2,854 results
All reviews pega pega ike's bistro french steakhouse chop house ana maria orange flag high rise area del sol all inclusive plan all inclusive package our honeymoon garden view small cooler happy hour couples massage relaxing vacation alhambra casino
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Having about to leave for home after spending 2 weeks in Manchebo Beach Resort, I have to write and tell you about how good it is.

1. The Resort. Very clean and well kept to a high standard. There is always staff maintaining the grounds.
2. The Staff. This is where this resort excels itself. Every member of staff is eager to help and nothing is too much trouble or a problem. The Beach Staff keep what is a perfect beach immaculate. Beds are always available as is a sun shelter. Drinks are served promptly and always cold. the quality of the staff does not end with the beach, but throughout the hotel. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard each day, the beds a very comfortable too. The restaurant staff are very attentive and even manage to remember your usual drink and breakfast order. (Yes I am a creature of habit in that dept).
3. The Food. Again to a high standard with good quality food served all day. The menus were varied enough for us (a family of 4), and catered for all our tastes.

So what are the disadvantages: This seems petty in comparison to what has been said already, however, I do not like the wrist bands that have to be worn to indicate that you are all inclusive. I do not know of a better way to deal with this, but heyho I can now show my friends my white mark to indicate my tan!!

Aruba is 'One Happy Island'. This is true of all the people we met in and out with the hotel. I would recommend this holiday to someone who wants quality, relaxation and probably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Room Tip: We chose two Garden Rooms. They were fine for our needs, however, a beach view at sunset would be amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen H
FreyaManchebo, Quality Assurance Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

We appreciate your detailed feedback.
It's great to hear you had a relaxed vacation!
Our Gardening staff with Supervisor Carlos is doing a great job to keep our grounds clean and well kept.
We are very proud with your compliments about our staff. Most of our staff is working at Manchebo for many years and they are taking much pride in their job.
It's good that the food was also up to your likings.
There is always room for improvement and looked into different solutions to replace the wristbands already. We changed recently from plastic to linen. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you for your kind recommendation.
We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

This property was superior in all areas. This is a "low rise" hotel located away from the chaos of the high rise strip. The beach is expansive and was never crowded. You still have to stake your claim to "your spot" if you want to be close to the water. The staff was always friendly and accommodating, "real" people compared to the "stepford" like atmosphere we had experienced at Buccuti next door 2 years prior. The rooms were clean and well maintained. (They just completed a major renovation). The beds superbly comfortable. WiFi passable (not a priority for us) . The beach service outstanding. The food overall was good but be advised all food in Aruba is expensive. Lunch on the beach for 2 people was $35 to $50 (including tip). Example steak salad, chicken tenders and 2 virgin frozen cappuccino's about $40. One area in need of improvement was the dinner service at the Bistro. Very slow and the staff always seemed harried. We ate in the Steakhouse the second time because of this. Overall this property is outstanding and we plan on returning.

3  Thank ODAAT54

Thank you for your review.
We are Happy to hear that you found our Resort 'superior' in all areas.
We forwarded your comments for improvement to Ike's Bistro Management as well.
We hope that you will return soon to Manchebo!

Reviewed 13 September 2014

This was our 4th visit to Aruba and our 3rd to the Manchebo Resort. This time, we tried a high rise hotel for 2 nights, then moved to the Manchebo for the remaining 4 nights. We remembered pretty quickly why we prefer the low rise district and the Manchebo: far fewer people and much larger beaches! The hotel is a nice size with all the necessary amenities. The staff are great, and very helpful from the front desk to the gentleman helping with the beach chairs and palapas!

This trip was special for us as we were both celebrating our 50th birthdays. I had mentioned this to hotel, and they were nice enough to leave a bottle of champagne, brie, crackers, and grapes in the room for us! It was really nice touch, and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the beach in the evening sipping the champagne!

One of our reservations fell through at one of the many great restaurants in Aruba, so we decided to try the French Steakhouse onsite at the Manchebo. We had never been to this restaurant, but it had received decent ratings and was convenient, so we decided to give it a try, and we were glad we did! This turned out to be one of the best meals we had during this visit! We will definitely be back! We also tried Ike's Bistro, another onsite restaurant, but were not as impressed and found the menu less appealing. As usual, we ate most of our lunches at the Pega Pega Beach Bar and thoroughly enjoyed them.

