“Rustic Colombian Village restaurant”

La Fonda Aruba Bar Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Description: Colombian and international cuisine, with a variety of dishes of high gastronomic level and serves lunch, dinner, drinks and coffee
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Dined there last night and was very pleasantly surprised by the beautiful country rustic, tasteful but simple rustic decor. Tables well spaced and not crowded, service excellent and food (lamb chops) outstanding. Small but select choice of food and wines all well priced. I shall most certainly return.

1  Thank 233dim273

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We really like La Fonda, we tried dinner and lunch.

It is a nice and small restaurant with friendly service, the food is Colombian.
For lunch they have a daily changing menu with different options every day.
I love the Ajiaco soup (traditional Colombian soup with different potatoes, chicken, heavy cream and capers... delicious)

If you visit Aruba and want to try a restaurant that is 'off the beaten path' go here, you will not be disappointed (don't be in a hurry, you are on Aruba).
The prices are very reasonable

1  Thank Toine S
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We went for Lunch, and family member recommend the restaurant and we wanted something different. An relatively small restaurant but big in choices of food, not really local Arubuan food but more oriented on Latin america, Colombia, Venezuela, Kids menu had good choices. We had the steak a la parrilla, Skewers, Hamburger(8oz) and Spaghetti with Alfredo for the kids. Size's we good. Taste was wonderful and as mention in Title Big in an delicious sense

1  Thank alvin_71_08
LaFondaTeam, Guest Relations Manager at La Fonda Aruba Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear alvin_71_08,

We would like to thank you for writing a review. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We will share your review with our team... We hope to see you back soon to create more memorable experiences.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

The food was better than I expected,service was awesome props to Brandon;seems like he is enjoying his job.

1  Thank Ceramic P

Dear Ceramic P,

We would like to thank you for writing a review. Your kinds comments are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you back soon to create more memorable experiences.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent a few days in Aruba. One of the friendly concierge at our hotel recommended that restaurant as we wanted to have a local food experience. Let me tell you: we were not disappointed AT ALL! So much that we also took my brother there a couple of days later. Second time same week! I had the beef skewer (melted in my mouth and sooo tasty!). The first day, I had the pan fried grouper. My husband got the seafood soup and the pork cutlet with crushed fried plantain: amazing! Both my brother and husband were pleased with their meal. It is a family owned business (Wilson and his sister) we did not get to meet her as she is the one doing magic in the kitchen. We were warmly greeted by Maritza and our well mannered waiter Brian.
I highly recommend La Fonda restaurant. It is located not too far from the main hotel area.

1  Thank Erick45
LaFondaTeam, Guest Relations Manager at La Fonda Aruba Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Erick45,

We would like to thank you for writing a review. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you back soon to create more memorable experiences.