7,004 results
All reviews sports bar building b block c don nicolas specialty restaurants main building junior suite buffet restaurant main buffet our honeymoon nachos all inclusives make reservations senor frogs all inclusive resort nightly entertainment towel clips
Reviewed 20 December 2016

We had a great vacation at the Riu Palace Aruba. Check in was easy and we received a free room upgrade. I wrote the hotel before we arrived asking if the two rooms we booked could be close together. They were and we each received a nice picture frame and letter welcoming us back to the resort. The resort is in excellent condition and the food is very good. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They make it easy to have a fantastic vacation.

Room Tip: 10th floor has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the RIU palace for a week. We took our two boys who are 11 and 7. Our room was huge with a large bathroom. The pool was gorgeous. The water was warm. My boys loved the swim up bar. They could order non alcoholic drinks all day.
The beach was our favourite parts of the trip. The sand was soft and white. The sea was actually warmer than the pool. My boys went tubing and absolutely loved it.
The food at the resort was outstanding. I have never seen so much food. We ate at the buffet most nights. My boys are very picky eaters and they ate so much that week. We loved that there was a variety of food for everyone. We also ate at the steak restaurant. We absolutely loved it.
The best part of the RIU palace is the people. Everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to help us. We became so attached to our servers we cried when we left. We would love to return to the RIU. Thanks for making this the vacation of a lifetime.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank teachph
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

The best trip and hotel I've been in years. The Roy palace is all inclusive , was super clean , friendly staf , amazing tasty food . The most thing I liked about Aruba u can visit and walk in the city at night without been scared , it's safe and there's lot of souvenirs shop and restaurant to visit. my family and I we decided Aruba is our dream caravan getaway from now on.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Vera A
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Stayed December 4th through December 14th . Stayed in rooms 602, 603 and 604.
Reserved 3 rooms for my family and felt like i wasted my money in booking this resort. I take at least 3 vacations annually and usually look forward to travelling in December, because i celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday every year with a trip. That said i will outline the good then the bad.

Hotel Location - Great
Hotel Room was junior suite ocean view which was good and the views very pretty
Air condition had to be constantly on otherwise room got moldy
Beach - Good
Room Service - Good
Housekeeping was terrible started tipping her after 3 days and service got better
Food horrible - presentation horrible and even grilled food was swimming in oil
Service - horrible

I will never go back to this resort or Island. My husband asked for tea cup at breakfast and was given a dirty one so he placed it with dirty stack. Not aware of what had just happened a manager passed by and he asked her for a cup and he watched her pick up the same cup he had just put down wiped it out with tissue and handed it to him, of course he just left it. Last straw was housekeeping broke my perfume and although management was advised no one left a note for me...after detective work on my part i realized they broke it. No apologies for not notifying me even although they knew, instead of reimbursing me they had me go out to buy a bottle so that i could give them a receipt before I was compensated. When i was checking out i was further inconvenienced and almost missed my bus to the airport because they wanted papers signed and a copy of my passport. The food selection was terrible and even the “grilled” items were swimming in oil. Food was terrible and this was the worst service i have experienced in a long time hurts even more because it was not an inexpensive vacation.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Sadie G
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns. As a service minded hotel chain, it is disappointing to hear that you encountered inconveniences in our property as mentioned in your review and that it caused your holiday to be less enjoyable.

We would like to apologise for the incident in your room and the inconveniences this may have caused you. The ethos of our staff training requires a helpful, friendly and very obliging service at any time. We will raise this issue with those responsible and figure out the problem so that it does not reoccur.

In order to fulfill every guest expectations regarding food, our main buffet and specialty restaurants offer a great range of food options. We were concerned to note that we failed to live up to your expectations. But we can assure you that we strive to improve our service daily in order to offer all our guests in house and future clients a pleasant stay.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,
Riu Palace Aruba
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 19 December 2016

We got back this week Dec.13, a week of relaxation. The Hotel is beautiful and clean, but very windy. 90% spend their time on the beach, the water was calm, and enough chairs. We got 3 days of rain which is rare for Aruba.

Pros:
Quick check in. Wi-Fi is the best, very clean in the room and on the premises, non stop cleaning. Good service at the bars and the restaurants.. Average entertainment, very small area and not enough chairs.

Cons:
Food was recycled for the 7 days we were there. No BQ at the beach like other RIU's, but there is a lunch restaurant. No washroom at the beach, you have to choose the sea or to walk to one washroom that service the pool too. The bar at the pool is serving both beach and the pool. No drinks service at the beach. (maybe this is a low season??? don't know)

Room Tip: Choose the Pool view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toronto_CanadaAnna08

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us such honest and detailed feedback.

We are committed to give all our guests a warm welcome from the moment they arrive at our resort. We regret that your stay at our hotel did not fulfil your conception in general. Our policy is to make every attempt to please and keep our guests content. As a service minded hotel chain it is disappointing to notice that you left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind.

With our best wishes we remain,