and Daniel who will surely appreciate it.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Treasure Beach in the future, where we would aspire to provide you with an amazing holiday once again.

Reviewed 1 September 2022 via mobile

We have visited Barbados before but this was our first all inclusive and first West coast Hotel. We had a great stay and we're surprised by the quality of the all inclusive food and drinks .The hotel was quiet but actually we really enjoyed it being quiet .The staff are what makes this hotel so good especially Annette and Rasheed as I have to give them a special mention for them helping make the experience so lovely .All the staff are great right through the hotel , the security who are low key but friendly to the pool ambassadors who are frequently asking if you want drinks, ice lollies or frozen fruit or cold small towels .The ladies who clean the rooms always had a smile even when we weren't quite ready for them ( 2 adult daughters ! ) .
If I had to nit pick then the morning coffee was a little bitter for me but I soon learnt to have an iced coffee instead .The lunch and dessert menu could do with a dialy special to mix it up a bit .
We would definitely return to Treasure Beach , we did use the water taxi and try a few of the other hotels and concluded the hotel was the best for us .There is some good snorkeling off the beach but it isn't where the roped off bit is , we were lucky as the waters port guys at Tamarind leant us a buoy to keep us safe , as disappointingly there is a fair bit of watersport activity in the area and I would like to see more Ingormation on protecting the reefs by educating about reef safe suncream .

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Amythist,

Thank you so much for posting this lovely review about your stay at Treasure Beach Hotel.

We are so pleased that you loved the quietude of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. We have noted your comments about the coffee and the menus, and will ensure our culinary team offers sufficient variety to meet guest satisfaction. Your suggestion of additional information on reef protection has been shared as we appreciate the need to nurture our marine life.

We do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Treasure Beach in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 30 August 2022 via mobile

Excellent stay!
Rooms are clean and AC works fine.
I totally love how private and quit the place is.
Design and cutlery look great and overall I am very happy with the hotel.
Server Daniel and staff at bar are great!
5/5
Desserts and coffee are also a great addition.
I rarely review 5/5 but this place deserves recognition

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear shakhira20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this lovely five-star review about your stay at Treasure Beach Hotel.

We are delighted that you loved all aspects of your stay, including the rooms, the quietude, the hotel design, dessert options and the bar staff. We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Treasure Beach someday soon where we will endeavor to provide you with an even more enjoyable holiday experience than the first.

Reviewed 23 June 2022

I stayed here for 7 days and for me there are some positive and lots negatives, unfortunately the negatives are easy to rectify but looking at other reviews who have had a similar experience it looks like Elegant / Marriott are not addressing these. I would not return to this hotel when there is so much competition at this price point with other hotels on the island I would imagine this will start to effect bookings unless it’s resolved.

Positives:
Food on the whole is pretty good at the in-house restaurant, I heard lots of complaints from guests going to Tamarind that it was below par.

The beach is amazing, well kept and clean

I did have a nice holiday but this was more down to the company with me!

Negatives
The ambassador service does not exist, we where offered a drink twice from our sun beds in the entire week - other people had similar experiences

Why is the catch of the day always Mahi Mahi!!!! 7 days in a row…..

The sun beds are always soaked, they leave the cushions out over night

The staff just don’t listen, in the space of one day I had three drinks orders wrong, had to ask for bread at dinner three times, butter twice, the bill four times and when my dressing gown was taken by the cleaner and I asked for another I got slippers after two phone calls! It’s always someone else’s job and it’s like Chinese whispers when they do pass the info on!

The service is very hit and miss, some days it’s what you would expect from a 3* hotel other days it’s awful and rude. The bar is the worst area, hardly manned and when it is a long wait is required.

The rooms need some attention, we moved after a few days because they just aren’t that nice. Plug sockets not working, nowhere to plug the kettle or coffee machine into unless you pull the TV out and in general need of modernising.

Bar stock, over the course of a week the bar went from being fairly well stocked to hardly anything left. I asked for 5 different cocktails one night to be told they couldn’t do it because they didn’t have the ingredients. One night I ordered an espresso martini but rather than tell me they had no Kalua it was just black coffee and vodka!?

Think I’ll go back to the Fairmont up the coast after this experience with Elegant.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bf_evo
Tracess Yarde, General Manager at Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2022

Dear bf_evo,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Treasure Beach Hotel.

Whilst we are happy that you were pleased with the food, the beach and had an overall nice holiday, we regret that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

We usually receive numerous positive reviews about the amazing service provided from our staff, and we wish to apologize if this was not your personal experience. We will reiterate the importance of stellar customer service in our training sessions as we continue to aim for maximum guest satisfaction. We have noted your comments about the fish on offer, the rooms and the bar offerings, and assure you that we will continue to use guest feedback to make improvements to our product as necessary.

It is our hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Treasure Beach Hotel someday, where we would endeavor to provide you with a much improved experience.

Operations Manager