“Try somewhere else for lunch”

Waves Beach Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: This Aruba resort's beachside bar and grill, serves light fare, snacks and beverages poolside.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Firstly, I should call out, we didn't actually sit in this restaurant; instead we ordered food poolside which was brought to us by the servers. Maybe my review would be different if we had sat in the restaurant, but I doubt it. The food isn't very fresh, and I found it to be over-priced. I tried the cheese pastechi, and my partner had the turkey wrap - both were underwhelming. Try elsewhere for lunch - there a much better offerings in the Marriott next door!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

After all four of us ordering the chicken quesadillas for lunch on our first day at the hotel, we were hooked and kept coming back for more. One of the boys did have a burger another day and said it was the best burger ever, but the rest of us kept ordering the quesadillas, maybe another 3 times during the vacation. Great staff, live music, perfect atmosphere for vacation lunching.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We had wonderful attention at this casual dining spot. The servers went out of their way to be friendly and attentive. They will make sure you stay as hydrated or indulged as you desire. The food could be fresher (canned salsa, guacamole made with olive oil?). The best item on the menu is possibly the steak quesadilla. Here is a shout out to Irma, Adrian, Franklin, Darcy, Maiker, Jean, Chris, and JM. They all made our experience delightful with plenty of towels in the morning, to “last call” at closing.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We had lunch here multiple times over a 6 day stay, all 6 of us liked the menu and the drinks, although they should make a better Lemon Drop martini! The food was good and we sat a the bar and the tables, both worked well. Bartenders were very nice.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My daughter and I ate lunch here 2 days last month. I ordered the chips and salsa and she had a chicken quesadilla. Both were delicious. Service was very fast! We went each day around 12:00 pm. Service was very pleasant and we will return when we are back in Aruba.