3,102 results
All reviews lazy river chair tags spyglass tower serenity pool captain's galley chair tagging pool chairs bedroom villa ocean club next door time share full kitchen marriott hotel washer and dryer grocery store ocean view baby beach queen bed
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We have stayed here many times before. Unfortunately, this trip we had a slight hiccup. Upon arriving to the villa I noticed a smell of Curry. I did not think to much about it figuring the odor would dissipate shortly. Well!! that was so not the case. We called the front desk and they did immediately send housekeeping. They tried cleaning everything from the oven to the microwave the cabinets etc. No luck what so ever. We asked to be moved and they did without hesitation and was able to give us the exact room on a different floor. It was a pain to pack up everything, our belongings and the refrigerator items and to have to unpack again, but it was better than that horrible smell. I do wish they had a better system for the palapas. I offered to pay for one in the front. I had wait on line for over an hour to get one for free in the front. I would have gladly paid, but they said that is not the Marriotts policy. That, I was not happy about.

Room tip: I like the light house or the compass the walk to the beach is a tad bit shorter. It is a bit of a hike if you are in the spyglass.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ravenjt37
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Our two week vacation started at the Hilton down the beach and ended up here at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club for our yearly get away from Florida!!!

It’s the same things all around. Fun, awesome Beach, great ocean, sun, lazy river, Palapas, windy, beautiful sand, sunsets and almost a full body tan!!!

Great staff, good to see the friendly people still working there.

Great to see old friends here and did make a bunch of new friends. Our guests, their first time here, loved the whole thing about Aruba. They can’t stop talking about it!!!

We will be back!!!

Enjoy!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank msdet1529
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the surf club for 7 days. We have been to this property 4 previous times. We were given a room in Spyglass Tower for this visit. At first we were disappointed. This was our first time with a garden view and we were further away from the beach. Our suite was in immaculate. Two bedrooms and all the amenities needed to cook a meal. We found Spyglass to be very quiet and less hectic. We had an absolute blast at the Surf Club. Everyone we met that worked at the property was friendly and accommodating (especially Harold). If your looking for a relaxing vacation this is the place. Yes, you have wake up a little early to find the perfect pool chairs (the same as any time share we have stayed at). The lazy river is a great way to relax. While floating we met a lot of people that have been coming to Aruba for years. They gave us some great restaurant recommendations and loved to mess with me about my Red Sox. My wife enjoyed the tranquility pool and the hot tub next to it. We both enjoyed walking the beach and the sunsets are incredible!! We had a great time!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JChap493
Reviewed 1 November 2018

We have been coming to the property for 20 years. Sometimes 2 times in 1 year. The employees are all great, with the general manager Leslie Prea and his executive assistant Verna being hands on, and always available. This sets the tone for the rest of the staff. Housekeeping is awesome, turn down service available by request. Dining options are great. Lavista buffet style for breakfast with Francis as our server was perfect.At Lavista there are theme nights for dinner with a fantastic Carribean lobster night. All you can eat. Kids 6 and under eat free. Ruth Christ with Juan as the manager is excellent. As well the best sushi my wife and I ever had at the lobby bar. The beach area is in my opinion the best of the hotel strip. The Waves bar has excellent, salads, sandwiches and wraps which you can order while sitting under your Palapa. The pool areas are very good. Large pool on property for everyone with a swim up bar and waterfall, to get a great massage. If you prefer, there is also a adult only pool, with a bar.. Very nice. 2 for $15 drink specials are offered from 11-12 and 3-5 .A nice casino is located right on property. Cant wait to return in March with my daughter, son inlaw and 2 grand children

Room tip: South side of the hotel as high as you can get,overlooking the adult pool
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tennismir
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We had six couples and had one of the few three bedroom units. Plenty of room and great amenities on property. Lots of areas for children with awesome pools and a long and popular lasy river suitable for all ages. A nice respite after a day at the beach.
Awesome beaches with plenty of chairs and palapas to put your chairs under. Be sure to understand the reservation system for palapas.

Bring plenty of sunscreen, you will need it. Temps are in the 80º night and day. We visited both ends of the Island for an "adventure" but spent most of our time on the beach. There are plenty of restaurants for all types of dining and bar hopping.
There were six of us so we rented a van but you could take a taxi for shopping or dinner.
We found the Super Foods grocery to be very good and always very busy.

Get your duty free liquor before you leave the airport. (Much better price than economy pricing)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple