New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Codrington
london
“rip off!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

i have never paid 40 usd for a cheap rum punch the bar was not particularly nice the service poor and they charged 25% service on top. the prices on all items are 5 to 10 times the price it should be.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
28 Thank marilyn432

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Never have I been to a place where I felt so cheated and taken advantage of. Yes, it is a nice strip of beach to walk on but the place itself is hardly worth 1 star as the value for your money is outrageous! The unimpressive food on the lunch menu is a joke: salad for $100, a chicken sandwich for $60...and if that isn't enough a 25% service charge is added. If you don't want to be a fool DO NOT GO HERE. Desolate, poor service, low standard overall at exorbitant prices.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
25 Thank Schwbo
Boone, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Lighthouse Bay is georgous and the staff is superb- the only reason I rated the resort as high as average. However, the website is misleading. One of the pictures for the grand suite includes a soaking tub - did not exist (at least in our suite). The arieal view includes pictures (not an artists' rendition) of Villas located along the beach and the website describes these Villas-they are non-existant. Each suite was supposed to contain a laptop computer and an IPad-not in our suite. I was excited about the "French inspired" wine list, imagining chef prepared cuisine paired with perfectly matched wines only to discover upon arrival that no wine list existed and the choices were very limited. During our 5 day stay, they "ran out" of Sparkling Wine, Vodka and Diet Coke - how does that happen in a 5 star resort with a price tag of over $1,500 a day? Perhaps if we were novice travelers the resort would have been more impressive; however we have traveled all over the world and Lighthouse Bay was one of our disappointments.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
18 Thank Lovefivestartravel
PAris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I tried to stay at this hotel early November. I phoned a couple of times, no answer, I sent a mail, no answer.
For such a five star resort, I found it unacceptable. I could have booked direct by internet, without knowing if the hotel was open or closed, but at 1000 $ a day, you expect something else.

Finally we stayed at North Beach, and loved it.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
21 Thank bouleke
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I'm nervous about posting information about Lighthouse because one of the things my husband and I loved was the fact that we were only one of two couples staying at the resort.

We arrived by water taxi and we were greeted with face towels and island drinks. We were given an overwhelming tour of the resort and were introduced to the staff. Terrance said, "Here is your beach. You'll notice there are no footprints in the sand. The only prints, will be yours."

The photos on the website do not do justice to this place. And Terrance, Ann Marie, Wade, Monica, Luella, Brian, Cowen, Chef Lennox, and so many more very special people did everything they could to make our stay special.

I was very nervous about booking and I emailed and spoke to Terrance quite a bit to ensure the resort was what we were looking for. When we arrived it was obvious it was so much more than I could have imagined.

My husband and I lost our luggage from American Airlines, so we were in the same clothes for a couple of days in Antigua. When we arrived in Barbuda, Terrance assured us he had anything and everything we would need. We actually needed nothing (there were excellent amenities in the suite) except one day's laundry to wash the clothes on our backs - and it was taken care of. Terrance found our luggage and I'm not sure how he did it because I'd been calling everyone I could find for two days. But within 36 hours, Terrance (and his staff, friends, and countless others who work with him on Antigua and Barbuda) had our luggage in our room.

I was also nervous about the food (as I am a plain eater). If you've ever stayed at those resorts with five or six restaurants, people always tell you that you can find food at any time. And if you happen to not like lunch or dinner one day, you can go to a different place to find something else. Friends and family gave us worried looks when we told them there is a Chef and three meals/day included - meaning, if you get hungry in the middle of night, you can't run down the street for a late night snack. I mean, I'm from Texas and we eat a lot of beef! What if I couldn't eat lobster for a whole straight? So, as I always do when I travel for business or pleasure, I brought packets of tuna and peanut butter just in case I got hungry in between meals. I had to bring it all back!!! My husband and I didn't touch anything we brought. Terrance even stocked the mini bar with lots of drinks (prior to our visit I told him we drink quite a bit of water). He had bottles and bottles waiting for us. I do regret that we drank all the water and I really didn't take advantage of all the wonderful beers and local soft drinks he stocked there - there just wasn't enough time.

Everything was grown fresh and made from scratch. I ate things I usually never like - it was that incredible. Four course dinners, and perfectly portioned and plated breakfasts and lunches - we gained weight actually from dinner I think. We had lamb, pork tenderloin, lobster, calamari, steak - you name it. Having a personal world-class chef is something special.

Upon our departure Terrance took us to the airport and waited two hours to be sure we made it on the plane.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank AnAustinGal_T
pjkerrigan, Owner at Lighthouse Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind and flattering review of our resort. I would like to take this opportunity to announce that our resort has discontinued the all-inclusive offering. There is no need to worry, we have lowered the room-only rates to a rate that allows our guests to take full advantage of our excellent cuisine and provides a better overall value.

Nothing else has changed, we are still providing the same unforgettable experiences and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Patrick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Codrington
6.6 km away
#8 of 16 in St. John's
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Lighthouse Bay Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!