2,182 results
All reviews pure ocean new tower swim up bar washer dryer combo older tower full bathrooms one bedroom suite time share other hotels jacuzzi tub butterfly farm timeshare owners musty smell high rise hotels grocery store happy hour super foods
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Divi Phoenix is a beautiful resort. A great place to relax, enjoy the sun & great restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed at Divi Aruba Pheonix for a short weekend in March.

Large, comfortable and clean room. I had a balcony overlooking the pool and with a view of the ocean which was lovely. When I arrived I was given an upgrade to a 1 bedroom from a studio and it was great.

The beach is clean and peaceful. The food at the pool bar was good and the staff was friendly. The bartender was willing to experiment with cocktails. On Saturday nights there is a band by the pool that plays 80s, 90s & todays cover tunes, which was fun.

Overall a good time. I would definitely go back again.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My friends and I stayed for a week in the 2BR Penthouse Suite. The rooms were decorated nicely and we had a wonderful view from both balconies of the ocean, beach and pool. The grounds are kept nicely. We didnt have any problems with musty odors in our room. We made sure we kept the doors shut to the balconies as the signs stated. The beach we awesome. It wasnt crowded as the beach in further down toward the all the high rise hotels and de palm pier area (Westin, Riu, etc) We could always find a palapa on the beach. We didnt spend much time at the pool but it was very nice. We did use the swim up bar a few times. We ate at pure beach a couple nights and celebrated friends bday there. It was very nice and the service and food were awesome. I would definitely come back here again. We are all planning to make this an annual trip. We did rent a jeep for 2 days to visit baby beach and the natural pool and a few other beaches. Baby beach was awesome! We opted to go the natural pool ourselves and not do a tour. It was wild getting there but so much fun. I can't wait to go back again.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jrjohnson3
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We have stayed at the Divi Phoenix quite a few times and will be going back in July. The resort has beautiful new suites and are kept very nice, which is where we like to stay. Pure beach restaurant has excellent food and really nice choices. The pool has a swim up bar which is really nice. The beach is absoutley fabulous. You can walk down the beach to restaurants, casinos, night life and come back to peace and quit. I find it is in a less busy area being the last of the high rises so there is no extra traffic on the beach. It isn't crowded. You really can relax and enjoy. The people are really friendly. We are addicted to this place and feel it is a home away from home.

Room tip: ask for the new section, they are all really nice.
Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Before describing our stay, I'd like to being by saying a little about myself and my family. My husband and I are in our late 30s/early 40s from the Northeast. We have two small boys (3 & 6). We are not big drinkers, gamblers or partiers and we go to Aruba to relax. This was our third trip to the island and my father-in-law joined us. We also had a rental car so that we could make trips to the supermarkets and ensure that our kids had carseats.
The resort is very pleasant and has good amenities. There's a kiddie pool with a beach entrance, a swim-up bar, very nice pool, barbeque area, hot tubs, internet cafe, gym, large patio areas, gift shop with snacks/grocery items, 24 hour deli. The pool area is very pleasant and nice looking. It's not beautiful like the Hyatt or the Radisson in that it doesn't have winding paths and lush landscaping-- just pool and patio. For our purposes, this is a good thing because we want to be able to see our kids at all times. The PureBeach restaurant has a second floor which is used for timeshare presentations and unfortunately blocked some of our view of the beach. Higher floors may not have that issue (we were on floor two of the second building). The beach is beautiful and private compared to the other hotels in the high-rise area. In my opinion, it's the best beach of the high-rise hotels. I've walked from the Phoenix to the Marriott and gotten to see them all and most of the pool areas as well. The beach at the Phoenix is the least crowded and most private because there are no neighboring hotels. Having compared the Phoenix to the rest of the high-rise hotels, the most striking difference is the size and proximity of the rooms to the pool and the beach. At the Phoenix, the pool is literally steps from the rooms and since the pool area is not tremendously large, the beach is not terribly far away. In some of the hotels like the RIU Palace and the Marriott, the resorts are overwhelmingly large with the rooms that are very far from the pool.
I found the service to be very good at the Phoenix. The housecleaning is adequate but they don't clean the rooms every day. It seemed like the housekeepers picked up the garbage, replaced the towels and dishtowels but that's about it on a daily basis. The concierge was very helpful with making dinner reservations and answering questions and maintenance was very quick to come when we had an issue. We ate at the PureBeach restaurant one night and enjoyed it very much. The ambiance can't be beat since it's right on the beach and food was very good and reasonably priced since it's possible to get a very good sandwich for about $10.
Our room was great.. We had one of the larger one bedrooms on the second floor which means that our balcony was larger than most and not adjacent to anyone else's. There is a musty odor in the unit but one gets used to it rather quickly and having the a/c on seems to help as well. We had two bathrooms which were beautiful but the water leaks out under the shower door, one bedroom with king bed, flat screen tv, living room with pull out queen sleeper sofa, large flat screent tv, dining area, washer/dryer, granite kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, electric stovetop and a convection microwave oven. We cooked all of our meals except dinner and were able to make a variety of things to eat with the equipment that was on hand.
The location of the Phoenix was fine for us because we had a rental car. It's also possible to walk to the restaurants and casinos at the shopping centers and the other hotels. The closest casino is at the RIU ,but you have to walk up a steep driveway which may be a problem for some people. If you're looking for a lot of action/nightlife at the resort where you're staying, the Phoenix may not be for you but if you're traveling with kids, the Phoenix is a great option.

Room tip: all the rooms face the beach and/or pool.
Date of stay: April 2011