1,535 results
All reviews the cedar room the lamb family ocean grill larry lamb meal plan port royal golf course deluxe room the bus couples golf tournament monday night flying fish family owned resort low tide dining rooms coral reef tour of the property breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Probably the best thing I can say is every year we meet guests who've stayed at other resorts on Bermuda, but once at Pompano, they've found their home away from home. The number of repeat guests speaks volumes.

We've visited Pompano Beach Club every year for over a decade and we are always impressed with the consistently great staff, facilities, food, location, entertainment, and ambiance. Each and every year there have been improvements and enhancements - this year featured a new pool bar, refinished pool and hot tubs, updated décor in the dining room and much more. The two restaurants offer fantastic selections of wonderfully prepared food and deserts. The bartenders (Velda and Lee) are just fantastic. Last but not least, the managers are there to address any questions or concerns immediately, courteously, and efficiently.

I have no idea how you could have less than a stellar stay at Pompano. And our experience says you'll also meet friends with similar interests each time. TERRIFIC!!

Room Tip: The DELUXE rooms are worth the little extra. And the meal plan is essential.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caribbean-Fun-Diver
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Pompano for an extended long weekend over Labor Day. We absolutely loved our stay. Above all else, you cannot beat the location of Pompano. It is right on the beach and the water is crystal clear. While the beach itself isn’t huge, we had no problem with setting up lounge chairs and umbrellas each day. We rented a boat one day and also explored other areas of the island, and no hotel we saw came close to the beach front and turquoise waters of Pompano.

The staff are incredible here- from the front desk, to management to the waiters and waitresses at the restaurant. Everyone tries to make your stay as comfortable as possible and reminds you to relax! My husband and I were completing a fantasy football draft while we were there and had a lot of fun chatting with Lynn on who to put on our teams. The owner also drove us to our boating excursion in the free hotel shuttle and gave us tips and ideas on the way.

The food is also incredible. We weren’t planning to do the meal plan, but after hearing that it was 5 courses, we decided to try it out. We absolutely loved it! One day we had lunch on the island and spent over 100 dollars for two meals and two drinks and this reaffirmed what a good deal and excellent food quality the Pompano meal plan was.

The rooms themselves are outdated. For us, we prioritized location and knew we were not going to a new resort, so this wasn’t a big deal. But if you are looking for a newly renovated hotel, this may not be the place for you.

The only areas of improvement we had were for the hotel to offer water bottles in the room. It would be a nice touch after a day at the beach. Also, the housekeeping came at odd hours and as a result, we only had our room cleaned once. Luckily they do turn down service so we had our towels replenished.

Overall, this is a great place to stay with impeccable food, views, and customer service!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren A
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit after staying here two years ago, and it was just as wonderful as I remembered if not more so. The location, the private beach, the beauty, and most of all the staff all make you feel like you've come home. Some say it's dated, and it is to a certain extent, but they're updating it all the time and it's very comfortable. Large rooms, huge bathrooms, huge private balconies, and the most beautiful views! A private swimming pool and four hot tubs, and a small private beach that are hard to find in Bermuda.
Also a small workout room, two nice restaurants, a beach bar, and pool bar/restaurant.
The staff is wonderful, from the owners, brothers Larry and Tom to absolutely everyone else who works there. They will do anything to make you happy and comfortable. I wish I was better with names, but I can remember Cindy at the front desk, so friendly and helpful, along with Tim, always smiling, Archer, our smiling bartender Lee, and our housekeeper Cora Lee, who always went the extra mile. Love the free breakfast and the meal plan, and the quiet beauty and atmosphere of this resort. If you're looking for a very modern, glittering, party place, you may not be happy here, but if you want to enjoy the natural beauty of Bermuda and feel pampered all the time, you will love it. We did get to meet some very nice people and enjoyed our stay so much! In fact, I was very teary-eyed the night before we left, but we awoke to pouring rain and that made it easier to leave. This is the kind of place I could come to at any time of the year and just feel at home relaxing. It's fun in the summer because of all the boats and water sports/excursions available, but even in the winter it would be a great place just to relax and enjoy the beauty of the resort and the island. It truly is like coming home, and I hope to go back many times in the future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgal5673
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We (2 adults and our 2 adult children)returned to Pompano on Sept.7th after a six year absence.It was like coming home again.Everything was just as we left it.From the owners Larry and Tom Lamb to C.C.who was waiting for us as we got out of our cab and every other gracious staff member,we felt as if we were back among old friends.The hotel just keeps getting better,with constant upgrades to the decor and facilities that made our visit more cozy and convienient than ever.
As always,the service was impeccable,with no request too small and all delivered with a genuine smile.The food was out of this world,with prime rib and filet mignon to die for.The walk out to the reef in that warm,crystaline water is always one of our favorite activities.I could go on and on.There's no place in Bermuda we'd rather be than Pompano.
Oh, why did we stay away so long!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Wish I could give more than 5 stars! My family and I used to travel to Bermuda multiple times a year growing up, and have always stayed at the Pompano. My fiance and I were planning a vacation and I could think of no better place to go than returning to the Pompano for the first time in over 10 years after a very long travel hiatus. Right away, staff recognized me from when I was 11 years old (I am 26 now!) and treated my fiance and I like royalty all week. EVERYONE is amazing but Lucas, Velda, Lorna, Lee, and George really took wonderful care of us during our stay, made us feel so special, and we love them! My parents renewed their vows off the beach on a boat and Lucas offered to take photos for us from the beach, which we will cherish forever...not to mention the lengths the owner, Larry, went to to make this happen and make it a special and memorable occasion for my family. The food is amazing, the drinks are delicious (nothing like Black Seal rum while floating all day in the ocean or by the pool), and the staff are beyond attentive and friendly. For the level of service and the privacy/seclusion of the resort, it is extremely affordable and a dream vacation. You can choose to do nothing but lounge and relax, or rent mopeds and jet around the island all day participating in different activities. It's also a cozy enough resort that it is extremely easy to make new friends while hanging around the property, which makes it all the more fun and special. No exaggeration, I cried for hours when I left and returned home thinking of how much I missed my second home and I am counting down the days until we visit again! Our stay was SO incredible that my fiance and I have actually decided to change our existing honeymoon plans to visit the Pompano instead, and could not be more excited to see our Bermuda family once again :D If there is any hesitation to booking your stay with Pompano, go for it!! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms have beautiful views!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple