3,919 results
All reviews sea breeze ocean tower oceanside bar seabreeze restaurant ihg member all inclusive package ocean front oceanfront room pelican pier kids club all inclusive plan stand in line waiting in line shopping and restaurants other resorts towel hut family vacation
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the fact that you can walk to plenty of restaurants and shops is a plus. The rooms need to be spruced up as you can certainly see the wear and tear. Being right on the beach is a huge plus for this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank fifibenjamin
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are so happy to know you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location and beach. We shall share your feedback with our management team and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I'll have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the resort. I got 2 rooms, one for me and my wife and a room for my 3 sons.The resort grounds were larger than I thought. The rooms were a nice size. Nothing fancy but the king bedroom had room for a couch, very spacious. We didn't upgrade to an ocean view room, that would've definitely made the room nicer to see the ocean off the Balcony. If anything that would be the only upgrade I'd recommend. I was completely fine with where my room was though, I didn't pay the extra cost so I didn't expect my balcony view to be spectacular. The Hotel is located on the beach, on Palm Beach, in the High Rise section of Aruba. The location was excellent, hence the reason for my rating. You compare prices for other resorts on the beach of Palm beach and the price is significantly more. I booked this thinking it was going to be a budget vacation, the resort was way better than a budget type vacation. I didn't do the all inclusive, so I can't fully speak on how well the all inclusive worked and if it was worth the added cost. I will say some people told me it was $80pp per night extra for all inclusive, but I can't confirm that amount. If that's true, I dont think it's necessary to pay that much for it, here at the holiday inn. I've been to all inclusives before, once in Cabo San Lucas and once in Punta Cana D.R., there weren't enough waiters going around to give me enough drinks to cover my all inclusive price tag. If I had to walk to the bar for a pre-paid drink every time, that would've pissed me off, there also weren't enough restaurants in my opinion to pay the extra fee for an all inclusive, again that's just my observation, if I'm paying I want my drinks constantly flowing to my beach chair and many different eating venues, but because I wasn't all Inclusive i was upset at the lack of waiters or food options. Again We didn't do all inclusive so I can't speak totally on the experience only what I saw. There was something an all inclusive guest told me about the program, that they couldn't get everything ont the menu at the restaurant and something about drinks, I dont know, that did raise a red flag to me but that is still hear say, maybe they didnt understand fully how the program worked, I dont know specifically. The main reason I didn't do all inclusive was because again the excellent location of the holiday inn resort. The location offers tons of restaurants, bars, dessert spots, etc. to choose from, all within walking distance. The need to be trapped on the hotel grounds because you put so much money into their all inclusive package I believe would be the wrong decision. I say that about all of aruba, and all the all inclusive resorts, not just the Holiday Inn. I think all inclusive in aruba period is a waist of money, again my opinion. Some resorts are more beautiful than others we know so choose your resort accordingly. The town is so lively don't cut yourself off from Aruba you vacation destination by staying on your hotel grounds exclusively, if the all inclusive package is going to restrict you. Aruba is safe the people are friendly. Back to the holiday inn, the beach is fantastic, the activity huts are there to choose tons of activities for added fee of course. Holiday inn provides huts to lay out on the beach and be shaded from the sun. The have a fair policy of picking huts. you pick a hut the day before at 345p-4p. If you miss the lottery for hut picking the day before, you can go the day of at 1030am and pick from what's left over. We picked 1030am the day of each day, that worked out fine for us. We weren't to picky of our location. If you need a specific location or size hut then maybe going 345p the day before is your best choice. We are a family of 5. Me and my 3 sons who are all 6'3" and better with varying weights along with my wife, were fine with all the huts they gave us. It could be (it was, lol) when they saw how big we were they purposely held a hut to the side for us, if available. Even when the full huts weren't available they managed to give us bigger bamboo umbrella style gazebos to accommodate us. I say that to say going at 1030am wasn't a bad move just know you may not be in the same location each day. The pools looked great, there were three pools, mainly left to parents with small children to play and have fun. We spent all of out water time on the beach. It's a good idea whether you decide to hang in pool or beach, buy all your inflatable donuts, mats, etc before you come. They are a great resource here and water huts charge you $5-10 per day per float to use, only up until to 4p or 5pm when the huts close. That price isn't terrible, but it adds up per day, what if you want to hang out longer than 5p. You can but most of those floats from Walmart or Amazon for like $6, you can use it for the week and then leave it if you don't want to bring it back home. Just another opinion of mine. Overall I really enjoyed my time here in Aruba at the Holiday Inn Resort. The hotel grounds were big, nice huts on beach to lay out under, in the high rise location of aruba where you can walk to tons of restuarants, shops, bars, etc. The holiday inn is also less than a block away walking on the beach to all the pirate excursions, the snorkeling ships, the pier where most of those types of excursions depart from. You dont need to take a taxi or rent a car when your here at the holiday inn for most activities. Have a great trip thumbs up Holiday Inn, Morris Family

