2,914 results
All reviews pega pega french steakhouse ike's bistro chop house ana maria orange flag high rise area del sol all inclusive package all inclusive plan our honeymoon small cooler garden view happy hour low key couples massage fish tacos
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Pros:
- located in the "low-rise" section, away from the bustling crowds
- amazing sunsets due to the west coast centrality
- by far the nicest beachfront along the west coast
- incredible front desk staff (Lucinda, Mejita, Tamara, Sandra, Henri) went above and beyond for us daily
- 3 of the 4 restaurants on site are worth revisiting throughout your stay (Omakase, Ike's & the Chophouse)
- amenities make the resort self-sufficient (you really don't have to leave the property)
- nearby marketplace has 2 coffee shops, several small shops and and a grill

Cons:
- a wedding event took place during our stay which led to a rowdy crowd one evening instead of the usual tranquil ambiance
- construction of a new pool facade had sledgehammering taking place some early am's
(this was close to being completed as of this review)
- we had a technology problem regarding our room door card reader (not a security issue but a daily inconvenience)

Notes:
- all-inclusive is not necessary unless you plan on drinking heavily. And it can be booked at the desk on a daily basis vs. paying for it all in advance.
- make a reservation for the couple's massage at the Spa del Sol - amazing
- watch your change with taxis & buses...they like to keep a dollar

We loved the people here. They really defined hospitality.

Room tip: 1st floor, ocean view is the best situation for beachgoers
Date of stay: June 2017
3  Thank redmeatandwhisky
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback - always much appreciated. Glad to read that you enjoyed all of the amenities and services that make Manchebo a special place. The pool project has indeed been finalized now allowing a spectacular view from the pool towards the beach and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Edgar Roelofs | General Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa is ideal for the oner that are looking for peace, tranquility and relaxation. Rooms are clean and awailable to all your needs to make your stay pleasant.-
Thefood is excellent and of great quality, making sure to exceed expectations and very often checked to ensure satisfaction.
I would have been surprised of any of these menu's would have been in spanish.
the front desk assisted is good. The staff at Pega Pega , Chophouse and Ike's Bistro excellent!
Our night sitting at the bar with Carmen, was simply the best. She makes beatiful and exciting cocktels both before our dinners and even after dinner she knows exactly what to offer ! She makes you feel at home!!!!
Sushi at omakase had really good taste and presentation. Unfortunately we can't say the same about the chef. Running from one side to another, making checks forgetting about the guests, we felt ignored the whole night. It was a very odd experience. We would like to think it was an off night for her maybe she needs to learn how to give to genuine service to omakase guest.

Our thanks to Carmen, Joraine and Ada

Room tip: todas son muy buenas
1  Thank Juan D
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are pleased that you found peace, relaxation and tranquility during your stay, Muchas gracias y hasta la próxima vez. Edgar Roelofs | General Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2017

As others have said the arrival was met with fresh "scented" towels (mine had a sour smell - like they had not been fully dried before reuse). The front staff were extremely friendly and it set the stage for what we hoped would be a stellar stay. There was a glitch with our room being ready - perhaps it was time for routine maintenance? No worries...to the beach. This is where we met likely the BEST server/staff member. Her name is Karen and she took amazing care of us. If this hotel was full of Karen clones this review would have an entirely different skew. Manchebo...I hope Karen is in line for promotion or extra perks - some regonition. She is an impressive star employee amongst your staff and admittedly, I'm hard to impress but, Karen blew me away.

This was our third all-inclusive (AI) resort as we are cruise enthusiasts (value perday is hard to beat). This review is written from that perspective. I understand it is hard to compete with what a cruise can offer. However, Manchebo, you have room for carving out a unique niche.

Though all of the staff we met were friendly, other than Karen, none stood out. This could easily be explained by the levels of interaction we had with each staff member. I will say however, in our brief interaction, the security guard at the front desk had an infectious smile so perhaps, levels of interaction aren't a factor. Perhaps this is the difference between a cruise and Manchebo. I really can't put my finger on it. It was almost as if folks are/were just going through the daily grind of a job. But, there was another glimmer of hope, the grounds keepers...we had no interaction with this crew however, it was easy to see they love their jobs and it shows. Kudos Manchebo...you're doing it right in this area. The grounds are beautiful.

The food - I can only say...I have no idea what others experienced or are used to eating but, overall for me, the food selection as well as taste is/was at best BLAH! Extremely under-whelming. The menu didn't rotate so after a few days....YUCK...same ole same ole. In my humble opinion, the chef(s) have no heart in their preparation or selection. I'm sure Aruba has a vibrant food culture....SHARE IT! You're on the ocean...why are you not sharing the bounty of the sea? How many fishermen are there on this island? Hard to imagine not having unique fresh fish/crustacean selections presented everyday. What the heck are you doing serving FRESH FROZEN?????????? This is shameful!

