All reviews kini kini phase ii pool bar screaming eagle restaurant home away from home salt water pool time share daily maid service larger pool front office timeshare exchange low rise section car rental second week front desk staff aruba vacation bedroom unit
Reviewed 30 July 2018

this was our 5th time here out of 6 years we now stay for 3 weeks week 25,26,27 always stay in phase one as it is so quiet the staff is always helpfull and knowledgeable and they are upfront with any fees that will be charged at end of your stay. Wife is always at the beach the beach attendent always has her chairs set up for her. The food at the bar is excellant and is a lot for the money. Eagle beach is the best beach we like that there are no crowds.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My wife and I just spent two weeks at La Quinta. While there were somethings we liked about it there were also somethings we did not.

The Good:
- The room quality was good and was kept clean by the housekeeping stuff. The housekeepers went above and beyond and would put away dishes for you or wash a few things as needed. The bed was comfortable and had decent pillows.
- The pool area always had lots of seating and wasn't too busy.
- You are right across the road from Eagle Beach. The beach never seemed too busy in front of La Quinta with lots of space available.
- The onsite restaurant Kini Kini was excellent. Danny and AB always had good food and drinks going and for a reasonable price. Loved the wings! Make sure to check it out at happy hour!
- Free parking and easy access.
- It is a small place so its easy to get around and if you need to go back to your room for things its not a big adventure
- It is very quiet around the hotel in the evening.

The Bad:
- We were disappointed with our check in. We weren't informed of any of the on site amenities, including the beach chairs being free! There are big signs at the beach that say $15 dollars for chair usage but it doesn't say anywhere that it's free for guests. We we're also given a set of five keys and when I asked what they were for and guy said for the door. Well two of the keys are for the hallway door and three are for the patio door but I had the pleasure of figuring this out on my own.
- The wifi in our room was horrible. We had two spots in our entire one bedroom suite where the wifi would sort of work. It would be so in and out and it was so frustrating to use. We had to sit by the windows for it to work. It works great at the pool but that was about it. Some upgrades definitely need to be done for this system. This isn't an Aruba thing..we stayed a night at the Renaissance and the wifi was excellent all over the resort.
-There is nothing in the room to cook with in the oven. We had to go to the store to buy tin foil sheets so we could bake items which was kind of annoying to buy throw away items like this.
- The safe was left not in the ready mode so it took me a couple trips to the front desk to get this sorted out getting the instructions, getting another key for the safe etc. These things should be caught during room inspection.
- Charging guests 4% to use their credit card at check out. This is not a common thing anymore and should not be aloud at hotels. I spend 40-50 nights a year in a hotel and I have not encountered anything like this in a very long time.
- The shower in our room didn't drain properly and we had to clean up small floods in our bathroom a few times. We had to resort to just turning down the water pressure on the shower and that seemed to work ok.

The Worst:
- During check in we were informed of the renovations taking place at the hotel. We were advised work would be taking place 10am to 5pm 7 days a week. Unfortunate but I'm very understanding that work needs to be done for improvements and the times of the construction were reasonable. Unfortunately for us, renovations were taking place in a suite above ours. The bush hammering and cutting were very loud in our room but during the day we were mostly gone so it was tolerable. The first three mornings of our stay we were woken by the workers above us and each time I checked the clocked it was before 10am, usually between 9:15 - 9:30. They hadn't started using power tools at this time but we doing some "quiet" work such as some light hammering etc. This noise echoed in our room and woke us up. Coming from three time zones away this felt very early to us and wasn't during the time advised to us anyways so I went to complain. I was then told by the manager there is no way they could have been working up there because they punch in at 9am and wouldn't start working before 10, basically calling me a liar but that they had been "talked" to. A few more times we were woken by this during our two weeks but I didn't bother wasting my breath again. They redeemed some points by sending champagne and fruit skewers to our room but I was still very frustrating with the events earlier. All she would have had to say is that she will talk to them and that would have been that.

All in all there were some very nice guests there we met, we love Aruba and love the area but I don't think we will be returning to La Quinta.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin R
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We just returned from our 18th year at La Quinta. We stayed 3 1/2 weeks and are going back for 2 weeks in September. Everything about this time share is fabulous.. It is small enough not to be crowded. We get a palapa on the beach and don't heve to get up at 6am to secure one. Eagle Beach is the 3rd best beach in the world it is not wall to wall people. The beaches up in the high rise area are very rocky bottoms and very crowded I will keep coming back every year. The stafff is very friendly and goes out of there way to accomodate any request. They are constantly up grading their resort. The Kini Kini pool bar is staffed by the nicest staff you could ask for, it is always a pleasure to come back to our home away from home.

Room Tip: Our unit is in Phase 2 which we prefer 2207/2217
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
LaQuintaAruba, Manager at La Quinta Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you very much for your kind words about La Quinta. We appreciate all recognition from our members.

We pride ourselves on our resort and services, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My family had another great vacation in Aruba. Thanks you to all the staff. The resort is clean and daily room service is a bonus. The beach is across the street from resort and is very quiet. There where times when my daughters where the only people in the ocean. There is a bar and restaurant onsite.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your kind words about La Quinta. The resort has always been advertised as a place where you can come and relax. We appreciate all recognition from our members and guests.

We pride ourselves on our resort and services, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

This review may be premature as I am just finishing up my first week and in 3 weeks after staying at my home resort I will have another week here. How anyone could give La Quinta anything but a thumbs after staying here in this phase is beyond me. Excellent staff, 2 salt water pools, neat little pool bar with great food and staff, excellent air-conditioning, excellent fast WIFI, lots of parking, daily maid service, large spacious rooms and excellent beach access and beach staff across a simply crossed road. My home resort is a top floor ocean front 3 bedroom wonder at Costalinda and in many ways my wife and I enjoyed our stay here nearly as much as our time at Costalinda. Only negative re this place was the door between our room and the adjoining quest room let too much sound thru it but as long as the air-conditioning and fans were on it wan't an issue. Highly recommend La Quinta and I will definitely be back here in coming years when we need extra time on the island that our home resort can't accommodate.

Room Tip: We stayed at the big saltwater pool phase with the pool bar in a 1 king bed unit (2205) which was excellent and very quiet this week.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dr. Bill,

Thank you very much for your kind words about La Quinta. We appreciate all recognition from our members and guest.

We pride ourselves on our resort and services, and look forward to your return in three weeks.