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank kimani m

Dear Morris Family,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are so happy to know that you and your family had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location, beach and staff. We also appreciate your very detailed description of our facility and services, we are sure future guests will appreciate that. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This property is in one of the best locations in Aruba, Basically it's within walking distance of so many wonderful restaurants, places to shop, movie theaters, malls. It's so nice to just get up and walk 300 yards to have breakfast, another 200 yards for lunch & less than a quarter mile for a fantastic dinner.
Right on the best beach in Aruba !

Room Tip: Get an oceanside with a view of the wonderful Beach !
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Billyboy391
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Being my fifth trip to Aruba, I had normal expectations for a resort hotel. We stayed with a huge wedding party (60+) people. From the moment we showed up we were disappointed in the customer service of the "resort". We waited over 45 minutes to check into the hotel. We were supposed to be put in the same building as the entire wedding, and they gave us no special accommodations (Being the family of the bride, I don't even want to tell you how much we spent on this resort). First, we were offered a special rate for all-inclusive because of the wedding party booking. However, we were not honored by this rate. I spoke to AZMIL and informed him this rate is different than the one we were given. He argued with me for 20 minutes, explained to me they adjusted the rate, even though I had shown him on paper the rate we were to be honored. Finally, he gave me the rate we were quoted. The rooms were disgusting! I am not exaggerating one bit. Rusted doors, the beds smelled like pee, and the carpets were so dirty. The Wifi is awful (but I was ok with this, we are on an island who cares!). But doing the all-inclusive I expected a higher level of service. The package was very expensive especially for a family of 7. The bartenders were incredibly rude, unless you held cash in your hand they would not serve you. It took forever to get a drink, as soon as they see you have an all-inclusive wristband they ignore you! I am not kidding!! It was insane. Aruba is not a cheap island to go to, everyone knows that. So the fact we had a group of 60+ book at this resort AND book a wedding at the resort, we expected a high level of customer service. I know this isn't a 5 star resort, but for the price you pay to stay here higher customer service is expected. I typically stay at timeshares in Aruba and never again will I book this resort.I also asked to use the phone to book an excursion and AZMIL (again, and somehow he is a manager?) would not let me use his phone.. he told me to use the phone on the wall which did not work. I will be escalating this to Holiday Inn corporate. The customer service ruined our beautiful Aruba vacation. The only time we felt accommodated was the day of the wedding.. the day we spent the most money. Seriously do not book!!! There are so many nicer resorts for the same price!

Room Tip: Book a different resort!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Erin D

Dear Erin D,
Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. Please contact us at hiraguest.experience.manager@ihg.com so our manager can personally follow up with you.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I have stayed here 3 times in the past and find its a wonderful hotel, great price, and beautiful beach. restaurants are good and casino is a lot of fun, i have won more in the casino that lost, all in all i would stay here again and again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Islandtimeagain
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Islantimeagain,
Thank you so much for choosing us over the years for your holidays in Aruba. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us once again. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us in paradise again!

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino