“Weekday Lunch Buffet with Local Professionals”

Brown Sugar Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 143 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018

My wife and I stumbled across this gem during the middle of the week during lunch hours. They were doing a buffet and we were there only tourists. The restaurant was full of mainly professionals in suits or business attire. The food was adventurous and very unique. We were unsure what half of the vegetables or fruits were in the salad bar. The server was super helpful and helped us navigate the buffet. Regardless they were all delicious. They had a pepper pot filled with lamb necks and oxtail, SO SUCCULENT! My wife had lamb chops that she was extremely satisfied with. I also had the fried flying fish that had good spice in the batter and tasted very fresh. Great experience even though this isn't my favorite type of cuisine. We are glad we tried it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I would suggest to any tourist looking for local flavors/food. Food, drinks and service was really authentic and good.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Must be on your list for a special dinner out. The atmosphere is perfect for all types of occasions. Romantic, family, friends. It has a very quaint tropical decor. Service was impeccable. The menu has a great offering, the food is high quality and every thing tasted amazing.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I had really looked forward to this restaurant, but I have to say I was slightly disappointed, the service was fine but the food just didn’t live up to my expectations, I had been told by many people that this was the best place for traditional food. I found the food ok but nothing special, if I was to describe it, I found it bland and the chicken and pork were dry. Not succulent as I would have hoped. Also it was expensive $254 for 3 that was for 3 buffet lunches and 2 diet cokes. I did it but will not be visiting again.

1  Thank Sallyj1959
Reviewed 16 September 2018

it was recommended as a must visit place.. the food was very good, nice atmosphere, our only critique was our server was having a bad night. She seemed distracted, inattentive, and visibly showed her disappointment with the tips from a couple of her tables.