“As good as ever”
Review of Catherines Cafe

Catherines Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Catherines Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We went for lunch and were given a warm welcome and made to feel at home. Ordered a magnum of Minuty rose and got stuck in. I had clams and a delicious boulibasse the others had gazpacho and half of a huge lobster. We all said we had chosen well. The atmosphere and position are unrivaled. Catherine may be gone, but nothing has changed. We will be back

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

November just after opening things seemed quite rocky (see that review). Glad to say it’s under control, a real buzz of a vibe, great service and brilliant food. Some small changes to stamp a different vibe which have been well executed. Moves firmly back to the top of the list for a cracking long lunch. Well done Alex!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

It was my first time visiting Antigua and travelling solo I normally use as a good source for places to eat. Despite there being a couple of poor reviews recently I thought I would give Catherine’s a go. Normally as a solo traveller I find I’m put on a table ‘round the side’ to give couples or groups the better table, it came as a welcome change where I was offered a number of different places to sit and enjoy the view.
The food was faultless and has been one of the only places on the island where I got a whole basket of bread for the table which I learned is baked fresh each day, I devoured the whole lot, being a true Brit abroad I was difficult with my main and asked for some changes which were happily made. I then finished off with some amazing home made ice cream which good as any gelato I’ve had in Italy (if not better).
Needless to say, although the restaurant is just off the beaten track it’s a true gem to Antigua.

2  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Recently new owners and new menu but beach location relaxed ambience and cheerful staff continue. Food is good and menu is similar to that found in upper mid range restaurants from Nice to narbonne.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Catherine’s Cafe is simply excellent.

I’m a huge fan of Antigua and it’s true the people make the place however, a few of the other beach venues have cut too many corners to simply take hard earned money without making the efforts that’s needed to warrant the prices.

At Catherine’s myself and my family and friends all agreed it’s now head and shoulders above the others.

For children it’s located in a safe bay with great swimming and snorkelling and a pontoon for jumping in the sea.

The restaurant food is exemplary and the facilities are clean, safe and well thought through....

Add charismatic staff and I truly feel they deserve great success..

We visited several times over 3 weeks.

2  Thank Somethingtoremember