“Decent snorkeling”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Decent snorkeling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Sonny himself was very nice and informative, however, the snorkeling wasn't that great. We thought we were going to see way more shipwrecks and only saw one =(. We've had better snarling experiences before.

Visited September 2011
9 Thank thechicatravelista

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Snorkel Boat, best snorkel boat dog”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I've been to Bermuda a few times now and always try to get a good snorkel session in. This was my first time out with Sonny and his aaahhhhmazing dog Audrey. I went with some friends and we had an awesome day at sea. Sonny's tour of the island was candid and funny in a way that only a local could dish up. The snorkel spots were ideal, and we had plenty of time to really explore the reef. Everyone in my crew had a great time and we are all excited about going out with Sonny the next time we get out to the island.

Visited August 2011
6 Thank Natalie S
Brighton, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Snorkel Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

This was a great trip, I don't think I have ever been on a better snorkel tour. There were only 10 of us total and the rest of the "cruise" tours left right when we got there so we had the whole reef and two shipwrecks to ourselves. That was the coolest thing about this. Our guide was easy going but I felt completely safe and well tended. We were on the boat and then at the reef in record time. so we had over an hour to explore. The Wrecks were awesome, and the colorful and close.

I would go again in a heartbeat.

Visited October 2011
5 Thank Micah B
Winslow, Maine
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Snorkeling Excursion in Bermuda!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My husband and I went to Bermuda on the NCL Dawn. We celebrated our first anniversary with Captain Sonny on the morning of October 10th. We booked the 9:00am excursion months in advance. He usually doesn't do a 9:00am excursion so late in the season, but we had made reservations and the afternoon boat was already full. Sonny was so good to us. He took us out on his smaller boat, the Thunderpuss. It was just the three of us. Being with Sonny was like hanging out with a friend for the day. The trip was scheduled for 9:00am-11:00am, but we were having so much fun and getting along swimmingly, so Sonny didn't take us back until 1:30pm. I kept telling him that he was spoiling me. Sonny took us to the main snorkeling site of the Constellation and Montanna, as well as, his inshore snorkeling site. It was at the inshore site where Sonny joined us in the water and caught two lobsters. He is knowledgeable of Bermuda and it's history and is also very familiar with sealife. We saw parrot fish, sea turtles, moon jellies, a leopard stingray and so much more. My husband and I would do this excursion again in a heart beat. Sonny made us feel safe and comfortable. This excursion was exciting and relaxing all in one. If you are on a cruise ship at King's Wharf in the Dockyard or vacationing in Bermuda, you will be missing out if you do not take Sonny's snorkeling excursion. Please check out photos of our time with Sonny.

Tip #1: My husband and I are both former lifeguards. Those who do this excursion should be good swimmers, because you are really out there in deep open water.
Tip #2: If you think you will get thirsty, bring a bottle of water.

Hope you get a chance to do this excursion! Say "HI" to Sonny from Rick and Sue in Maine.

Visited October 2011
9 Thank SwimmingSue
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fab trip, Sonny is great, Audrey is so cute! This trip is a must do for Bermuda!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

Sonny's shipwreck snorkelling is an amazing experience, saw two shipwrecks and lots of great marine life. Sonny is really engaging and interesting and Audrey is so cute! Unfortunately someone on our trip was not a dog fan (really, how could you not be?!) so she had to be dropped off home. Sonny really knows his stuff and is a pleasure to be around.

Visited September 2011