2,135 results
All reviews pure ocean swim up bar washer dryer combo full bathrooms older tower one bedroom suite through rci time share other hotels jacuzzi tub high rise hotels butterfly farm timeshare owners musty smell grocery store happy hour super foods
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Had A Ball.What a Beautiful Country.Very interesting on How Diverse it is too!!! Most of the Staff was Very Cordial and The Sights were Amazing.Food was great as well.❤ I would definitely come back on A Baecation (Trip with significant other).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ray S
Divi2017, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you, Ray, ​for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I have reviewed this hotel before, and always a 5. Read my previous reviews.

We always stay 15 to 17 days and always come at least once a year, sometime twice.

This time I'm givng it a 4 for only one reason... the awful music and party on the beach. It was on our side of hotel and lasted until 1 a.m. No reason for this. It happened on two nights.

Other than that, this is a wonderful place to stay. We have been to Aruba about 10 times, the last 5 or 6 at the Phoenix. And we will keep returning to the Phoenix unless they continue the beach parties, which ruins our evening.

Bring water/beach shoe with you. For some reason there are more rocks on ocean bottom than in previous years.

Room Tip: We prefer the tower, altho villas are newer.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank barbaradixon

Dear Barbara, thank you for your review and for letting us know about the situation with the music and how this disturbed you. We had a special group booking and we will make sure to let our management team know of your displeasure. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at Divi Aruba Phoenix. It is in a great location where you can walk to many restaurants and shops. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. My room.was ready earlier than expected and it was clean and comfortable. The pools and hot tub are clean and well kept. They had a cocktail reception one of the evenings we were there and it was quite enjoyable with the dancing, raffles and cocktails. We did a water aerobics class three of the days we were there and the instructor Daniel was great and made the class a lot of fun. I'm already planning my return trip to Aruba and will most definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Barbara M
Divi2017, General Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased you returned for your second visit and hope to see you back again for a third very soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My uncle is an owner and gifted my husband and I a week vacation here at the Divi Phoenix. From the time we checked in to the day we checked out we had an amazing time and were met with friendly staff. The first night I was a little under the weather and the waitress at Purebeach brought me lemons and honey to have in the room for tea. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with an attached one bedroom studio where our friends stayed. I really enjoyed having some amenities of home like a full-size kitchen and washer/dryer, and the beachfront view was a huge cherry on top! The resort is a short taxi ride to shops on Palm Beach across from the high rises, then you get to come back to your quieter piece of paradise for some R&R. I would definitely consider staying at Divi again!

Room Tip: higher floors give you great ocean views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiffineyandbrian

Congratulations Tiffiney and Brian! We are so pleased you enjoyed your honeymoon and your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Travel Dates... October 8 to October 13, 2017

Property... This is a small resort which sits directly on Palm beach. The grounds are well-maintained. There’s a tall tower, beach villas building and short buildings (where we stayed). The lobby is open air. There are 3 eateries, a store/gift shop, pools, jacuzzis, spa, fitness center and grills throughout.

Check In... We arrived early so our room wasn’t ready yet. We checked our bags with the bellman and grabbed a bite to eat, walked around the resort and then headed back to the lobby. As soon as the room was ready, the front desk clerk, who checked us in, came over to get us. She went over hotel information and gave us our room keys. She was professional and nice. I think we were in our room by 3:00 pm. (Check in time is 4:00 p.m.) We stayed in building #2, room 723 (2nd floor).

Room... We stayed in a one bedroom, TWO bathroom condo style room with a large balcony. All rooms have pool and/or ocean views. Our room was clean and had been renovated. It has a full kitchen and living room with a sleeper sofa. The bedroom has a king size bed. The mattress was just ‘ok.’ It felt thin. The bathrooms are a good size. The shower stalls are small. The larger bathroom has a jacuzzi tub. There are quality bath products. The WiFi worked great most times. Housekeeping came everyday. Some days, they made the bed, but they always changed the towels and washcloths and washed any dishes in the sink.

