US$604
US$547
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
US$832
The Paraquet(Paget Parish)
No availability for your dates from these sites
No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Free Internet
All reviewssalt kettleferry stopminute walkseparate kitchenreasonable place to staytoaster ovengreen bankgreat combinationpool noodlesfull kitchenthe main housegreat soundroom was spotlessmiddle roadthe busbeautiful spothamilton harbour
Reviewed 13 May 2018

If you want quiet, this is the place to go. A little bit off the beaten path and out of the way of all the traffic and motor bikes. Melanie is the perfect host and met us as we exited our taxi from the airport. The cottages were quaint and provided all necessities from bathroom to kitchen. Diana, our housekeeper, was very nice and kept things clean and tidy. The grounds are beautiful with a patio on the water and a dock for swimming and adirondack chairs scattered about for relaxing and taking it all in. We spent each night at a patio table just watching the gorgeous sunsets. We particularly enjoyed our morning breakfast visit from "Hank" Heron. Beautiful birds all over the grounds. The main house offers a telephone room, large living room, and the office. It is nice that there was an air conditioner already in as the humidity was high and that there is cable TV and Wi-Fi available. Grocery stores are also close by which we utilized for breakfast at our cottage. Stay at this wonderful little piece of heaven. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MAHocking, Manager at Greenbank Guest House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Greenbank.
Hope you will return one day in the near future to enjoy another beautiful sunset with us.
All the best,
Melanie

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I'm not going to classify these comments as pros or cons -- depending on who you are and what you are looking for, they could go either way. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

1 - It is a well maintained, clean, older compound of duplex/triplex/etc bungaloos. My unit has a full kitchenette (2 burners, toaster oven, microwave, fridge, pots & pans, utensils, plates/dishware/glasses).

2 - My unit did not have A/C that I could see, but I left the window open to the bay and was very comfortable. Fresh air, no noise except evening critters, wind through trees, gentle waves. My unit was about 20' from the water with windows that pointed directly towards it.

3 - It is about a 2 minute walk to the Salt Kettle ferry terminal. Depending on the time you catch it, you are either 1 stop or 3 stops from Hamilton. Takes 10 - 20 minutes and only costs $3.50 (I think). You need exact change or buy tokens at the Hamilton ferry terminal. The first time I got on, I didn't have either and they let me on and said to buy the token and give it to them (which I did). I bought a few at that time and then doled them out over the next few days.

4 - There is nothing to do around the hotel, it is mostly residential. There is no bar or restaurant at the hotel, but I think they have a continental breakfast option (I never tried it). It is also easy to take a morning ferry (most of which are direct to Hamilton at that time) and then get a great breakfast there, such as at Bouchee.

5 - If you want to go shopping for groceries you have two options. Take the ferry and shop in Hamilton or take a cab and shop Modern Mart (South road near Middle road). You can have the cab wait for you, it is not too expensive to have them wait 10-15 minutes.

6 - The ferry has a limited schedule and 8pm is the last return from Hamilton on weekdays. Ask the hotel to send you the ferry schedule or a link to it.

7 - If you travel by taxi, it is about $15 to/from Hamilton. It will take about 10-15 minutes to get a cab called to the hotel. You can usually catch a cab quickly in Hamilton. There is a bus, which is much less expensive, but you need to walk a bit to get to the bus stop and most of the streets in Bermuda do not have a sidewalk.

8 - I had the hotel arrange a taxi pickup at the airport. It is about $35 - $40, paid to the taxi driver. When I arrived, there were a lot of taxis at the airport, so it's probably not that critical to arrange one.

9 - The hotel wifi is pretty good.

Room Tip: I got an on-the-water room, great for evening breeze. Road is very small and quiet so probably no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We came back today from our stay at the Greenbank Guest house in Bermuda and could not wait another day before submitting our wonderful review of our stay. The location is incredible, located right on the harbor in Salt Kettle and my husband jumped in everyday day before or after our day of sightseeing. Another memorable and wonderful part of our stay was access to the ferry and the attentiveness of owner Melanie. She could not have been any more welcoming and just a lovely person who happily answered our many sightseeing questions. You will not find a more reasonably priced, beautifully located and friendly staff and guests any where else in Bermuda. Such a homey, comfortable place to visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MAHocking, Owner at Greenbank Guest House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for your lovely response! Meeting great people is the best part of this business. So happy you found us here at Greenbank and that we were able to make your visit to Bermuda a memorable one!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed for 3 weeks whilst visiting family and found this idyllic spot! How lucky were we? Sure, it isn't ultra modern in any respect, but, utterly charming in the most wonderful position overlooking a sheltered bay, close to Hamilton, just across the water. We had the comfiest bed in the world, and, as we travel with our own pillows, a fantastic night's sleep was assured! We had a large bed/ sitting room with a separate kitchen and good fridge/freezer, oven etc., but, if we rave too much, then we won't be able to re-book! It's a short walk to the ferry at Salt Kettle and an easy trip across the bay to Hamilton. Swimming from the pontoon was the highlight of our stay - a complete joy! Please don't stay here if you require all is singing, all dancing facililities, but for my husband and I, it was sheer heaven, and 3 weeks is a long time for sheer heaven!!! Thank you Melanie, Matthew and Diana for looking after us both so well and also thanks to little Amelia who enhanced our visit too and that of our two granddaughters! We so hope to re-visit if the family remain in Bermuda.

Room Tip: If I did that, we may never get into our favourite room! Sorry!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MAHocking, Manager at Greenbank Guest House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

The pleasure has been all ours!
We are so pleased you found our little piece of 'heaven' as you say. It brings us so much happiness to share Greenbank and we hope we will see you both again next year.
With Gratitude,
The Greenbank Group

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Many Thanks to Melanie for accommodating me in such a short notice. This place is super amazing. Close to tranz, very accesible place, Love the wifi, the view is phenomenal, clean and super friendly staff. This is my home away from home. ❤️

Stayed: September 2017
MAHocking, Manager at Greenbank Guest House and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

So pleased you found us here at Greenbank!
We look forward to your return!