For breakfast....ugh! Again...use some creativity and shake it up a bit. You guys have so much room to improve - in food - it won't take much for me to change this review. I can't believe you served fresh frozen fish....I can't get my mind away from that reality. You're seconds/minutes from docks...with fishermen....

The service at the restaurant was good - Alexander had moments of perfection followed by moments of a lack of attention to detail. I suspect this is because you guys were operating short staffed (staff per guest ratio?). Either way, it should not take 2.5 hours to move through dinner service...especially when we were the first to sit down. Oh, another area for improvement...in high end restaurants (I assume you include yourself in this as your prices reflect high end) bread and water should be hitting the table minutes after seating. This is a simple attention to detail correction which can be made. When you're slammed...that's one thing. When nobody else is in the restaurant...come on...no excuses. Is the dining team a team?

Highlights:
Karen
Security Guard
Grounds Keepers

I have given a fair review citing moments of exceptional service as well as areas for improvement. I simply have been under-whelmed for the cost per day therefore, it is highly unlikely I will return. There simply wasn't enough to earn my loyalty. Hey...there is still hope....food selection/quality and dining staff could make an amazing difference.

Room tip: All rooms seem to face the beach
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike C

Appreciate the detailed feedback on your recent visit. Interesting to read how our intimate boutique resort compares to a cruise vacation. Kareem is indeed one of our many exemplary staff members. I will make sure to nominate her once again for our upcoming staff recognition event. Edgar Roelofs | General Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

This place was an absolute dream! We were greeted with Cole towels with lavender oil to wipe of our faces from traveling and mojitos which was the perfect way to wash away the traveling tiredness and start the vacation! From day one until we left the service was impeccable. The beach had plenty of space and never overcrowded. The service for food and drinks on the beach was a nice touch and all of the staff are so friendly and eager to accommodate. There were plenty of palapas and lawn chairs and the beach was the prettiest on the whole island. The resort was overall calm and a perfect oasis away from the crowds on the rest of the island. All of the restaurants were excellent. The accommodations of the room and grounds of the resort were top quality and truly felt like paradise. Will be back and will recommend to anyone looking for a great place for R&R.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank katelyn p
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thank you for a most beautiful review. Great to read that you found your piece of paradise with us. The Manchebo Team works diligently to create wonderful vacation experiences for our guests looking for rest and relaxation. Thank you as well for recommending our resort. Edgar Roelofs | General

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I want the managers job, at the Manchebo Beach resort and Spa! Why?, because he has such a great team working for him!
This hotel, its surroundings, its staff, its food, is simply amazing!
From the minute you arive at the hotel, to the minute you leave (sadly ), you are cared for, catered for, with the biggest smiles you will ever see.
Holidaying in May, myself and my fiancée chose the Manchebo, for its relaxed, laid back reviews, and for my fiancée's involvement in yoga.
We had a garden facing room. OK, not sea facing, but how long to you spend in your room, looking out, when you should be out there, enjoying the warm sun, the views, the soft sand between your toes .There is a warn wind blowing almost constantly, but I can assure you, it is very welcomed, in the heat of the day.
Breakfast in the 'Ike' restaurant, lunch at the Pega Pega beach bar, and dinner at the Chophouse restaurant, the Sushi bar, or the 'Ike' restaurant are all amazing. The food here is simply divine. All served by warm, friendly, smiling professional staff.
This is a lovely warm, laid back resort, so entertainment is up to you. Laugh and joke with the staff, chat with friends, or venture out. Aruba is very very safe.
We have been on quite a few holidays together, and when you don't want to leave, and when you are already looking at booking a return visit to the Manchebo, you know you have hit onto an absolute winner!
Special thanks, goes to the, front desk. Especially Sandra, nothing, but nothing, was too much trouble for these girls.
To Joraine, the restaurant manager, running around, between both restaurants in the evening, making sure all is in order, yet will stop, and chat, and will make sure all her guests are catered for.
To Stephanie, William, and the 'big one', making your dining experience a delightful one.
To Alex, chef at the beach bar ( lunch ). My fiancée had some dietary needs whilst on holiday, and Alex went the extra mile, making my partner special lunches,( not listed on the menu) and even checked on us, making sure my partner was ok with the meals. Thank you Alex.
To our 'beach girl', the lovely Alyandra. Hard working, with a smile and a laugh, serving your drinks on the beach. We miss her already!
And last, but never least, the very professional, happy, laughing ( with always time for every quest ), is the beautiful Tamara. So, so, helpful. Thank you so much Tamara.

You want a holiday, that you will never forget, for all the right reasons ... its the Manchebo.

Phil and Julie Manchester. UK

2  Thank Phillip A
Edgar-Manchebo, General Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Thank your for your "wow" review. It's amazing to read your summary of all of the great people experiences you enjoyed at our resort. Think we are going to frame your review for our wall of fame in our staff cafeteria in honor to our wonderful team. As for the manager's job you can have it for next month when I take a couple of weeks vacation. Cheers!!! Edgar Roelofs - General Manager