“Excellent Island BBQ”

Flatties Flame grill
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Flatties is fantastic BBQ in a great casual atmosphere at English Harbor. Loved the service, loved the food, loved the music! I cannot wait to try the Peri Peri chicken next.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I visited flatties for the first time on a Saturday night.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The food was of a good standard and I really enjoyed my salad.
The service was quick and efficient.
Also I had a lime squash which I have to say was the best I’ve tasted on the island.
Flatties is well worth a visit also the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Loved my baby back ribs - probably the best I have had. Lots of meat on them that just peeled off the bone, like they should. I also had their number one side - potato bake. It was very good but I preferred my partners coleslaw. The staff were super friendly and the owner came by as well.

My only disappointment- it's closed on Sunday and Monday in the off-season. Such a shame as we would have eaten there again.

One suggestion through- offer wet wipes at the end of the meal as the ribs get everywhere. Other than that - perfect dinner and best meal on the island.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Great service great meal great staff. Highly recommend it. Steph was excellent and attention to detail was paid.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I've never had an experience with more uncouth, unprosessional, mechanical restaurant staff than those employed @Flatties Flame Grill. My significant other and I arrived early for our 8 p.m reservation during their Saturday night dinner service. Upon being seated we ordered immediately as we were knowledgeable of the menu. We didn't waste any time with our drink order either as we offered up our preferences immediately with our food order. An hour and thirty minutes later our food was no where in sight. Two tables that were seated 30 minutes after us were well on their way with their meals at this point. The incompetent servers had no knowledge of this until we notified them of our intent to cancel our order and pay for the beverages we had consumed. The only thing worse than the lack of professionalism that was exhibited by the staff was the half assed offer for the waiter to pay for our drinks. I would not recommend that sort of treatment to even a vagrant. No person who chooses to eat out should be met with this type of unprofessionalism and uncouth behavior

Date of visit: October 2018
Mark A, Owner at Flatties Flame grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Good day i do acknowledge your review and i am truely dissapointed . I am so sorry for your experience. Based on your review tho, you have had good times at flatties otherwise you would not have been back. I was made aware about your complaint and there was a misunderstanding in the kitchen with your order.
I truly appologise as we strive to keep great service and great food as you can see with the rest of our reviews . Please let us allow you a meal on us so we can show you our true potential.
Kind regards