“Medellin in Aruba”

Ranked #60 of 251 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Wow. Where can I start. I had the small bowl of mondongo soup and it was a 15 out of 10. Plenty mondongo and hearty soup.

We ordered a picada for 2 and it had pently chicharrones, arepas, patacones, chorizo, grilled chicken and churrasco. We could not eat it all.

The beer was cold and the decor was very nice. The portion were huge and the flavors were out of this world.

I liked the way the employees were dressed wit the traditional folklore Colombian dresses.

1  Thank Erick J

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This is actually a regular place to eat for us but we never did a review for this restaurant. They have for example excellent lunch specials for Afl 13.00, about $7 per person, highly recommended and very tasteful! Their whole menu, and we have tasted almost everything, is very broad taste good, especially their breakfast. If you like Colombian cuisine, this is the place you should visit! The only reason we did not give a 5 star rating is due to the service. They are very inconsistent and the attitude of certain servers is not very friendly. The greeting at the entrance is great but you must be very lucky to get a good waiter! Ultimately we give 4 out of 5 stars due to the service.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I've never been before but I heard really good things about this restaurant so my friend I decided to go for lunch. When we got there they sat us right away, waitress came over offered drinks and on her return took our order. We asked if we could substitute French fries with patacon and it wasn't allowed which we understood then we asked for an order of avocado and were told we could only get it in guacamole since they did not have whole avocado which we understood. I must admit the food came out quickly and tasted good which I was very impressed about but there were no sauces offered so we had to ask the waitress for sauce. About 15 minutes into our meal what do I see? Someone being brought a side plate of sliced avocado so of course I was surprised but let it go. When we were finished we sat about 15 minutes only to realize that our waitress had left and didn't say anything so no one was serving our table at the time. As a placed the plates on each other and moved them towards the front of the table and sat another 5 minutes a gentleman came over and tried to assist us. Of course he was busy with his own tables so it took awhile for us to get our check as well.
I don't know what happened that day but I was really disappointed. I read other reviews where others had a great time and I don't understand what happened in my case. I don't think I would go back because even though the food was tasty, service is also important!

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I visit the restaurant quite often, as I love the ambience and the food. It's quite simple colombian food, excellent taste and very nice service.
Their daily options are great and the price is good and fair.
I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who likes colombian criollo food.
By the way good tintico (black colombian coffee) too.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We were looking to try some authentic Colombian food and came across Don Jacinto. The location is off the beaten path - $12 cab ride from the Hilton. Cab driver told us she eats at this restaurant, and you could tell it was a local spot. My daughter and I both enjoyed the grilled chicken breast - pounded thin and grilled perfectly, served with a basil pesto- type sauce, rice and cassava. Really good! My husband had a seafood stew that was more like a chowder. Our server was really nice, told us what all the dishes were, chatted with us about our trip and even called us a cab after dinner. Price point was a nice break from the $150-$200 meals we'd been having for mediocre food. Total came to about $95 with tip and the portions were so large, we had leftovers for a snack the next day.

1  Thank Jenniferjobe