In my opinion, the Manchebo Resort is one of the best values on Aruba if you are looking for an affordable, relaxing vacation. Their room rates are reasonable, their resort is clean and well-kept, the staff friendly and helpful, the restaurants good, and most of all they have one of the largest and most beautiful white powder sand beaches on the island!

We enjoyed this past visit and will be returning to the Manchebo on our next visit to Aruba!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are lower cost, and considering that you aren't right on the beach with an ocean view room and that you don't spend much time in your room anyway, they are the best value in my opinion.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
FreyaManchebo, Quality Assurance Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you for visiting Manchebo for the 3rd time.
We hope you had a wonderful celebration of both your 50th Birthdays.
It's always good to let us know if you celebrate any special occasion.
Were glad you tried the French Steakhouse and that you liked it.
We appreciate all your positive feedback about our Resort.
See you on your next visit to Aruba!

Reviewed 11 September 2014

I have never stayed @ Manchebo Beach Resort. However, I do go to their spa every time (I stay next door) I go to Aruba. It's one of the best on the island. You can enjoy a massage in an "open" outdoor atmosphere. I usually do a half day of beauty there, which consists of starting with a brown sugar scrub, a clay or mud wrap, a massage, and lastly a wonderful anti-aging facial. The service is impeccable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia C

Thank you for your review about the Spa Del Sol.
I will forward it to their Owner who will be very pleased with your compliments.
Spa Del Sol is indeed a unique outdoor Spa experience on Aruba.
The Spa is looking forward to see you back!

Reviewed 10 September 2014

This was our third visit to Aruba and second time at Manchebo. Couple years ago we stayed there in ocean view room on the first floor with two double beds. I did not like it than. I think room was too small for two double beds and 3 people. Plus I hate first floor. I contacted customer service but it was pretty much unexistant at that time. That is why last year we tried Amsterdam Manor. While rooms were much better there, the beach was very crowded every day.
Seeing more excellent reviews for Manchebo, we decided to give it a second try. We were not disappointed! I have to say, that customer service changed dramatically. Every phone call, message and e-mail was answered/returned/replied promptly with useful information and in understandable English! Last time majority of the staff did not speak or understand English.

This time there were only two of us. I booked garden view room as it was the only choice available. When we arrived I asked if we can get an upgrade to the ocean view and was immidiately given choice of two rooms. I choose second floor room 39 which was an excellent choice. The view was breathtaking. The room with king bed was much better looking than the one with two double beds. Clean, crispy cold, it had mostly everything we needed.

All stuff was excellent, always with a smile and ready to please you.
The towels/beach chairs guy was amazing. The minute he saw you, he was rushing to you with chairs and big smile.

Bartenders at Pega pega bar were also excellent! Drinks were served promptly and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Happy hour actually lasts two hours from 5 till 7. Cocktails served in tall glasses, are strong and very tasty.

My husband was fishing right off the beach and lady at Pega pega even cook fish he caught for us. It tested amazing! She is an excellent cook!

Waitresses at Ike’s bistro where we had our breakfast every day were also great. They remember you from the day one and trying to bring you food and drinks you like.

Beach is huge, not crowded at all compare to timeshares nearby! Plenty of palapas no matter what time of the day you are coming.

There is a convenience store across the street that has café where they make fresh bread, pastries, sandwiches, etc. There are also nice small shops at the same plaza.

Now, few suggestions:
the pool is closed from 630pm- 930pm due to dinner service which in my opinion is too bad as this is the time when everyone would like to swim there after sunset;
room has fridge, microwave, coffee/tea maker, cups, but needs spoons, plates, forks, knives and bottle opener;
beach chairs could use some soft covers like at Bucuti;
iguana’s droppings must be cleaned around the pool on a daily basis

Room Tip: I preferred ocean view room on the second floor.
5  Thank traveler85_BostonMA

Thank you for choosing again our Resort for your third visit to Aruba.
We were glad that you gave Manchebo a 2nd chance and that we didn't disappoint you.
Customer Service is our main priority and were happy you experienced a good customer service from our staff.
It's great to hear the Front Desk was able to give you an upgrade and provide you with a King Bed. We always try to honor all guest requests when available.
We appreciate your suggestions and will definitely discuss these with higher management.
We will see you back soon!!