All reviews matthews restaurant presidential suite bea geerman home away from home time share recommend casa alhambra casino rci exchange daily maid service twin beds full kitchen room attendant management team dunkin donuts year after year main building second week
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I started visiting the Casa del Mar with my parents in 2000 when I was 11 years old and this November will be my 15th year staying at CDM (needless to say my family and I LOVE the CDM and the island of Aruba). For the 2 weeks every year the CDM has yet to ever disappoint. I can ALWAYS count on the most relaxing vacation of the year. This is the kind of place where you stay on the beautiful beach all day long until the sunsets and then head over to Matthews for happy hour with all the best of friends we have made over the years. This is not like any other vacation, this is what I consider my 2nd home. November 2015 cannot come soon enough!!!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Melanie W
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Dear Melanie P,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us; to be able to come to Casa del Mar every year since you were 11 and to have so many lifelong friends here at the same time is truly unique. It is for members like yourself that we get the most enjoyment out of maintaining and improving the resort.

I hope to meet you in November.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

4th visit. Ground are well maintained and rooms are clean. We stayed in presidential suite. Very comfortable. Beach seems to have gotten smaller over the years. Free wifi in lobby area. Or you can purchase at front desk island wifi for day or week.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Magner 425,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are glad that you returned for a 4th visit and hope you return for a 5th. Perhaps you should consider buying a unit and becoming an owner at Casa del Mar.

Thanks again for writing a review, we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I first came here as a child with my parents and now my own kids call this their home away from home for 10 days out of every year. We continue to visit for 2 main reasons. #1 Best beach on the island that is away from the masses. #2 The property itself; Great value, spacious rooms, perfect family setting, not a bad view anywhere in the resort, intimate and well maintained property, it's casual but yet seems luxurious without the big price tag.

Have vacationed at many places around the world and stayed at the higher end properties on this island but to me, nothing compares. :)

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ArubaHB
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2015

Dear ArubaHB,

We are so happy that you are continuing the family tradition and exposing your children to the beauty of Aruba and the warmth and serenity of Casa del Mar. We love the fact that our long time owners are bringing children and grandchildren to Casa del Mar. In order to keep our your visitors entertained we have recently opened a game room at the resort and are in the process of upgrading the wifi service in each unit. Our Kids Club also has a full schedule of activities for the youngsters.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Casa del Mar.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Great rooms with nice oceanview, great pool, awesome beach. The staff is friendly and the location is perfect in front of a Alhambra Casino and shops.
Very quiet right in Eagle Beach ome of the most beatiful beaches in the Caribbean.
I loved it

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Francisco Aleja... M

Dear Francisco Aleja... M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your experience at Casa del Mar. We are glad that you had such a great unit and enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that you return to Casa del Mar in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

We stayed last week at a 2br/2bath oceanfront suite. The size of the suite was nice, and the A/C worked great, but the master bed was very old/uncomfortable (my wife, complaining of back pain -- for the first time ever -- at the end of our trip). Even though we had great weather, it was extremely windy at CDM's beach (with sand sometimes being blown in our faces). The ocean would be great for kids that love to jump into waves, but was not good for my 15 month-old. We only learned on the last day that we could have used beach front/furniture in front of the Aruba Beach Club -- which is slightly less windy and has slightly less wave action.
Separately, I found Nadia, Gwendelyn, and one other female employee (who's name I forget), all of whom work at the front desk, to have poor customer service. I found them to be generally short and unaccommodating. Fortunately, there are good managers at CDM who were able to assist when the front desk clerks were not.

All-in-all, a nice place, but I would not stay there again.

(Parking was easy; Matthew's restaurant was good -- very nice employees and managers; Ricardo's was good for dinner as well; housekeepers did a great job; have to pay $35 for wifi, per device, per week).

Room Tip: Ocean view is best, ideally away from the restaurant, as it can be loud at night.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank NY_Traveler_28_10
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear NY_Traveler_28_10,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are glad that, as a whole, you enjoyed your vacation with us. We get both good and not so good comments on our mattresses; either way they are slated to be replaced next year. Our large 2 bedroom units are perfect for families, with full kitchens and large living room and balconies.

Thanks again for your comments, we are always striving to improve our customer service levels.

We hope you return again to enjoy Casa del Mar.