On our third day, my husband’s prescription eyeglasses (designer frame) were stolen from the room. We assume they were taken by either the housekeeper or the air conditioner technician (who came when I called to report the unit had stopped working.*) That day, my husband did have on his glasses right before we left the room because he was looking at a map. He told me that he took them off, put them in the case and placed them on the living room table, and that was the last time he saw them. I witnessed him with them on that day. He did leave them in the room. Before we accused anyone, we searched the room thoroughly once he noticed they were missing. I asked him if he wanted to report the incident and he said no. He didn’t want to make a big deal; he just wanted to enjoy our vacation. He said he knew the hotel wouldn’t do a thing about it but waste our time so I left it alone. I knew I was going to write this review to warn others in the TripAdvisor community. Thereafter, we made sure anything we thought was of any value was locked up every time we left the room.

*The reason why we suspect it could have been the air conditioner technician too is because we were about to head out when he came up. We stayed while he serviced the unit. Then, he said he needed to go to the roof. We told him we were heading out. He said that he could gain access to room without us being there. We verbally okayed him returning which is not unusual (as hotel and maintenance staff do enter rooms to service them without guests being present), but we don’t know if he ever returned to our room after we left. The air conditioning was working when we returned.

Food... There are 3 eateries... Pure Deli, Pure Beach and Pure Ocean. We only ate at Pure Beach (pool bar). They serve quick bites (and Tapas during happy hour.) The food was tasty and the prices are standard resort prices. The pool bar staff were great. Shout out to Estella. She was wonderful! We ate our other meals off the resort.

Pool/Beach areas... there are two large pools and a kid’s pool. There’s a swim up bar and a jacuzzi. There’s another section to the resort which has a small pool and a jacuzzi. The beach area is small. The ocean is just steps away. There are palapas with seating and additional covered seating with lounge chairs readily available. We never waited for a palapa or other seating on the beach or at the pool. There are wheelchair accessible palapas and hammocks too. The palapas at the pools and beach have a hook to hang your bag and wet things which I think is convenient. The beach is clean. The water is clear and beautiful. There’s no seaweed in the water or on the beach.

Parking... we learned that guest parking is a luxury or nonexistent at some Aruba resorts. We rented a Jeep for a few days and there was ample free parking out front. At some of the other resorts we drove by, we saw that there was limited or no parking.

Other Stuff... The resort hosts daily activities. We saw some nice performances by local bands and was there on karaoke night. There’s a gift shop/store in the lobby. They sell limited grocery items, souvenirs, clothing and liquor. There’s a fitness center and spa. We didn’t use either.

We enjoyed our renovated room with TWO bathrooms and the extra large balcony overlooking the pool. Our unit did not have that moldy smell other reviewers mentioned. Both elevators in building #2 worked well too. Most of the resort staff we encountered were pleasant, professional and customer service-oriented. This is a timeshare property. We were asked if we wanted to attend a presentation when we checked in. We said no and they never asked us again.

Overall, the resort positives outweigh the theft incident. I recommend the Divi Aruba Phoenix Resort. If you choose to stay there, make sure you lock up ALL of your valuables! I would have given the resort 5 stars had the theft not occurred.

*** A Note to the manager/guest relations staff reading this review... please don’t leave a comment stating that your hardworking staff don’t steal. Yes, I’m sure they work hard to maintain the resort and it shows, but there are staff stealing guest property too. Besides us, hotel staff were the only ones who had access to our room. Just check the card key access report to our room that day and you’ll see who entered besides us. My husband chose not to report the theft because he knew nothing would be done about it. I honored his request because he just wanted to enjoy our time in Aruba and not have to deal with hotel management and security wasting our time.

After I booked, I read hundreds of mostly positive TripAdvisor reviews about this resort including those stating there was theft of property so it’s an issue there which needs to be addressed. We’re seasoned travelers and did take proper precautions in securing our valuables; however, we never thought someone would steal a pair of eyeglasses. Maybe because they were a designer frame that’s the reason they went missing. It was the only thing that was stolen. My husband just made the mistake of not locking up his glasses. He didn’t think he had to. Lesson learned. Won’t happen again. Thank goodness he did ok without his glasses. If not, our trip could have been ruined. He’s replacing his glasses. I reviewed the positives about the resort so let’s leave it at that.***

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AfrinetNYC

We are extremely sorry to read your review and learn about​ your missing glasses. We have sent a copy of your review to our management team immediately.