“Tasting menu a must ”

Wilhelmina Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 250 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Description: Restaurant Wilhelmina, one of the restaurants of Chef Dennis van Daatselaar who is known for his renowned other restaurant “Carte Blanche”. Wilhelmina Restaurant is a casual, elegant restaurant with a creative setting in Downtown Oranjestad, located in the Wilhelminastraat with a nice view over the B.J. Arends City Park, just minutes away from the Renaissance hotel. High-quality ingredients from around the world will be served to you by our dedicated team. Seven days a week from 6pm to 10pm we will welcome and pamper our guests with excellent food and service. Wilhelmina Restaurant offers a place to dine, celebrate a party or just having a cocktail at the bar. Wilhelmina Restaurant offers an ” a la Carte” menu of delicious creative plates not seen anywhere on the island, from fresh seafood, the best Certified Black Angus steaks, to homemade fresh pasta. Or try our 5 Course Tasting Menu “A selection of Wilhelmina’s special dishes." Wilhelmina restaurant has a limited seating capacity, so reservations are recommended. For larger groups please contact us first. Chef Dennis and his team are looking forward to welcome you and treat you to a truly unforgettable night.
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This was one of the newer restaurants we had scheduled to try. Wow wow wow. Blew us away. I forced my husband into the tasting menu as the entire table needs to get. Don't miss it. Each dish was scrumptiously delicious and so unique in flavors and textures. Not like anything we had tried before. Did not disappoint. The short rib ravioli was both our favorites but the fish course a close second for sure. Honestly each course was delicious. Place is very eclectic - reused steel oil drums as tables - old desks as wine tables, the details are impeccable. Service was outstanding. They had two ladies serving the entire restaurant and they did an amazing job.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Easily the best meal I've had in Aruba and possibly the best I've had in my life.

Wilhelmina got recommended to us by our resort. The owner had another restaurant at the resort that we did not go to but was well rated.

My wife and I both loved everything. The waiter was professional and helpful. His recommendations were right on the money - from the wine to the starters to the entrees.

Would highly, highly recommend it to anyone seeking both semi traditional fare as well as fusion - the menu supports both.

2  Thank Ryan L
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Always a must when on the island. having been going for dinner for the past 3 years and usually more than once for each Island visit. Great Service, super martinis and outstanding food. The service is second to none.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we were told there would be no bar service this evening due to the elections. We did stay and are glad that we did. I had a really nice salad as an appetizer and my husband had the cauliflower soup which he thought was delicious. For our main I had the branzini fish and my husband had the duck breast. Everything we ordered had such a unique flavour we will definitely visit again. We both loved our meals but we're sorry we could not pair with a beautiful wine, such is life the law is the law. I should mention to you that if you have allergies as I have they are excellent and taking care of you.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My husband and I traveled to Aruba to celebrate our one year anniversary. We were told that we had to try Wilhelmina. I made reservations (for all of our dinners) about two weeks prior to our trip so I would recommend you make one as well. We happened to be dining the night of the election so there was no alcohol which was fine since we were there for the food. I had a vegetarian truffle dish and my husband had some sort of meat dish. Both meals were delicious.

I would like to go back so that we could enjoy a nice glass/bottle of wine with our meal or possibly a cocktail.

The ambiance was nice; kind of industrial with art. All of the seating was inside; also nice.

We stayed at the Renaissance so we were able to walk a short distance down the road to the restaurant and did not have to take a taxi. We felt very safe the entire time.